Bo53Horvat

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'll certainly be disappointed.  Return to Canuck players being pushed around and pounded into the boards.  Remember that?

 

When have you seen that happen this year?  Guys are playing with confidence.  Guddy keeping the opposition in line.  Like Hansen said 'Guddy has everyone playing bigger'.

Except there is no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys on a regular basis.  He isn’t scaring anyone.

 

One of our leading goal scorers Dorsett however is filling that role.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Provost said:

Except there is literally no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys.

 

One of our leading goal scorers Dorsett however is filling that role.

He doesn't have to.  Just his presence on the ice does the trick.  Remember Lucic's reaction in the Edm game?  Not too many tough guys want to go at it with Guddy.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Except there is literally no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys.

 

One of our leading goal scorers Dorsett however is filling that role.

With us Guddy plays that way, and he's in the penalty box.  That's why the Leafs want him.  They know that he could play nasty and dirty - mean on their team, and no penalties would be given to him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rasanen (18 year old giant right hand D - 14 points in 17 games with Kingston this year) and Marner for Guddy and Rodin please. Rather keep Guddy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing the Laughs have they'd be willing to part with that I would rather have over Gudbranson. Hard pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 25 yr old Gudbranson is a huge part of the core, pun definitely intended. Even if the Canucks take five years to get back to par, Gudbranson is still 30 years old then. Gudbranson should be part of the future of the Vancouver Canucks.

 

This one year deal was just to make sure the dude can stay healthy and have a good year. He should be re-signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Guddy. Im only interested in trading Hutton or Edler. We have no replacement even close to what Guddy brings. The only appetite I would have to trading him is if he doesn't want to be here.

Edited by ohmy
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Nylander or Marner straight up or we're not interested.

Almost no chance we get either for Guddy straight, so we’d have to add. The question is, just how much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the overrating of Guddy is hilarious. He was worth what, Mccaan and a second two years ago? Why would be worth any of Nylander or Marner straight up? He has one year left? I love what he brings he just doesn’t have that kind of trade value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

Wow the overrating of Guddy is hilarious. He was worth what, Mccaan and a second two years ago? Why would be worth any of Nylander or Marner straight up? He has one year left? I love what he brings he just doesn’t have that kind of trade value. 

No kidding.  

 

Reading some if these proposals are super cringe.

 

Gudbranson isn't worth even a Lock of Nylanders golden hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You know what's scarier than the guy making a bunch of 'noise' to keep you in line and on your toes? The guy that rarely has to do anything beyond being on the ice, that's what.

Exactly, the toughest guys don't have to fight to keep rats on other teams in line. Their mere presence alone will stop teams from taking liberties. There is a reason that Ryan Reaves only fought 6 times last year.....nobody wants to fight him so the opposing teams behave themselves when he is out there.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Exactly, the toughest guys don't have to fight to keep rats on other teams in line. Their mere presence alone will stop teams from taking liberties. There is a reason that Ryan Reaves only fought 6 times last year.....nobody wants to fight him so the opposing teams behave themselves when he is out there.

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

Bieksa was (is) not the deterrent that Guddy is.  That said, neither play with the Twins.  Plus, the instigator rule allows guys to NOT fight.  It’s a good rule protecting guys from getting jumped.  It’s a bad rule, because it allows the rats to run around and attack star players without fear of retribution.  Soon enough our game will be a lot more like football, where players try to injure one another with horrific (but legal) hits.  Rosters will need to be expanded to accommodate for all the injuries.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

Gudbranson has 2 fights in 19 games this season. That works out to 9 in 82 games.

 

KB3 was a good middleweight fighter but would get throttled by guddy

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

Bieksa would get ragdolled by Guddy. Not even the superman punch would save Bieksa and I loved boom boom. Guddy on another level, I wish him and Lucic would give it a go. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Bieksa would get ragdolled by Guddy. Not even the superman punch would save Bieksa and I loved boom boom. Guddy on another level, I wish him and Lucic would give it a go. 

Size isn't everything. We saw what Rypien could do. Look at Guddy when he fought someone his own size last year in Matt Martin. Nothing about that fight screamed "deterrent". Lucic would tune Gudbranson up.

Edited by VIC_CITY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Exactly, the toughest guys don't have to fight to keep rats on other teams in line. Their mere presence alone will stop teams from taking liberties. There is a reason that Ryan Reaves only fought 6 times last year.....nobody wants to fight him so the opposing teams behave themselves when he is out there.

 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

You know what's scarier than the guy making a bunch of 'noise' to keep you in line and on your toes? The guy that rarely has to do anything beyond being on the ice, that's what.

i would agree with that except players still take advantage of our guy's when hes not on the ice. he needs to make his presence known through hits or scrums after the whisle if he wants to keep them honest. 

 

to many players this season have already taken to many liberties against our guys. dorsett is good for energy buf he wont scare any heavyweights.

 

guddy needs to be much more to have that impact. if he lets teammates get walked on it will continue.  fighting is everything i agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.