The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

They are absolutely grooming him to replace Demko as back up.  Expect it after next year at the latest as long as DiPietro keeps his current development curve.

If we manage to sign Markstrom, then we probably try to move Demko to recover pucks or shed cap space.  Then we sign a cheap veteran to a 1-2 year contract this summer.  We need a signed goalie to expose in expansion.

DiPietro competes for the back up spot in training camp with that veteran... loser goes to Utica.

If we can’t manage to move Demko, then we just accept he is who we lose in expansion and DiPietro comes up and fills the hole anyways.

The Prophet has spoken.

Are you and Alfie into the hootch already?

4D05AF2B-5772-4A94-881F-FDFF6719E89A.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Provost said:

They are absolutely grooming him to replace Demko as back up.  Expect it after next year at the latest as long as DiPietro keeps his current development curve.

If we manage to sign Markstrom, then we probably try to move Demko to recover pucks or shed cap space.  Then we sign a cheap veteran to a 1-2 year contract this summer.  We need a signed goalie to expose in expansion.

DiPietro competes for the back up spot in training camp with that veteran... loser goes to Utica.

If we can’t manage to move Demko, then we just accept he is who we lose in expansion and DiPietro comes up and fills the hole anyways.

The Prophet has spoken.

And you think thats going to happen before those other guys? Again, unlikely.

On the DiPietro topic, I personally trade him and give Seattle incentive so we retain Marky and Demko.  That is our best option.  To be honest offering DiPietro to Seattle May be our best option.

on the Lias Anderson topic I’m happy to hear he is back playing and getting support from

the fans there.  I hope that he gets himself all sorted out and makes a return when he’s ready.  I kind of feel that NY will keep him knowing that his trade demands etc could be tied to his mental health situation.  They may just support him until he is ready.  Will be interesting to see.

20 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

And you think thats going to happen before those other guys? Again, unlikely.

Benning said the super 7 will be in the NHL within 2 to 3 years. You think we will have both demko and marky in 3 years? Definitely unlikely!

35 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Benning said the super 7 will be in the NHL within 2 to 3 years. You think we will have both demko and marky in 3 years? Definitely unlikely!

That’s not what was being discussed, it was who “suits up” next.

2 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

That’s not what was being discussed, it was who “suits up” next.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:54 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

The prophet has returned!  

Okay question for you....  who do you think are the 7 young players that Benning foresees (and mentioned during press conference) joining our big club within the next two years.  It's safe to assume that he's not counting any of the young guys that are up with the team right now.  

For bonus points, order them in the likelihood of seeing them suit up for us in the NHL. 

We were talking about Benning's super 7. 

22 minutes ago, coryberg said:

We were talking about Benning's super 7. 

And the post you quoted said "order of prospects next suiting up", hence Podkolzin being at the bottom despite being our #1 prospect, and thet DiPietro is a goalie so likely wasn't even included in that list.

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

And the post you quoted said "order of prospects next suiting up", hence Podkolzin being at the bottom despite being our #1 prospect, and thet DiPietro is a goalie so likely wasn't even included in that list.

The post I quoted was responding to vancouverhabitants question of who is in the super 7 and as a bonus question order them in the likelihood of seeing them suit up for us in the NHL.

You obviously dont think DiPietro is in his super 7 and that is your opinion. Let's move on.

• 3 months later...

Lias Andersson has also just declined to come to camp for the Rangers for the playoffs.

His price would certainly be at an all-time low, a middle of the pack prospect or a 3rd rounder probably gets it done at this point. I would imagine that Petterson has the goods on whether you want the guy or not.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-rangers-lias-andersson-staying-sweden-nhl-returns/

New York is also a team that could use Brandon Sutter as a stabilizing 3rd/4th line centre.  I would honestly do Juolevi and Sutter for Andersson and a pick (If Petterson has positive input for him).  I haven't given up on Juolevi at all, but he isn't THAT much more likely to be an impact player than Andersson... and we can drop a significant cap hit which helps us immensely.

