The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Green in reference to Boeser

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

7 hours ago, Bo fan said:

I am certain the coaches are well aware of  what is happening in Brocks "personal life" -  I think maybe we should be trusting the coaching staff to make the right calls when it comes to lines and ice time. There is a reason they are the coaches and we are the fans - imo

Ditto, fan perspective vs insiders' perpective.  Also, lets consider, BBs' character cause (from a far), I dont see him sulking; perhaps he see's an opportunity to evolve his game.  Win win, if that third line becomes a legit.  I assume of course, that perhaps a meeting or some sort of understanding was perhaps reached - who knows but I dont notice BB, sulking or airing his dirty laundry publicly (LE) ?????????

Edited by ShawnAntoski

First of all, I totally agreed that BB is a great player, and will be great in coming years.

Secondly, I trust Green faces a HAPPY TROUBABLE, but he did great to make the team to be a four-line effective successfully.

Canucks is rolling and having large opportunity to be one of playoff teams this season. Coach staff mix the players into the lineup very well.

I think BB will be back the top line once at any time, might be someone getting injury or someone down.  Switching players between lines is normal, I guess Green will communicate with BB for the whole picture.

Has Boeser really been jostled around on various lines? I thought he played exclusively with EP up until recently then dropped down to the 3rd line with the Bizarro choice to slot LE into the top 6. 

To me it seems so simple...move Brock to Bo's RW.

EP Miller Virtanen

Pearson Bo Boeser

Seems like a decent top 6 to me...

9 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have been noticing Boeser's time on ice the last 5 or so games since his demotion to the 3rd line. Todays game is the lowest it has gotten @ 12:23 mins

I do not think this is the proper response from a coach in this circumstance and I believe this is being poorly handed, and this comes from a TG supporter. 

This is not the best way to motivate Boeser if anything in this circumstance I would argue it is only making things far worse

So what am I talking about, Boeser is dealing with one of the worse things a young man can be going through especially at his age, the deterioration of his father and his likely future passing. This is most likely weighing on this young man and is something that is far more important then this game. I also refer to the Minnesota game where Boeser played one of his best games well his father was in the stands. This further shows the importance of this circumstance to Boeser.

In Boesers defence he is averaging .31 goals a game which translates to 25 for the season, and I would make the arguemet, if Boeser wasn't dealing with this those numbers would be far higher and he would be tearing up this league and be on pace probably closer to 40 or more goals.

My point here is that Green is acting as if Boeser is just in a slump and needs to be motivated, like he did with Virtanen, it does not look like he is seeing the bigger picture.

I am not going to argue that I know how to make Boeser feel better or how to make him more focus on the game, I don't even think it is something Green or anyone can expect, but I do feel it is being dealt in the wrong message, maybe they should offer him a chance to take a week or so off so he can have some time with his father, but as a true hockey player Boeser probably wouldn't want to leave his team mates even though it might be the best for him. Another option might be, the Team finds a way to bring His family to Vancouver for a while so Boeser can be close to his family. The team does own a private plan and if he his father can not fly there are other means of travel. 

I just hope that the Organization Benning and the Aquilini family are doing everything possible to accommodate Boeser and his family in this time of this young mans live and that the only response is not the one by Green and what we can see.

You may be reading this all wrong, the team is winning so it's not a bad time to help his D game which doesn't match his O game, plus that adds a bonus scoring punch on 3rd line and that's not even bringing up he's not having to play top minutes and be more fresh later on in the season when we'll probably need him back up but as long as we're winning I doubt Flow cares all that much, he's made us all proud on and off the ice, I believe he has way too much class to worry about it..

9 hours ago, Tystick said:

I think Green should give this a shot for a while:

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette - Sutter

Schaller - Beagle - Eriksson

I agree, but switched up Eriksson and Sutter for that "cycle". I feel Sutter generates more than Eriksson, and that both Gaudette and Roussel need that. Either this lineup, or sit Schaller in favour of seeing what Bailey can do then move Eriksson to the left side.

As far as Boeser being "demoted", I am sure there are good reasons for this. Could be Green simply icing what is working.  (Oddly enough, that includes Loui on the 2nd line. Could be reducing Brock's stress levels. Could be trying to get a legit 3rd line scoring punch. Or maybe it is tough love. (I doubt the latter, though).

Who knows. This is why he is the coach and we... aren't.

20 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have been noticing Boeser's time on ice the last 5 or so games since his demotion to the 3rd line. Todays game is the lowest it has gotten @ 12:23 mins

I do not think this is the proper response from a coach in this circumstance and I believe this is being poorly handed, and this comes from a TG supporter. 

This is not the best way to motivate Boeser if anything in this circumstance I would argue it is only making things far worse

So what am I talking about, Boeser is dealing with one of the worse things a young man can be going through especially at his age, the deterioration of his father and his likely future passing. This is most likely weighing on this young man and is something that is far more important then this game. I also refer to the Minnesota game where Boeser played one of his best games well his father was in the stands. This further shows the importance of this circumstance to Boeser.

In Boesers defence he is averaging .31 goals a game which translates to 25 for the season, and I would make the arguemet, if Boeser wasn't dealing with this those numbers would be far higher and he would be tearing up this league and be on pace probably closer to 40 or more goals.

My point here is that Green is acting as if Boeser is just in a slump and needs to be motivated, like he did with Virtanen, it does not look like he is seeing the bigger picture.

