The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrej Sustr

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thanks for postin that pic, PB. Just woke up & scrambling for my mornin coffee. Now contemplating apocalypse/armageddon...

Hahahahahahaha! My pleasure, Nux. I was thinking to myself "I'm sure Nuxfanabroad is just dying to see Andrej Sustr's split face right about now".

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

He's definitely a guy who the Canucks should claim. Even if it's for a month. He's an upgrade on Biega/Del Zotto/Pouliot... and he's HUGE! Plus, with Edler out for maybe 2 months, we could use the extra d-man and let Brisebois go back to Utica to continue playing big minutes. You can easily rotate Biega/Del Zotto/Pouliot/Sustr around until people are back from injury and go from there.

Doubt this guy doesn't get claimed.

He is not an upgrade on Biega, and I don't think he is any better than MDZ or Pouliot.

However, we may need a body to fill in while injured players heal up. If we did get him he is barely a 6th D man.

2 hours ago, mephnick said:

Both Tampa and Anaheim fans agree this guy is a slow useless mess, but yeah I've heard the name before so let's pick him up!

- CDC 2018

That seals it for me. Would rather just get Bieksa back for one last year then, lol.

13 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

warning :

a minus player for 3 straight years on a stacked Tampa team that scores like no ones business. 

Tampa plays high event hockey tho, it didn’t mesh well with his style. Think more Andrew Alberts than Tryamkin if you want a comparison. And I think Alberts was severely under rated as a stay at home dman. I thought he had a good career here till concussion issues hit him. Guys like that are needed on this team. Another good foot soldier. 

I don’t doubt we put a claim on him, but some one below us in the standings may have as well. So we could get beaten to the punch. Unless my understanding of waiver claim priority is off (please tell me if I am).

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Tampa plays high event hockey tho, it didn’t mesh well with his style. Think more Andrew Alberts than Tryamkin if you want a comparison. And I think Alberts was severely under rated as a stay at home dman. I thought he had a good career here till concussion issues hit him. Guys like that are needed on this team. Another good foot soldier. 

I don’t doubt we put a claim on him, but some one below us in the standings may have as well. So we could get beaten to the punch. Unless my understanding of waiver claim priority is off (please tell me if I am).

He cleared waivers, so less interest than expected.

Waiver 'picking order' is the reverse standings from last season, so we pick 6th. This formula runs till 31st Oct.. Starting 1st Nov., it's reverse standings at the time of being waived.

Archived