The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Sutter looked really labored last game..he was trying but something is not right. He did a good job at PK though, and i am afraid if nux get in penalty trouble, this game may be a blow out. 

Not if Greener experiments with Petey and Jake as a pair.  Would be like the old days with Bure and Russ Courtnall - PP forwards were scared to cross our blue line in case they lost the puck to either of that pair

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I guess we have no choice.  Marky deserves a rest tonight.  What happens if Mikey gets ventilated?  Marky shouldn’t have to come in, right?  This one game could very well be a make it or break it game for Mikey.  

I say right now, that this is an absolutely STUPID move by Green.  

You're underestimating DiPietro's mental toughness and maturity.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jake is all about the neutral zone turnovers on the backcheck, imo.

Totally agree.  Jake is great at turning over and stealing pucks in the neutral zone.  When Hughes is here, those turnovers will become (very quickly) scoring chances.  Right now we don’t have a guy on D who can read the play, skate well enough, and have the elite skills to counter attack off Jake’s steals.  

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Roussel-Horvat-MacEwen
Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser
Goldobin-Granlund-Virtanen
Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

Tanev-Gudbranson
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Biega

DiPietro

Love the idea in putting Bo with Big Mac, looking forward to seeing how that line does and Dipietro making his debut. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess we have no choice.  Marky deserves a rest tonight.  What happens if Mikey gets ventilated?  Marky shouldn’t have to come in, right?  This one game could very well be a make it or break it game for Mikey.  

I say right now, that this is an absolutely STUPID move by Green.  

Maybe it's the only chance to get him into a home game. Demko returning for the road trip?

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jake is all about the neutral zone turnovers on the backcheck, imo.

You're right: he's been terrific this year at tracking down guys as well as intercepting passes.  Stone takes the puck off guys in the offensive zone more often... defensive too, though.  For some reason I think of Jake as a forechecker, but in fact he is more of a mid-ice guy, and more of a passer all the time too.  The guy is evolving.

Archived