I am not going to argue that I know how to make Boeser feel better or how to make him more focus on the game, I don't even think it is something Green or anyone can expect, but I do feel it is being dealt in the wrong message, maybe they should offer him a chance to take a week or so off so he can have some time with his father, but as a true hockey player Boeser probably wouldn't want to leave his team mates even though it might be the best for him. Another option might be, the Team finds a way to bring His family to Vancouver for a while so Boeser can be close to his family. The team does own a private plan and if he his father can not fly there are other means of travel. 

I just hope that the Organization Benning and the Aquilini family are doing everything possible to accommodate Boeser and his family in this time of this young mans live and that the only response is not the one by Green and what we can see.

I’m not sure if it’s a case of Boeser being demoted as it is with Green simply rewarding Virtanen.   Boeser hasn’t been bad, but Virtanen has been outperforming him.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I’m not sure if it’s a case of Boeser being demoted as it is with Green simply rewarding Virtanen.   Boeser hasn’t been bad, but Virtanen has been outperforming him.  

That is probably what it is

BB got a new contract

I am sure he is happy with the new money and the team winning (If next year  was his contract year, he may not be as happy though) :)

As a Green supporter great job, I am first to admit I could have been wrong

Boeser 20:52 mins this game

More PP and a full OT probably did contribute to more mins, But He was 3rd in TOI for forwards maybe yesterday Green just saw Boeser didn't have it going but today he was far more rested, well played Green and good game Boeser 5 shots on goal.

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Like 1

I think most are reading way to much into it.. 
Brock is doing just fine. 
Load management for him to be on the 3rd line and to have his ice time reduced. If he stays healthy this will be his first full season. 
Not to mention that he came back from two very serious and possible career ending injuries. 
I think it is smart to reduce his role, he seems to have more jump after Green lessens the load on him. I personally think it is a good thing that we can have some many different line combo's putting up points. 
Boeser was never going to be a 40-50+ goal scorer a season if you as a fan thought that then that is on you.  I think this season is a little more accurate on Brocks overall game going forward. If he can be a solid 20+ goal scorer every year then he is doing his job. 
He has also improved his defensive game and he is throwing hits, the last few years after he lost the puck he would just cruise around on the ice but he is battling back and starting to do the little things right. 
Give Boeser a break

• Cheers 1

On 2/1/2020 at 1:12 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

It doesn't matter why a player is playing poorly all that matters is they are playing poorly. When you play poorly you get less icetime, simple. You're coming up with excuses for Boeser's play and then wanting someone else to come in and give Boeser more ice-time because of this excuse. 

4 hours ago, Boeser#1fan said:

I think most are reading way to much into it.. 
Brock is doing just fine. 
Load management for him to be on the 3rd line and to have his ice time reduced. If he stays healthy this will be his first full season. 
Not to mention that he came back from two very serious and possible career ending injuries. 
I think it is smart to reduce his role, he seems to have more jump after Green lessens the load on him. I personally think it is a good thing that we can have some many different line combo's putting up points. 
Boeser was never going to be a 40-50+ goal scorer a season if you as a fan thought that then that is on you.  I think this season is a little more accurate on Brocks overall game going forward. If he can be a solid 20+ goal scorer every year then he is doing his job. 
He has also improved his defensive game and he is throwing hits, the last few years after he lost the puck he would just cruise around on the ice but he is battling back and starting to do the little things right. 
Give Boeser a break

I like your honestly and how down to earth your post is. People acting like he’s 29 years old and not going to get better. He’s 22 going on 23? A young player who’s still developing. I don’t expect him to be a 40 goal scorer but there’s no reason to believe he can’t get better an put more pucks in the net In time 

Sigh, expectation was so high when he came in that first year. Everything went down hill since and he is not moving his feet or getting his shots to go in.

It could be the wrist injury. It’s been disappointing, really. A lot of you think he is going to be “just fine”. Yep, just fine is not enough. Brock was signed to be a first line goal scorer and he is not being that player right now. 

lets face it guys, For real, for us to compete in the playoffs we need Brock to be that 40 goal scorer and that doesn’t look like is going to happen. I think we are lucky this year to have Miller as our first ling winger. I’d say without Miller we are probably out of a playoff spot. 

I am really hoping Brock will somehow return to form. He had that laser beam of a wrist shot that all of a sudden disappeared, just vanished for the past two seasons. He is riding on the Pettersson and Miller train and collecting his points that way but that’s not going to cut it. Don’t forget how expensive he will be in a few years when we have to sign him to an extension. I am afraid, don’t want to say it, but looks this is our last contract with Brock ending in a trade some time down the line. 

19 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Sigh, expectation was so high when he came in that first year. Everything went down hill since and he is not moving his feet or getting his shots to go in.

It could be the wrist injury. It’s been disappointing, really. A lot of you think he is going to be “just fine”. Yep, just fine is not enough. Brock was signed to be a first line goal scorer and he is not being that player right now. 

lets face it guys, For real, for us to compete in the playoffs we need Brock to be that 40 goal scorer and that doesn’t look like is going to happen. I think we are lucky this year to have Miller as our first ling winger. I’d say without Miller we are probably out of a playoff spot. 

I am really hoping Brock will somehow return to form. He had that laser beam of a wrist shot that all of a sudden disappeared, just vanished for the past two seasons. He is riding on the Pettersson and Miller train and collecting his points that way but that’s not going to cut it. Don’t forget how expensive he will be in a few years when we have to sign him to an extension. I am afraid, don’t want to say it, but looks this is our last contract with Brock ending in a trade some time down the line. 

Responding to your speculation I would be ok with that , as long as we were getting back a quality dman who would improve the team

We have strength in wingers, and some promising upcomers too hopefully

Another team may be in the opposite situation as us, and looking to trade an equally good player, because they want and need a guy like BB