kassian is not a top 6 winger

he plays on edmonton's top line

as they lack winger depth

don't over rate kassian

he is playing with 2 superstars

that is the only reason he is productive

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

Are you talking just signing a UFA for the playoffs if the Canucks make them or were you thinking resigning with term?

Because if it's the latter where will you be finding a spot for the guys who are near-ready and tough? I'm thinking MacEwan or Gadjovich. Where do they go if they continue to improve and have a good camp this summer? How urgent is this immediate need you see for a tough guy, anyway? Tryamkin, Woo, and Podkolzin on the way. We should be getting tougher to push around real soon.

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

n the forward department - the team needs a top 6 winger

Do we?

Miller Petey Boeser   Tick

Pearson Bo Maybe?   

Maybe Jake has been ok at times, cough Loui has played there. Ferland was designed to be there! And maybe still will be? Top 6 that is...

Plus we have prospects Madden, Podkolzin & Hoglander who will be, at worst, candidates.  Plus, Jake & even Gaudette. Pearson looking a candidate to be re-signed after next year, he's been really good. I think Hoglander will ultimately, by 2021/22, maybe if we're lucky, and certainly be in our top 6.

He will add an element of speed, and agility which will be remarkable with some our skill players. So I see Miller dropping to the 2knd line.

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Do we?

Miller Petey Boeser   Tick

Pearson Bo Maybe?   

Maybe Jake has been ok at times, cough Loui has played there. Ferland was designed to be there! And maybe still will be? Top 6 that is...

Plus we have prospects Madden, Podkolzin & Hoglander who will be, at worst, candidates.  Plus, Jake & even Gaudette. Pearson looking a candidate to be re-signed after next year, he's been really good. I think Hoglander will ultimately, by 2021/22, maybe if we're lucky, and certainly be in our top 6.

He will add an element of speed, and agility which will be remarkable with some our skill players. So I see Miller dropping to the 2knd line.

you even indicate we do

since you cannot name the final top 6 winger

there are a lot of maybes

but so far the only one that fits is loui

so yeah.. we need a top 6 winger

i'm not holding my breath on virt... he has failed on the top 2 lines consistently so far

he might still make it.. but who the hell knows when

and i doubt our depth prospects are simply going to step in and perform on one of the top 2 lines

they will take some seasoning to become productive at the nhl level

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you even indicate we do

since you cannot name the final top 6 winger

there are a lot of maybes

but so far the only one that fits is loui

so yeah.. we need a top 6 winger

i'm not holding my breath on virt... he has failed on the top 2 lines consistently so far

he might still make it.. but who the hell knows when

and i doubt our depth prospects are simply going to step in and perform on one of the top 2 lines

they will take some seasoning to become productive at the nhl level

I was sorta suggesting our prospect pool will provide the guy; 3 forwards (Madden, Hoglander & Podz) all among the worlds 50 best prospects not in the NHL.

They would be the top candidates. 

We may not have them now? 

But will probably have at least one next year.  All three the year after?

23 hours ago, coastal.view said:

nucks are a tough enough team

in the forward department - the team needs a top 6 winger

kassian is not a top 6 winger

he plays on edmonton's top line

as they lack winger depth

don't over rate kassian

he is playing with 2 superstars

that is the only reason he is productive

In what way are the Canucks tough enough.

At this point we rank 27th in the league in team fights with 4 (13 fights in 2018/19)... and 3 of those fights were done by players not even in the lineup currently.

I'm not advocating that we get Kassian, and not saying fights are the only measure..just saying that we are not tough. We are bigger than we were last season, but not tough. Not individually or team tough.. and I am terrified of actually making the playoffs and Petey out there with a guy like Turtlechuck in the playoffs