If Andersson worked out after a year in the minors/Europe and earned an NHL roster spot, you can easily move Gaudette to the wing.  Andersson would be better suited to taking defensive duties as well as helping provide some offence and energy.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Lias Andersson has also just declined to come to camp for the Rangers for the playoffs.

His price would certainly be at an all-time low, a middle of the pack prospect or a 3rd rounder probably gets it done at this point. I would imagine that Petterson has the goods on whether you want the guy or not.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-rangers-lias-andersson-staying-sweden-nhl-returns/

New York is also a team that could use Brandon Sutter as a stabilizing 3rd/4th line centre.  I would honestly do Juolevi and Sutter for Andersson and a pick (If Petterson has positive input for him).  I haven't given up on Juolevi at all, but he isn't THAT much more likely to be an impact player than Andersson... and we can drop a significant cap hit which helps us immensely.

If Andersson worked out after a year in the minors/Europe and earned an NHL roster spot, you can easily move Gaudette to the wing.  Andersson would be better suited to taking defensive duties as well as helping provide some offence and energy.

I think OJ will be the next Tanev for the Canucks.  If he can stay healthy and crack the lineup.  That's how I see him in the NHL.

37 minutes ago, Screw said:

I think OJ will be the next Tanev for the Canucks.  If he can stay healthy and crack the lineup.  That's how I see him in the NHL.

Tanev would be great, but I have higher hopes for his offence.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:31 AM, coryberg said:

Marky I don't think will be part of this team in the near future, his salary demands are going to be very high and term attached to it. The term being the biggest hurdle. The goalie market is very saturated and theres probably a good goalie in UFA to be a stop gap if you pay him enough ie: Robin Lehner. Its Markstroms time to cash in and get security, right fully so, he deserves it. The team is very high on Demko and Dipietro

7 hours ago, Provost said:

If they take Sutter and a guy thats low in the prospect totem pole like a Gadjovich, Id take a flyer, but I just don't see it happening if its going to take our top assets. His 2-way game is already going to be filled with our boy Podz and centre is pretty much carved in stone the next 5 years.

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Just not sure he would fit in here. Would rather go after Poolparty as a reclamation project. Doubt the Oilers would trade him here though. 

There's rumours that the Oiler are/were expected at least Andersson plus a 1st for Puljujarvi, which is nuts.  

The Canucks should try to find a way to get Andersson.  Perhaps a package revolving a couple of the following pieces:  Karlsson, rights to Goldobin, Lind, Sutter, Woo, Demko (assuming the Canucks are keeping Markstrom).  

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

There's rumours that the Oiler are/were expected at least Andersson plus a 1st for Puljujarvi, which is nuts.  

The Canucks should try to find a way to get Andersson.  Perhaps a package revolving a couple of the following pieces:  Karlsson, rights to Goldobin, Lind, Sutter, Woo, Demko (assuming the Canucks are keeping Markstrom).  

That is indeed crazy. Oilers are delusional. Puljujarvi basically said that he will never play for Oilers, why would anyone pay 1st rounder for him? A disgruntled young player for another disgruntled young player seems like a fair trade for the both sides.

I'm not sure if I want to give up Lind, Woo, or Demko for Andersson unless we get to dump Eriksson's salary on NYR.

- Lind has made so much progress that it would be foolish to not see how he would pan out. And RW's are more valuable than LW's in my opinion.

- Demko is an NHLer, trading an NHLer for a disgruntled maybe NHLer sounds like a bad trade unless they are adding. One of NYR's strength is in goal so I doubt they would want Demko anyways, let alone at a premium price.

- Woo looks like he took a step back this season but he's still got a lot of promise. We don't quite have someone like him in our system (maybe Tryamkin?) so we should let him develop in our system.

Andersson has an upside to be a second line winger but he would start out as a 3rd or 4th line left winger. That's not a position that we are seriously lacking at the moment and it's a position that you can fill in with ease via trade or UFA. If Lind becomes a full time NHLer, then we always have the option of switching JV to left wing.