The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

MacIntyre was in goal for one goal, why does he have a 3.19 GAA?

Did they lump DiPietro's goals in?

It's averaged over 60 minutes - looks like he played just under 19 minutes. 

GAA is goals allowed / minutes played x 60

1 minute ago, mll said:

It's averaged over 60 minutes - looks like he played just under 19 minutes. 

GAA is goals allowed / minutes played x 60

this guy, says the same thing as me, only backwards

just like his user name

wink

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd like to see Gaudette on Sutters wing to start the year. Give Gaudette experience with an established 3C and let him grow into it. 

That Miller-Horvat chemistry was the best part of last night. If thats a real thing that could be a great 2nd line. 

As the type of player he is, I think Gaudette would benefit/ learn/ play better on the line alongside Miller + Horvat.

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

My annual bitching about preseason is overdue

Preseason games are a waste. All these players that aren't close to making team. Fans getting overcharged for underwhelming games.

Bring on the real season.

Yeah, I want the real season too.  But this is at least a reasonable facsimile of hockey, isn't it?  The line-up tonight looks interesting and as the pre-season progresses it tends to be more and more like real hockey.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

and that was favourite line for Petey.  I loved Jake on that line and I feel Boeser is better with Horvat........I'm one of the outcasts who doesn't think the Petey-Boes combo is out of this world.

I am of the mindset Boeser looked better with Horvat. But my dreams of Jake ever getting meaningful top 6 looks has died so I pretty much glue Petey and Boeser together. Since Horvat can literally play with anyone. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

and that was favourite line for Petey.  I loved Jake on that line and I feel Boeser is better with Horvat........I'm one of the outcasts who doesn't think the Petey-Boes combo is out of this world.

I am with you on the Petey-Boes combo I really liked the chemistry of Bo-Boes before that. I could see JT and Petey working together as well. Hopefully we get to see different combinations to see what will work.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am of the mindset Boeser looked better with Horvat. But my dreams of Jake ever getting meaningful top 6 looks has died so I pretty much glue Petey and Boeser together. Since Horvat can literally play with anyone. 

He’s never had a consistent line mate. Yet perennial 20 goal scorer and just scratching 60 points. If he gets a full year from Miller and Pearson/ Leivo/ Baertschi we could see 70+ easy. 

Just now, Camel Toe Drag said:

He’s never had a consistent line mate. Yet perennial 20 goal scorer and just scratching 60 points. If he gets a full year from Miller and Pearson/ Leivo/ Baertschi we could see 70+ easy. 

Yeah Bo is a beast. Miller and Bo could be a really, really good combo. Miller has some playmaking prowess and Bo is just a beast. I don't think people should sleep on Miller having a big year point wise. I could see him dropping 50+ if healthy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe it was the celebratory hotdog he had after last night's game ;)  jk

I actually don't mind Jake playing in a bottom-6 role.  While it would be nice to see Jake get top-6 opportunities, he does seem to generally do better on turnovers off the rush.  If Sutter stays healthy, then I could see Jake doing well with him as they are both good defensively and both seem to produce more in transition than through sustained plays in the offensive zone.  To me, it might be Jake and Leivo fighting it out on the RW depth chart right now.

43 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

As the type of player he is, I think Gaudette would benefit/ learn/ play better on the line alongside Miller + Horvat.

hmmm... I don't know that Green would do that given all the other veteran options. But you could be right. 

46 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Gaudette needs to be in Utica playing big mins and learning how to be a cman at the pro level.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I actually don't mind Jake playing in a bottom-6 role.  While it would be nice to see Jake get top-6 opportunities, he does seem to generally do better on turnovers off the rush.  If Sutter stays healthy, then I could see Jake doing well with him as they are both good defensively and both seem to produce more in transition than through sustained plays in the offensive zone.  To me, it might be Jake and Leivo fighting it out on the RW depth chart right now.

sorry, Jakes not battling for a spot any more than any other established vet.

• Upvote 1