The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Pettersson and Boeser chemistry, and 2 moves we can make this summer to help us contend next season

Man I love these videos, and the best thing about our new young stars is they're not just great young players, they're great young men. 

Few funny parts from this clip:

"Our son played hockey with Virtanen". Brock replies with oh, I'm sorry LOL

Brock saying Petey sucks at hockey and Petey replies with said no one ever hahaha 

My favorite part though. Them both calling Bo cap. There's no ego in these young guys, they all know their place and they're such a tight group. Bo, Brock, Petey, Thatcher, and Quinn are going to be a very good core for us moving forward. I really love the team Benning has built, I think they have the potential to be better than the 2011 Canucks in a few years.

The rebuild is basically done, now we just need to watch it unfold.

#1C - Pettersson

#1D - Hughes

#2C - Horvat

Scoring winger - Boeser

G - Demko/DiPietro

We have a good solid core of young players, now we just continue to add to the prospect pool and watch these kids develop. It's their team now, and I think we have a chance to actually make some noise next year. If we manage to land Panarin and talk Tryamkin to come back we might just win the Pacific as soon as next year. Now that's a long shot, but it just goes to show you how close we are to being a contender again. We could realistically turn things around this summer, if not no big deal. We have enough to contend for a playoff spot now, especially with Hughes on the PP for the full season, but a move or 2 like Panarin and Tryamkin could actually really turn things around in a hurry for us!

Panarin Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi/Lievo Gaudette Sutter

Rousell Beagle Eriksson/Granlund

Edler Tanev

Hughes Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

Hutton 

Markstrom

Demko

That first line would be lethal, Virtanen is about to break out, and that Hughes+Tryamkin pairing could become our future top pairing of the next decade+. If Demko could give us Canuck fans a rookie season like Murray, Vasilevsky, and Binnington has given their teams I think even a Stanley cup run wouldn't even be out of the question next year, but a lot of pieces would have to fall into place, so don't go betting your savings on it. It is exciting to think we are that close to turning a corner then. 

We might just finish our rebuild quicker than the Oilers finish theirs, and they have a 10 years and 5 1st OA pick head start!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

The rebuild is far from done. I was listening to Botchford and he did make some points how The Canucks need to execute the off season perfectly and he does have a point.

He highlighted that the team around Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, and Petterson are just not good enough and there are too many similar bottom 6 grinders in the team.

33 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Canucks:  Miss the playoffs for 4 straight years.

Fans:  The rebuild is done!

But the OP says we are getting Panarin rebuild done,  parade mic drop. 

Give him credit for the positivity, even if it’s border line delusional.  And I must say I prefer seeing those three guys then reading more posts about how we can get Hughes bros and what that would cost (Raymond, Ballard and a third). 

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

The rebuild is far from done. I was listening to Botchford and he did make some points how The Canucks need to execute the off season perfectly and he does have a point.

He highlighted that the team around Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, and Petterson are just not good enough and there are too many similar bottom 6 grinders in the team.

Is that you Botch?

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Botchford is preaching to the choir. CDCers have noted that the 'missing pieces' are all top end pieces. #1 LD, #1 RD, #1 LW. If you ignore the constant whine of the eternally negative CDCers, consensus is that the foot soldiers of our team are pretty well taken care of ! A little tweeking will always be in the works, but three, maybe four, big pieces need to be added!

4 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Botchford is preaching to the choir. CDCers have noted that the 'missing pieces' are all top end pieces. #1 LD, #1 RD, #1 LW. If you ignore the constant whine of the eternally negative CDCers, consensus is that the foot soldiers of our team are pretty well taken care of ! A little tweeking will always be in the works, but three, maybe four, big pieces need to be added!

What’s Hughes if he’s not a number one D?  

For the rebuild to be done this team needs no less than Lind, Gaudette, Woo, Brisebois, Demko, Dipietro and Juolevi to all make massive strides next year while ensuring we retain Boeser for no more than $6.5 million AND finding a minimum of 2 NHL quality players in both of the next 2 drafts while intriducing depth to Utica every year for the next few seasons to supplement the big club.

So no, we're not done rebuilding but we're finally on our way.  This is the first time I have seen the team at this stage of a series of low years NOT trade youth and futures for right now and it's nice to see.

So rebuild, not done

Contend......:lol:.

The only thing this team will contend for is another lottery let down. 

Jimmie better hope his goaltender can save his job again next season.pretty sure it’s the only reason he’s working right now. 

With out markstroms ridiculous (career year .you know why they call it that right.) play we would be picking top 5. 

6 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Im willing to bet Panarin gets near Mcjesus money. What does that tell to BB EP and Hughes?

Not much tbh... the guys know it's just the way FA works. (ex. Horvat signing for $5.5M while Eriksdone was already making $6M)

My thought is this:

1) Forwards:  By the end of this summer, the goal for Vancouver should be to have their forward lines completely built and set for both the short term and long term.

A) A top line LW’er via Panarin, Duchene, or Skinner).

B-) A 2nd line RW’er via Dzingel, Connolly, or a promotion of Adam Gaudette.

2) Defense:  Hypertarget defensemen drafting and University recruiting.

The Canucks aren’t close to being a contender yet, or even close to finishing their rebuild, but I do think they are two forwards away from having their forward lines completely built (top line LW + 2nd line RW).  The Canucks have the cap space to make this a reality by the end of this summer imo.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For the rebuild to be done this team needs no less than Lind, Gaudette, Woo, Brisebois, Demko, Dipietro and Juolevi to all make massive strides next year while ensuring we retain Boeser for no more than $6.5 million AND finding a minimum of 2 NHL quality players in both of the next 2 drafts while intriducing depth to Utica every year for the next few seasons to supplement the big club.

So no, we're not done rebuilding but we're finally on our way.  This is the first time I have seen the team at this stage of a series of low years NOT trade youth and futures for right now and it's nice to see.

So rebuild, not done

I agree with you and Thorn. Not only are pieces still needed but developing the team with those pieces will take time. While I think the Canucks can make the playoffs next year all the other teams are improving as well. I still think it is another 3 years before the club can be serious CUP contenders. As you rightly point out the existing depth have to all progress faster than should be expected for the Canucks to do any damage next year. Next year will be another development year. 

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

Botchford is right in this.  We lack enough high end talent, and we don't have any coming.

We need to clear away the "flotsam and jetsam" as they put it on 1040.

Sutter, Eriksson, Schaller, Granlund, Goldobin, Biega, Spooner, Pouliot are all guys you should try to trade away for picks and prospects... or in packages for better players.  IF none of those guys were on our team next year we should be happy.  They are all easily replaceable.  Virtanen, Hutton, and Tanev could also be moved for higher end young talent,

If you can turn any combination of those guys into a top 6 winger and/or a top 4 RD with a point shot... we are way ahead on the deal.  Our picks after this year should be in play as long as we are getting a young, club controlled guy for the top half of our roster in return.

Add in a couple of the best UFAs who will agree to come here and we actually have a chance to move in the right direction without just praying and hoping all our players have career years, don't get hurt, and our goaltending can be great.

Archived