The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benn Wants out of Dallas

Benn is one of my favourite players so My judgement might be a little foggy :lol:

i see this is a cap dump thing for dallas. They’re gonna be in on karlsson, there’s permanent bad blood and they might wanna turn the page on the benn regime 

noooooo way would I deal horvat. Not even in a one for one 

Hanzal has been a disaster for Dallas and has 1 year left on his deal at 4.75m so if we could take that off their hands it would water down the asking price 

To dal: gaudette, goldobin, hutton, 1st pick 2020 (top 10 protected) 

to van: benn, hanzal

benn has a 9.5m cap hit for 6 more years and is coming off a 63 point year. His value is not that high and if it is then I’m out on acquiring him 

19 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

There is no way this works for the Canucks unless Eriksson goes the other way with the full cap hit

Eriksson literally will cost next to nothing for Dallas - his cap hit goes to the books, but his actual salary is pretty low. Furthermore, Eriksson has a history in Dallas and has a history of producing.

That being said, I don't actually believe Benn for Eriksson would be a good deal for Dallas. That's a rip off lol.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, billabong said:

Benn is one of my favourite players so My judgement might be a little foggy :lol:

i see this is a cap dump thing for dallas. They’re gonna be in on karlsson, there’s permanent bad blood and they might wanna turn the page on the benn regime 

noooooo way would I deal horvat. Not even in a one for one 

Hanzal has been a disaster for Dallas and has 1 year left on his deal at 4.75m so if we could take that off their hands it would water down the asking price 

To dal: gaudette, goldobin, hutton, 1st pick 2020 (top 10 protected) 

to van: benn, hanzal

benn has a 9.5m cap hit for 6 more years and is coming off a 63 point year. His value is not that high and if it is then I’m out on acquiring him 

He actually only scored 53 points last year. Not so hot for $9.5M.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

He actually only scored 53 points last year. Not so hot for $9.5M.

It was a bad year for him... and most of the Dallas roster.

The year before that he scored 36 goals and 79 points.  He is a PPG player consistently.  I take the risk it was an off year any day.

A PPG top line LW who plays physical hockey... if you asked Benning his exact wish list it would be that and a RD with a point shot.

Folks can argue about the price, but if anyone says they don’t want Benn as a player, even at that contract, they have been huffing too much glue.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

I would be down to get him, though as others mentioned it depends on the price.

Benning seems like the type to jump on buy-low deals and if this is one I could see something happen.

Agreed with 10th overall, Jake (really hasn't shown much at this point) and Eriksson (cap return) as a starting point, maybe one more asset if needed (Baertschi?).  
Between Heiskanen, Lindell and Oleksiak though, I don't see them needing an unproven Juolevi on their left side D.    

i think boeser would have to be going the other way. i never works out that the other team takes what we want to give. would you trade pettersson for a couple of unproven players or players on the down side of their careers? would you trafe petey for virtanen and juolevi or louie and sutter? 

40 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lots here hated Benn for bad-mouthing the twins. If you posted that way & now entertain this notion..ain't that a touch hypocritical?

Benn was a piece of manure then & he’s a piece of manure now.  He can still go ***** himself from my point of view.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

That’s an enormous salary for the next 6 years at which time he’ll be 36.  Not sure how to fit that in.  Louie, Sutter, Goldie +/- other moving parts.  

This is a good deal for Dallas. 

42 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Eriksson literally will cost next to nothing for Dallas - his cap hit goes to the books, but his actual salary is pretty low. Furthermore, Eriksson has a history in Dallas and has a history of producing.

That being said, I don't actually believe Benn for Eriksson would be a good deal for Dallas. That's a rip off lol.

I agree that would be a rip for Dallas but you gotta think he’d have to be one of the pieces going that way for it to make any sense from a Canucks stand point