The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Nucks 28/03/19 7pm -- Willie or Won't He?

xereau

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

There will always be exceptions to the norm, but I absolutely believe that it's way harder for Edmonton to attract UFAs than most other teams. Even being Canadian can turn players away. Having better tax conditions can be big. There will be a handful of big ticket UFAs this summer. I highly doubt they're telling their agents that Buffalo, Colombus or Winnipeg is where they want to play. It would be interesting to see players' 'limited no trade' lists. If you were granted a 4 team no trade option, who would you pick ?

Florida

Arizona

New jersey 

Carolina 

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Florida

Arizona

New jersey 

Carolina 

not in real life though. you're basing that on a fan's mindset, not a "this is my career and livelihood" mindset. 

I doubt florida, for example, is listed on a single no-trade list in the league. 

10 minutes ago, tas said:

not in real life though. you're basing that on a fan's mindset, not a "this is my career and livelihood" mindset. 

I doubt florida, for example, is listed on a single no-trade list in the league. 

Well im not a real life nhler no. Of vourse edmonton is going to be on a no fly zone on a CANUCKS FAN FORUM.

Also you dont think teams like to win cups? Florida hasn't won a playoff series since their cup final.

And if you we re a kid brought up in Finland or Sweden,  where Helsinki or Stockholm were your early exposure to a big city, Edmonton or Winnipeg would seem comparable, much more so than Columbus, Nashville, New Jersey or St Louis, or Florida.  Certainly Vancouver would be attractive from that standpoint, and as the team grows around Petey, BB, Bo and Quinn, look for Nordic UFA's inquiring about opportunities here.

(And as an aside, after a chance to compete for a cup, isn't term more important to these UFA's than another $1/2 million in their bank accounts?)

(Ofc a jump from, say, $1.8 to $2.3 would be much more significant than from, say $5.5 to $6.0)

29 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Florida

Arizona

New jersey 

Carolina 

Interesting ! Florida and Arizona would not be on my list. New Jersey perhaps. Carolina, I know nothing about. A 27 year old me would like to live in the California, NY, Boston type areas. Small city Canada and USA would be my no go areas. Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg and of course Toronto would probably be my list. (.....and yes they're all Canadian, but that's 27 year old me talking, not today me ! )

43 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Excited to see Quin's first game - No Pressure kid we're just hoping you're the next Bobby Orr::D

If he doesn’t meet my expectations and instead he becomes the next Brian leetch or something I’m gunna be so mad :angry:  

bobby orr or bust!

48 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Interesting ! Florida and Arizona would not be on my list. New Jersey perhaps. Carolina, I know nothing about. A 27 year old me would like to live in the California, NY, Boston type areas. Small city Canada and USA would be my no go areas. Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg and of course Toronto would probably be my list. (.....and yes they're all Canadian, but that's 27 year old me talking, not today me ! )

My list is solely based on me being a cup deprived vancouver fan. 

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Is he confirmed?

May as well be. 

- Green previously said he would like to play him Thursday but he wasn't yet cleared by medical team (which he now has been)

- He was moved from the extras squad to 3rd pairing with Schnenn earlier this week

19 hours ago, Odd. said:

How the &^@# do we have more losses than Buffalo.

Jesus

Because we are by far the worse team in the league? We have been bad for about like 7 straight seasons yet we are still expected to be patient. From 2011 to a sunken ship.

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Because we are by far the worse team in the league? We have been bad for about like 7 straight seasons yet we are still expected to be patient. From 2011 to a sunken ship.

2011?

2012....1st in the league during regular season.  The puke Duncan Keith gives a Randy Macho Man flying elbow to Daniel near the end of that regular season.

2013.....tied for 7th in the league during the regular season (ship is taking in water but still floating)

THEN we hit the iceberg.

2 hours ago, tas said:

I do think the current state of the US plays a part in decisions too, especially for Euros.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I do think the current state of the US plays a part in decisions too, especially for Euros.

Used to be a lot of them cared more about winning the Worlds Championships than the Stanley Cup.  Plus other than some bonus money, their salaries stop when the regular season ends (owners really roll in the dough with playoff revenues).

Archived