The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin said he watched the Canucks game last night.

CanuckGAME

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I read it from a translated Russian interview last yr. 

Here it is:

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/02/the-likelihood-of-nikita-tryamkin-returning-to-the-vancouver-canucks-according-to-nikita-tryamkin/

"Tryamkin wasn’t just happy with his own deployment, but also that of fellow Russian Nikolay Goldobin, as he says “I’m certainly not a coach, but, in my opinion, Kolya (Goldobin) should be allowed to play. He is small, brisk, his hands are in order, and he knows how to score goals. In the first match [he] scored, and after that he was [benched for]. So what is this? Where is the logic?…He scores in Edmonton in the last game…he is again saddled. If a person does not play, how will he grow up? How do you understand that he can play?”"

I think Green has given Goldobin far more opportunity than what Desjardins did.

How do you bench a guy after his first NHL goal..  there was a carrot to dangle in that situation..

instead he got pine to sit on.

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Byram has the shot if you seen him play in WHL. 

He has 26 goals as a defenseman. Guy has a shot. 

I swear if we get Byram and hell even Tryamkin comes after NEXT season (contract ends next season so I would assume he comes the season after), our defense is set, like literally set.

Set like 

Hughes-Karlsson

Bryam-Stecher

Juolevi-Tryamkin 

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

interesting, I remember Pronger being one of the most feared physical d of this time. If that was the message Nik took from the video's I think its very understandable that he decided to take a break from Willie. I don't have the quote at hand but do recall that video session being mentioned in one of Niks interviews once he left. I think Willie mismanaged the situation but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree as it matters little now.

And as you point out there were a lot of other reasons as well. 

But there's a new window now if he does want an NHL career. 

He was feared because he'd break his stick over you and punish anyone in front of the net. Not so much for his fists.  He was &^@#ing brutal within the whistles on people. 

5 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Is anybody else concerned about too many left shooting defensemen?

Right now the only problem with the current number of lefties; Pouliot is not currently drawing in? :lol:

We could lose Sautner. Brisbois has a ways to go before he is waivers eligible. Same goes for Juolevi, even longer I believe?  

All they have to do to play is beat Hutton out of a job. 

If Edler signs somewhere else? We're actually suddenly pretty weak.  

Barring Tryamkin or Juolevi not just arriving, but showing up in style!

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Adding Hughes, Tryamkin and potentially Byram would make this defence much better. But we’re still missing a defenceman that has ‘the shot’ from the point.

Does Jet Woo have a shot?

11 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Is anybody else concerned about too many left shooting defensemen?

Nope.

Tryamkin plays RD predominately, but can play both sides.

We have had a 2nd pairing this year of Pouliot-Biega...

I think having too many D is pretty far down the list of our problems...

18 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

If Tryamkin doesn't hurry back he'll find we have no D openings left for him even if he wanted to return.

Him leaving was a bad move for his career imo. I understand the underlying issues. But, teams dont just wait for you to have a change of heart, they start planning on their future and other players are trying to damndest to make the nhl. Might pass you on the depth chart. 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Adding Hughes, Tryamkin and potentially Byram would make this defence much better. But we’re still missing a defenceman that has ‘the shot’ from the point.

Give Try a summer training with Petey teaching him everything he taught himself and he could turn Try's shot into Chara's.

8 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Him leaving was a bad move for his career imo. I understand the underlying issues. But, teams dont just wait for you to have a change of heart, they start planning on their future and other players are trying to damndest to make the nhl. Might pass you on the depth chart. 

Other than Stecher and Woo we have nothing on the right side who will pass Tryamkin.  The cupboard is bare.  Tanev should not be in our future plans.  Either trade him in the summer or let him play out another 50-60 game campaign and trade him at the deadline.  Schenn is a solid 3rd pairing guy who I hope will re-sign for 2 years.  Woo probably isn't ready yet so we have Schenn until Woo is ready.  That still leaves a huge opening on the right side.  And no I'm not comfortable playing Hughes on the right side as some suggest, he's obviously more comfortable on the left.

So other than acquiring a RHD via trade or free agency there is room for Tryamkin on this team next year.

53 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Not really, It didn't hurt Kovalchuk.  He got paid.  And then he got screwed when WD took over LA lol!  But he still gets paid.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, CanuckGAME said:

With the tools Tryamkin brings to this team, you have to leave the past in your rearview mirror.  

Not like this organization treated him the greatest as well.  Sitting him in a room watching Pronger highlights is a pretty strange move.

I can understand if they threw together a montage of guys like Pronger, Chara and Robinson to show how all-time great big guys angled, stick-checked, contained forwards, etc.

But if they sat him down and showed a montage of Pronger hurting people with hits, cross-checks, cheap play, etc. you have to wonder what the hell they were thinking. Did they sit him down in a chair, ala "A Clockwork Orange", lol?

latest?cb=20150807102734

who said they sat him down to watch pronger hits. it kinda seems far fetched. some of you are saying the Canucks treated him bad and yet I have not heard any proof of it. . all I have heard is how he wanted his own way and since he never got it he took his stick and went home. someone should ask Bo if Tram was mistreated. Bo seemed to treat him ok.  anyways if he comes back , he needs to know he will not be treated any different that the rest.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, CanuckGAME said:

giphy.gif

Honestly.  Adding Hughes and Tryamkin and losing the dead weight on the back end now.  This would be HUGE for us. Nikita is a HUGE piece to this puzzle.

Tryamkins Instagram constantly gets bombarded with Canucks comments and this is the 1st time I've seen him acknowledging one haha.

Screenshot_20190329-080811_Instagram.jpg

My wife thinks i listen to all of what she says, and I respond with non-comittal answers because i know that.....

.....whatever shes saying gets changed to whatever suits her mood at certain times, video taped or not. 

58 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Not really, It didn't hurt Kovalchuk.  He got paid.  And then he got screwed when WD took over LA lol!  But he still gets paid.

My argument to that would be that Kovy was already an established player at that point. Tram although he looked like he had a lot of potential, never came close to a Kovy impact. 

Unless Canucks pick Byram 3nd in draft, I can’t see him being around for Canucks to draft, he’ll be gone.

But miracles do happen we got Quinn at 7......but I do think it’ll take a miracle... and yes,..wins now do matter on who we are Able to draft.....or you can believe wins this late in this season are good for young players who have a decade or more of hockey still to play.

Archived