Washington Capitals

Liam O’Brien

Winnipeg Jets

Marko Dano

Connor Hellebuyck

Adam Lowry

Brandon Tanev

Jacob Trouba

The deadline for Club-Elected Salary Arbitration notification is July 6, 2018 at 5 p.m. ET. Salary Arbitration hearings will be held in Toronto from July 20 to Aug. 4, 2018.

https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-15179/44-players-elect-salary-arbitration

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

What about Virtanen?

his stat line isnt exactly doing him any favors in his next contract...he probably feels hes better off not getting ripped to shreds by his team's management

27 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

He's not arbitration-eligible.

Winnipeg has roughly $27 million in cap space to cram new contracts for Lowry, Tanev, Trouba, Hellebuyck, and Morrissey. Good luck to them.

They also need to sign Dano and Poolman to get to 23 contracts. They won't be far off the cap after these signings and that is really going to hurt next year when they have to sign Wheeler, Laine, Connor and Myers. Someone is going to have to be moved.

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

They also need to sign Dano and Poolman to get to 23 contracts. They won't be far off the cap after these signings and that is really going to hurt next year when they have to sign Wheeler, Laine, Connor and Myers. Someone is going to have to be moved.

Hadn't seen how bad their cap problems were.  Yikes.  They essentially have to move out some contracts for futures (i.e. picks or prospects).

They can probably afford to move a forward or two as they have some good young players upcoming.  Roslovic could take over for Bryan Little in the near future and Little would be a very useful player for many teams.  Wheeler has been a fantastic player for the Jets but I could actually see them dealing him or walking away.  If Connor keeps his development trajectory, he may have quite the pay day and the Jets might have a hard time keeping him.

Not sure how their D prospect pool is but my guess is one of Trouba or Myers may be dealt.  My guess is Trouba but he is the younger of the 2 so there's a good chance that the Jets would prefer to keep him.

Lots of tough decisions for Jets management over the next year.

38 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

The infamous "first world problems."

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

He's not arbitration-eligible.

Winnipeg has roughly $27 million in cap space to cram new contracts for Lowry, Tanev, Trouba, Hellebuyck, and Morrissey. Good luck to them.

And also has to be smart for Laine the following year.

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Hadn't seen how bad their cap problems were.  Yikes.  They essentially have to move out some contracts for futures (i.e. picks or prospects).

They can probably afford to move a forward or two as they have some good young players upcoming.  Roslovic could take over for Bryan Little in the near future and Little would be a very useful player for many teams.  Wheeler has been a fantastic player for the Jets but I could actually see them dealing him or walking away.  If Connor keeps his development trajectory, he may have quite the pay day and the Jets might have a hard time keeping him.

Not sure how their D prospect pool is but my guess is one of Trouba or Myers may be dealt.  My guess is Trouba but he is the younger of the 2 so there's a good chance that the Jets would prefer to keep him.

Lots of tough decisions for Jets management over the next year.

i doubt they can move wheeler

he really is the heart of that team

would devastate them remaining players

wheeler has done everything possible to lead and help that team

they could/should move any other player ahead of him

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

TROY!

That's alright though, as I understand it filing for arbitration prevents an offer sheet. Stecher might have a decent case, but i can't see him getting more than 2.5-3m.

Yeah, I imagine Troy is starting to hear the dogs barking at his heals with all these offensive defensemen in the pipeline, Hughes even being considered for this year's roster, and a limited number of spots for small D. 

Troy is in tight with this contract negotiation too, imo. 

He made $925,000 each of the last two years (CapFriendly) and is up for a raise, but three times as much?  

Anyway, the arbitration contract, if it gets that far, will only be for one year. 

Management will have had even more time to evaluate the new prospects and determine which roster spots are for small defensemen.

Even though the arbitration may get him a contract at the "2.5-3m" you suggest, Troy might be interested in reducing salary in favour of an increased term, such as 2-3yrs for 2-2.5m.

And a longer term contract (with no NTC/NMC) would suit management as well, imo because if/when Hughes (+?) arrive, Troy could be moved for a decent return.

I think that if Troy wants to stay a Canuck long term, he is under the gun at the bargaining table and on the ice.

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont know see any way Stecher and his agent dont bring up Huttons deal to set the stage for his.

Good thing we have Pouliot just signed at 1.1. Same age and nearly identical NHL games and points

Archived