The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How is Eriksson Not Waived?

Rate this topic

Provost

On 11/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, mll said:

Eriksson is represented by JP Barry of CAA.  They are one if not the most powerful agency - Puckpedia has them with the highest overall value of contracts.  Benning might simply not want to get in a dispute with them - not worth it for a 13th F.   Agents also influence their clients in free agency.

Didn't hear the segment but some have posted that Dhaliwal says it's Benning that wants to keep Eriksson while Green would prefer him in Utica.  

in the world of sports, it's up to the player to maintain his level of play.  JP Barry does his best to get the most for his client, at the same time he should be aware players placed on waivers is also part of business.  HIs job is already done anyways, when he got Ericksson to a 6.5 million dollar contract.  He needs to respect our team if we decide to waive Louis Ericksson, and even so, he will still get paid the same amount so I'm not sure where is the dispute as it's our decision to waive Ericsson or not.   JP Barry is no idiot, Ericksson has been playing like crap, and he should be aware of it.  

3 hours ago, smokes said:

He has already shown he's bitter with his icetime in the off season. He's played like he doesn't care anymore. The games he has played in looks like he is just showing up for a paycheck. Most players, when they come off the press box has an extra step in their game to show that they belong. Has Eriksson done that?  And that's with him still in the NHL. If he gets to the AHL, I just don't see him working his but off to get back into the NHL. Now if you are a young player seeing a six million dollar player floating around you don't think that it's going to cause an affect?

He hasn't complained beyond his not seeing eye to eye comment in the offseason. The young guys seem to be putting out a full effort regardless of what you perceive of LE's effort. Think whatever you want about LE, I'm not arguing about this over and over, but there seems to be no effect on him amongst our young players. Our young players don't seem to be as impressionable as you make them seem. They know what they need to learn and can decide for themselves what's of value or not.

EP was actually welcomed to the Eriksson home and it looks like EP is doing just fine and not sucked into some poison vortex that is being portrayed and turning him into a garbage player.

• Cheers 4

On 11/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, smokes said:

Yeah, No. The pairing of Edler and Myers is one of the best defensive combo I have seen in Vancouver in a long time. THat and he plays an entirely different role to Eriksson so you can't really compare. One is defence and the other is a forward. Also if you were an opponent who is thinking of running Boeser or Petey, who would make you reconsider Eriksson or Myers. 

I wish I could figure out how to add videos (ha ha ask my kids maybe), everytime Big Bert fan adds something to his posts whining about how Myers is “garbage” id like to add him shoving Gio to my replies.  Agreed whole heartedly.  As far as his offense goes / he’s the guy battling on the boards to get possession back - and passes it off to Edler who’s waiting on the other side in the open...then he skates with it for a bit or just passes it up and ends up with a third assist.   I’m not counting but I’ve seen it happen multiple times...

• Cheers 1

On 11/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Not happening.  No way he pulls a Berglund and gives up millions of dollars.  Berglund had serious personal problems that were compounded by being butt-hurt that his old NHL club traded him away the way that they did.

Loui.PNG.1cc29ec3677221a967340158393af37a.PNG

He could well retire next summer, immediately after that bonus is paid. Then he is only leaving 4 million on the table over two years, after making 32 million in 4 years. 

• Cheers 1

Well it looks like the rubber really hits the road in the next week to ten days.  Sutter, Ferland, and Roussel all scheduled to return in that time frame.

Pearson-Petterson-Boeser

Ferland-Horvat-Miller

Roussel-Gaudette-Sutter

Leivo-Beagle-Virtanen 

Schaller

(lines subject to adjustment as always)

Who stays for the final forward spot?  Baertschi, Eriksson, MacEwan, Graovac?  Can they even fit a 23 man roster under the cap (it doesn’t seem so) or will they only carry 22 to save the extra million... and have to send all these extras down?

Maybe we see Baertschi moved out this week to help accommodate it.

Edited by Provost

On 11/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, smithers joe said:

what is left to discuss?  the topic has been beat to death. no one brings up anything new. they just regurgitate the same old argument. if someone had new info, like the owners, the gm or the coach is making the others keep louie. this has nothing to do with fans opinion but rather the management who are opting to keep him. where is the answer, with the fans or the canucks? answer me that.

So then don't read the thread like the other poster already said.  :frantic:

PS: I am really looking forward to Loui getting waived at this point. Well beyond when it should have happened. ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

One thing I would like to see with that extra LE spot on the 4th line is a Utility Two Way fourth liner. Actually a defenseman turned winger. A fourth liner who can move back to defense when there is an injury.

