• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Bo53Horvat

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

41 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'll certainly be disappointed.  Return to Canuck players being pushed around and pounded into the boards.  Remember that?

When have you seen that happen this year?  Guys are playing with confidence.  Guddy keeping the opposition in line.  Like Hansen said 'Guddy has everyone playing bigger'.

Except there is no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys on a regular basis.  He isn’t scaring anyone.

One of our leading goal scorers Dorsett however is filling that role.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Except there is literally no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys.

He doesn't have to.  Just his presence on the ice does the trick.  Remember Lucic's reaction in the Edm game?  Not too many tough guys want to go at it with Guddy.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Except there is literally no evidence of this.  You don’t see him getting into faces or punishing guys.

With us Guddy plays that way, and he's in the penalty box.  That's why the Leafs want him.  They know that he could play nasty and dirty - mean on their team, and no penalties would be given to him.  

Rasanen (18 year old giant right hand D - 14 points in 17 games with Kingston this year) and Marner for Guddy and Rodin please. Rather keep Guddy though.

There's nothing the Laughs have they'd be willing to part with that I would rather have over Gudbranson. Hard pass.

A 25 yr old Gudbranson is a huge part of the core, pun definitely intended. Even if the Canucks take five years to get back to par, Gudbranson is still 30 years old then. Gudbranson should be part of the future of the Vancouver Canucks.

This one year deal was just to make sure the dude can stay healthy and have a good year. He should be re-signed.

Keep Guddy. Im only interested in trading Hutton or Edler. We have no replacement even close to what Guddy brings. The only appetite I would have to trading him is if he doesn't want to be here.

Edited by ohmy
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Nylander or Marner straight up or we're not interested.

Almost no chance we get either for Guddy straight, so we’d have to add. The question is, just how much?

Wow the overrating of Guddy is hilarious. He was worth what, Mccaan and a second two years ago? Why would be worth any of Nylander or Marner straight up? He has one year left? I love what he brings he just doesn’t have that kind of trade value. 

3 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

Wow the overrating of Guddy is hilarious. He was worth what, Mccaan and a second two years ago? Why would be worth any of Nylander or Marner straight up? He has one year left? I love what he brings he just doesn’t have that kind of trade value. 

No kidding.  

Reading some if these proposals are super cringe.

Gudbranson isn't worth even a Lock of Nylanders golden hair.

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You know what's scarier than the guy making a bunch of 'noise' to keep you in line and on your toes? The guy that rarely has to do anything beyond being on the ice, that's what.

Exactly, the toughest guys don't have to fight to keep rats on other teams in line. Their mere presence alone will stop teams from taking liberties. There is a reason that Ryan Reaves only fought 6 times last year.....nobody wants to fight him so the opposing teams behave themselves when he is out there.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Exactly, the toughest guys don't have to fight to keep rats on other teams in line. Their mere presence alone will stop teams from taking liberties. There is a reason that Ryan Reaves only fought 6 times last year.....nobody wants to fight him so the opposing teams behave themselves when he is out there.

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

6 is still pretty significant. Gudbranson has only averaged 2 fights a season over the last 4 years. He's tough, no one is arguing that. But I feel like there's a group of posters on here that think he's the incredible hulk or something. Kevin Bieksa was a much better fighter IMO and that didn't exactly stop anyone from pushing around the Sedins. 

The league is changing. There's less and less focus on physical play. The Sedins (our most pushed around players are playing less) and our team is getting physically stronger with age, not to mention smarter. This to me has more of an affect than Gudbranson. 

Bieksa was (is) not the deterrent that Guddy is.  That said, neither play with the Twins.  Plus, the instigator rule allows guys to NOT fight.  It’s a good rule protecting guys from getting jumped.  It’s a bad rule, because it allows the rats to run around and attack star players without fear of retribution.  Soon enough our game will be a lot more like football, where players try to injure one another with horrific (but legal) hits.  Rosters will need to be expanded to accommodate for all the injuries.  

7 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Gudbranson has 2 fights in 19 games this season. That works out to 9 in 82 games.

KB3 was a good middleweight fighter but would get throttled by guddy

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Bieksa would get ragdolled by Guddy. Not even the superman punch would save Bieksa and I loved boom boom. Guddy on another level, I wish him and Lucic would give it a go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Bieksa would get ragdolled by Guddy. Not even the superman punch would save Bieksa and I loved boom boom. Guddy on another level, I wish him and Lucic would give it a go. 

Size isn't everything. We saw what Rypien could do. Look at Guddy when he fought someone his own size last year in Matt Martin. Nothing about that fight screamed "deterrent". Lucic would tune Gudbranson up.

Edited by VIC_CITY

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

You know what's scarier than the guy making a bunch of 'noise' to keep you in line and on your toes? The guy that rarely has to do anything beyond being on the ice, that's what.

i would agree with that except players still take advantage of our guy's when hes not on the ice. he needs to make his presence known through hits or scrums after the whisle if he wants to keep them honest. 

to many players this season have already taken to many liberties against our guys. dorsett is good for energy buf he wont scare any heavyweights.

guddy needs to be much more to have that impact. if he lets teammates get walked on it will continue.  fighting is everything i agree.