The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

i think people underestimate

how tough the second half of the season actually is

sedins production has fallen off in the 2nd half noticeably since the torts season

bo barely produced the last part of last season

brock is now being targeted and his production is reduced

even if the team had remained healthy it would have had a dip in points earned

you cannot replace talent with hard work and fitness

in the 2nd half the talent rises to the top

as the good teams get serious

the canucks just need more talent

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

even if the team had remained healthy it would have had a dip in points earned

you cannot replace talent with hard work and fitness

in the 2nd half the talent rises to the top

as the good teams get serious

the canucks just need more talent

Canucks currently have a less than 1 % chance at making the playoffs according to odds makers.....

So...

[5b9e0a5165c727394886affb53a04a47_so-your/img]

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about, from now until the end of the year we play Jake and Goldy top nine minutes, PP, and in overtime?  Oh, and the coaches leave the two alone, and let the just play.  I wonder if our coaches point out every mistake the Twins, Gagner, and Eriksson make?  

That's a great idea Alfie.  I don't think it could get any worse really...

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about, from now until the end of the year we play Jake and Goldy top nine minutes, PP, and in overtime?  Oh, and the coaches leave the two alone, and let the just play.  I wonder if our coaches point out every mistake the Twins, Gagner, and Eriksson make?  

I feel a lot of these calls are salary based decisions. However in the end it’s these decisions that are just destroying these prospects. Goldobin has so much skill and Jake has the speed. They gotta let them play before they completely fade into the background and fizzle out.

I gotta admit that the Jets are looking real good now and should be good for the next few years. 

Their top 5 offensive players are: Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, and Connor. Size, speed, and skill. They have it all.

In comparison and assuming the best case, we have Horvat who is a do-it-all center who may one day be as productive as Scheifele offensively. Boeser is a sniper like Laine. But beyond those two, the only sure fire top 6 prospect is Pettersson. Lind and Dahlen have good chances but I wonder if they will be as good as say Ehlers or Connor. And, even if they do make it, we lack top flight speed offered by Ehlers and Connor. 

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Veterans need to start leading this team... otherwise we may miss the playoffs........

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Veterans need to start leading this team... otherwise we may miss the playoffs........

Lol were you really expecting them to make the playoffs.

very dark times.  This is like the last 2 years happening all over again.  It (might) be for the best, if the nucks can work their magic again and strike out with boeser pettersson like awesome pick, but this is sad.  

6 minutes ago, khay said:

I gotta admit that the Jets are looking real good now and should be good for the next few years. 

Their top 5 offensive players are: Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, and Connor. Size, speed, and skill. They have it all.

In comparison and assuming the best case, we have Horvat who is a do-it-all center who may one day be as productive as Scheifele offensively. Boeser is a sniper like Laine. But beyond those two, the only sure fire top 6 prospect is Pettersson. Lind and Dahlen have good chances but I wonder if they will be as good as say Ehlers or Connor. And, even if they do make it, we lack top flight speed offered by Ehlers and Connor. 

We don't need to be built like the Jets.  The Kings & Pens & Hawks have ruled the NHL for a long time and they're all different.  

Archived