We're not developing one now but I think we should. Convert one of our most promising prospects.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

One thing I would like to see with that extra LE spot on the 4th line is a Utility Two Way fourth liner. Actually a defenseman turned winger. A fourth liner who can move back to defense when there is an injury.

We're not developing one now but I think we should. Convert one of our most promising prospects.

That's a damn good idea. You're thinking outside the quadrangle again.

It’s absolutely incredible people can be like this on Eriksson yet Myers has actually been worse for us this year at the same price. I can pin point ten plays where he has single handedly wrecked the play causing goals, or defeats and can you name even two good shifts the guy had haf this year which have effected us in a way where we won?

four assists zero goals, how many give seats missed nets (with shots) and slug like play does he need to make before he’s waived? 

This isnt even about me being right iwas hoping I’d be wrong when I warned everyone as if watched the guy play 300 times in buffalo and Kelowna mixed he’s fell off a cliff since his rookie year.

hes literally one of the lowest producing players in the league. There’s players in this league making only 20 percent of what he makes outplaying him.

six million ladies and gentlemen.

any time I see Eriksson bashing posts yet people don’t bash Myers it’s absolute hypocrisy 

• Wat 8

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

It’s absolutely incredible people can be like this on Eriksson yet Myers has actually been worse for us this year at the same price. I can pin point ten plays where he has single handedly wrecked the play causing goals, or defeats and can you name even two good shifts the guy had haf this year which have effected us in a way where we won?

four assists zero goals, how many give seats missed nets (with shots) and slug like play does he need to make before he’s waived? 

This isnt even about me being right iwas hoping I’d be wrong when I warned everyone as if watched the guy play 300 times in buffalo and Kelowna mixed he’s fell off a cliff since his rookie year.

hes literally one of the lowest producing players in the league. There’s players in this league making only 20 percent of what he makes outplaying him.

any time I see Eriksson bashing posts yet people don’t bash Myers it’s absolute hypocrisy 

Myers isn't worse than Eriksson, seriously pull your head out of your ass...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Myers isn't worse than Eriksson, seriously pull your head out of your ass...

Maybe It was an exaggeration but it’s really not that far off. If you think myers is even playing good enough to be average you are the one who hasn’t watched him especially the last dozen games. Horrific. I can tell people want to like him and want to believe he’s just a great added piece, believe me it would be great but nothing he’s done since his rookie season has been great. And he’s done nothing GOOD this year in the big picture. My god Hutton and Gudbranson bve. Goal Already playing on their low life teams.

he never hits the net his plus minus in the last two weeks has gone to high hell, he always gives it away. And relies on his reach which can be effective but also makes him chest and proves to be a liability.

id be saying this if he was at 2-3 million, the fact he’s at six more then Mackinnon makess me nauseous. Oh ok that’s an old contract for mack so how about we look at two recent d contracts who were signed At similar times. Mcavoy and Werenski both just signed for less then 6 each. Ya.... Unreal man.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1

17 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Eriksson is literally the lowest producing player in the entire NHL.

Zero goals, zero assists, zero points, 14 games.

One hit.

You just can't do any worse than that.

And I don't hate Eriksson, but you destroy your own argument by making it.  Eriksson has zero total points, as a forward.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

On 11/26/2019 at 7:36 AM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Right, I forgot that point production was the only measuring stick used to determine a defencemans value nowadays.....Yeesh.

• Cheers 3

Now that Eriksson has broken out and finally scored "A Goal" this year and has become a "Serious threat", I think we should sign him to another five year extension before teams are banging down our door to grab him !   What do ya think Jim ?   Better move quick......

Edited by RU SERIOUS

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Now that Eriksson has broken out and finally scored "A Goal" this year and has become a "Serious threat", I think we should sign him to another five year extension before teams are banging down our door to grab him !   What do ya think Jim ?   Better move quick......

Haha hey now, it wasn’t just a goal, it was a full game where he looked like a great 2 way player.  

I’m happy for Louie :)

On 11/25/2019 at 12:04 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

So then don't read the thread like the other poster already said.  :frantic:

PS: I am really looking forward to Loui getting waived at this point. Well beyond when it should have happened. ::D

Great Post and I agree - Loui's time is up .

Following tonight's 2 penalties by him that allowed the oilers to beat us 3-2, this marks the 5th game this season that Erikson's sub-par performance has had a direct impact causing a loss for the team.  When will J.B. doing something - anything?