The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Karlsson's son passes away

rekker

This all makes too much sense. Bryan Murray retires then Sens go the the conference final the season after and Mike Hoffman's name comes up in trade rumors. He doesn't end up traded and then Karlsson's name starts coming up. Then the story about supposed rifts with ownership. Then this. Why trade a 30 goal scorer on a good contract?

My guess is Karlsson went to management awhile back about the inhospitable situation happening between the "Hoffmans" and his wife or that Matt Hoffman is awful in the locker room. Bryan Murray doesn't wanna deal with that mess because let's face it, he's too old for that s#!+. He retires/steps down. They hire Guy Boucher a "sports psychologist" to see if he can help the situation in the dressing room. Maybe bring the team together. It works for a year. At season's end though, Karlsson tells management Hoffman still has to go and there is literally no way he can stay or sign a new contract as long as Hoffman is still a Senator. Especially with the issues with the wives. "How can you expect us to start a family in Ottawa when one of our main guy's wives is acting like a complete psychopath?!" Assuming something along those lines was said from Karlsson to Doiron and Melnyk. Who would blame him?! 

Another season passes with Hoffman in trade rumors and they still don't trade him. Whether they tried hard enough or all the GMs know the Sens are trying to get rid of him and are lowballing them or not, whose to say? Then with Karlsson's contract coming up, all of a sudden his name comes up in rumors. As it should. They almost pulled the trigger with Vegas. It may still happen even! Then news of a rift between Karlsson and ownership comes out. IMO, that was "leaked" by the Sens to make it look like Melnyk was the bad guy in this because Ottawa the city would believe that. Now we're at less than 2 weeks away from the draft and this situation pops up, which makes me wonder even more? Is Hoffman a cancer in the locker room and Karlsson told the brass to get rid of him? Does that lead to his wife finding out and going ballistic because they're going to have to eventually leave their home and Karlsson pointed the finger at Hoffman? I could see that happening too! Either way, all of this points to someone forcing the issue.

Karlsson doesn't even look at an extension offer unless Hoffman and his wife are gone and with the draft coming up, this is the best time to make something happen. Either way, it's coming to crunch time and something has to be done in the next 2 weeks or heads will roll. 

5 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Just like any other workplace environment. Not everyone can get along and girls will do nasty and crazy things to each other. Just because they make more money than the average person doesn’t mean their mental state is normal. 

My thoughts exactly. 

What a very sad and disgusting state of affairs. Good luck to Erik and Melinda, wherever they relocate to.

I would expect that there are just too many bad memories in Ottawa for them to remain there.

If the allegations are true than Hoffman’s next landing spot could be the KHL. 

Sens are a mess..

-Melynk pleading for a donor and a fan steps up to help out.

-Bryan Murray passes away.

-Melnyk returns to ungrateful form.

-Turris contract issues and traded.

-Karlsson picks up puck from last Sens home game, hinting it may be his last game with them.

-Alfredsson admits “off the record” that the Mayor and players would like a new owner for the team.

-AGM Lee gets arrested for harassing a hotel shuttle bus driver and will now miss draft due to court proceedings.

-News of the Hoffman fiancé harassing Mrs. Karlsson about the premature death of their son. 

It’s going to be a tough recovery for that franchise; can’t see no player wanting to go there unless it’s solely to keep an NHL job. 

9 hours ago, HI5 said:

Sens are a mess..

-Melynk pleading for a donor and a fan steps up to help out.

-Bryan Murray passes away.

-Melnyk returns to ungrateful form.

-Turris contract issues and traded.

-Karlsson picks up puck from last Sens home game, hinting it may be his last game with them.

-Alfredsson admits “off the record” that the Mayor and players would like a new owner for the team.

-AGM Lee gets arrested for harassing a hotel shuttle bus driver and will now miss draft due to court proceedings.

-News of the Hoffman fiancé harassing Mrs. Karlsson about the premature death of their son. 

It’s going to be a tough recovery for that franchise; can’t see no player wanting to go there unless it’s solely to keep an NHL job. 

And their arena is in the middle of nowhere.  Winters are tough there, and travel is not so easy as here.  

Nothing....….. has been proven yet.

However even if Hoffman's lady had nothing to do with it, it is still highly unlikely Hoff and Karlson are on the same team next year.

Why would Hoffman stay on a team where his lady was falsely accused, if that is the case? 

either way one or both are gone.

I still think Karlsson must have said something to the Sens brass to get Hoffman traded off the team due to to locker room issues or something like that. I mean, what's more likely? Hoffman's wife flying off the handle for no reason or did she unleash the 9 circles of hell because Karlsson was trying to make them leave?

Some poor kid is going to get drafted there in a couple weeks at number 4. Imagine Hoffman's psycho girlfriend driving the welcome wagon van........Welcome to Ottawa!......Can I meet your girlfriend?......What's your Twitter account? Do you need a place to stay? Man o man. What a mess. 

3 hours ago, gurn said:

However even if Hoffman's lady had nothing to do with it, it is still highly unlikely Hoff and Karlson are on the same team next year.

Why would Hoffman stay on a team where his lady was falsely accused, if that is the case? 

But but but the court of public opinion has spoken!

The 'evidence' is scant from what I can see but I'm sure we aren't getting everything. This seems like a where there's smoke there is fire scenario unfolding but since it's easy to be anonymous on the world wide web, like on a forum for instance, the harasser could be anyone at this point.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Proof? Facts? Hahaha! All you need these days is rumor and speculation for something to be "true".

30 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Things were all going well in Sens land a few seasons ago. Looks like the team is going to fall apart now...

If I were the GM, I'd trade both Hoffman and Eriksson ASAP. Gain some assets as rebuild using this draft.

What GM will trade for Hoffman now, considering the troubles his gf will bring into the team?  The guy has zero value.  They tried to trade him earlier this season, and there were no takers.  There is more going on with him and his gf than we are privy to.  

3 hours ago, gurn said:

The other wives are starting to speak up.... http://www.news1130.com/2018/06/13/sens-wives-behind-karlssons-allegations-harassment-threats/

9 hours ago, rekker said:

Some poor kid is going to get drafted there in a couple weeks at number 4. Imagine Hoffman's psycho girlfriend driving the welcome wagon van........Welcome to Ottawa!......Can I meet your girlfriend?......What's your Twitter account? Do you need a place to stay? Man o man. What a mess. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see anyone drafted refuse to report until this tire fire is extinguised.  Tkachuk is the logical choice at this slot and he could easily go back to the NCAA, as could Hughes.  Boqvist can play professionally in Sweden.  Could easily see them steal Bouchard or Dobson for the increased chance of the player actually reporting.

This isn't going to get any better until Ottawa gets a real owner.

Archived