The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

I think Green is safe until December next year even if we don't make the playoffs this year. He'll be given a chance to hit the ground running for next season and if they struggle then they'll make a change.

Agree I don't think miss playoffs means automatic firing. Would take a massive plummet for that to happen imo. 

• Cheers 2

As much as i love to make the playoffs this year, but really we arent ready, next year i see us making a good push for the playoffs, but theres still a few things that need work, otherwise if we do make it, ill be shocked if we make it past the 1st round , esp with our current defensive flaws thus far this year.

Think we need another year to work things out and perfect certain areas, and i also think green needs another year behind the bench, than we should be gtg .....dont forget all, we still in the rebuild phase, we just been doing real good in some games and real bad in others, so makes the rebuild accelerate faster than it should...but really, games like this put the team back perspective and reason why we need some more work in various areas of the team

Edited by x00x

This game needed a Canucks player to pick a fight and win the fight to get the team into it. 

Horvat should have been that guy, the team needed it. He is letting me down as a Captain. 

A while ago I made a trade proposal that we trade Schaller for Nicolas Deslauriers. Deslauriers has 10 NHL fights now so far this season and he has won almost all of them. If he was on our team thats exactly what he would of done. Brought some energy to our team and kept the other team honest. Won some moral battles even if we lost the game. 

I never wanted to get Myers. Trouba was the guy to get. Once we did I though ok ill give him a chance but he gets exposed to much. I think these good teams in the east are exposing our team for its weaknesses. RD is one of them. Myers and Stetcher need to be replaced with better defence man if we plan to win the cup. Hughes needs to be better defensively. Benn can be replaced

We still haven't found what were looking for? 

Edler  _________

Hughes _______ 

_______ Tanev 

Rafferty ?

Tryamkin ?

Juolevi ?

Rathbone ?

Woo

Would be nice to fill a RD spot with a NHL ready top 4 defencman via trade. But I really want to start drafting for that position.

Top 6 is struggling. I would like to see Bo and Pettersson playing together. And perhaps a return of Baertchi is in order, he is getting over a point per game in Utica.

Baertchi Horvat Pettersson

Miller Gaudette Boeser 

Pearson Beagle Virtanen 

Roussel Schaller Motte 

Three players we could make big trades for at the deadline to get us playoff ready Jeff Petry RD, Jean-Gabriel Pageau C, Cris Kreider LW

Kreider Horvat Pageau 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Virtanen 

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Schaller

Edler Myers

Hughes Petry 

Fantenberg Tanev 

Benn 

Edited by kenhodgejr

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

I think the sooner people accept this, then they can focus on other parts of the game rather than trying to find ways to fire Green.

People have to realize that not many NHL GMs get to fire two head coaches that they hired unless they have a good on ice track record (multiple postseason history).  In fact, offhand, I can’t think of any (though I’m guessing there might be a rare exception).

3 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Yes, some of the same problems. Not all. 

PP was a problem, it isn’t anymore. 
Scoring was a problem, it isn’t anymore.

Scoring 1st was a problem, it is still something to work on but hey they just scored 1st 9 games straight. 
Offense from D was a problem, that is something that has significantly improved. 
Goaltending was a big question mark but it isn’t anymore. 

Definitely, all part of the improvement.

But our defense is still a mess at times & we can still struggle to score consistently at times.

14 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I don't why people are all over Green again. Did Green tell Hughes to pass up the middle? Did Green tell Miller to cough up the puck in the neutral zone (there's no way because surely Green would've told his players to dump and chase)? Did Green tell Jake to miss an open net?

We fell behind early from the Hughes gaffe and we took chances that ended up being costly trying to come back because we couldn't string passes together and players were bobbling the puck.

Green did make the decision to get Boeser back on EP's wing even though he had Jake in his spot in practice and Brock was rewarded with a goal.

The team suddenly loss their confidence again and need to bounce back once again. Let's just hope we do so sooner this time around, but the players need to execute better as well.

We were making ill advised pinches all night long (and in the previous game)  and forwards filling for pinching D were pathetic in their commitment to defence.  As best I could tell, All of the D except Edler we’re guilty.  The outnumbered chances we gave up because of so many players not performing their defensive assignments can only be an issue of coaching, and we shall not be rid of those errors until the instructions to the players are changed or there are new players that will perform properly.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Spelling

8 hours ago, Maginator said:

I didn't watch the game. At work on break right now.

The only input I have is... how did we allow 40+ shots AGAIN?

Totally unacceptable to be allowing so many shots night after night. It's like every 3rd game is a 40+ shot night.

That is not a recipe to win.

It worked against LA 

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

First of all, Green needed a team to coach - hasn’t had one in Vancouver till this year, and the key players are still very ‘green’.

And this year’s results are still trending to be a non playoff team with the same points overall as last year 

with an actual “team”

• Wat 1