The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

One of the best teams and home records in the league vs a team playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights not sure you could expect too much out of this game. 

Also, we should also count refs is one of the reasons to make this result.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Some fans on here need to look themselves in the mirror and ask what kind of fans they wanna be. 

Disgusting to see people turn on the team so quickly after one bad game. You would think we were on a 10 game losing streak.

Maybe instead of dumping on the team, just realize they didn’t have it tonight and move on. The boys are gonna need full support in the final stretch. How about we just be thankful we finally have a team that can compete again?

Last I checked we’re still first in the division. Things aren’t so bad.

Lol you act as if they're coming on these forums to read our comments haha

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

That sucked. 

the major difference between the Canucks and scumbag bruins, every single Bruin player hustles and takes the body, every shift. Not sure if they play like that on game 3 in 4 DAYS (not nights), 4th game on a 5 game trip, 3 times zones away, but they sure work hard.

Bo was getting pissed, but not much in the tank today.

Someone here said they should have put in Bailey and MacEwen. Totally agree. Put some meat and potatoes in the line up. 

I hate the bruins. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Just watched the highlights.

As a Canucks fan I am embarrassed at our lack of response to the attempt to injure a great person and a franchise player.

Did they even show any Canucks opportunities on the highlights? I can remember one. A Bo Horvat botched semi-breakaway. 

1 minute ago, Darth Canuck said:

That sucked. 

the major difference between the Canucks and scumbag bruins, every single Bruin player hustles and takes the body, every shift. Not sure if they play like that on game 3 in 4 DAYS (not nights), 4th game on a 5 game trip, 3 times zones away, but they sure work hard.

Bo was getting pissed, but not much in the tank today.

Someone here said they should have put in Bailey and MacEwen. Totally agree. Put some meat and potatoes in the line up. 

I hate the bruins. 

Good points !  I would also had liked to had seen those two as well cause this game, in particular, was looking like a good time for a let down (3 games in for days).

4 hours ago, Dannydog said:

How much longer do we have to wait before this nucks team starts hitting? Alot more respect will be taken from other teams if they realize we wont take anymore Crap. Jake should be hitting guys like motte does. Rous has lost a step? Beagle still going strong . JUst lay into they body on the fore check roll off and get back into the play. No  we just shin tap the opposing teams pads on the way casually back up ice.

Motte is out.

/end of

Forget about the loss, I just hope Petey is ok. He never seemed himself after that late hit.
Seeing your star teammate getting nailed usually fires up the team, in our case it never seems to. Green should send the message to his team instead of the NHL. This nice guy approach is not gonna work down the stretch, especially if we make it to the playoffs. Fire them up!!

48 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Thanks. 

Isn't that something. 

How long can we make excuses for these guys? 

I mean, I’ve tried to keep positive all year and support the team and the management, but I think I’ve had enough of seeing EP get mandled without issue or response from the Canucks. 

Its so disappointing to learn that this stuff is still happening. 

• Cheers 1

Boeser hasn’t played well the last month yet gets promoted to the first line? I really like that line with Virtanen and hopefully green puts them back together next game. Also if we have Sutter playing with Horvat we should put in Macewan cause he adds some grit to that 4th line instead of Loui. 

5 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

We are due for a regulation L anyways. If it is a loss in regulation, it is better to have it against an Eastern Conference opponent. Onto the next one. Looking for Brock to pick up his game back at his home-state.

It also helps that both Edmonton And Calgary lost in regulation.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Once again , the reffing was completely fine. And this is coming from a 30 year canucks fan. 

it's interesting when people complain about the reffing.. not like the power play would have made any difference.. 

although the play on pettersson from a "protecting the players" standpoint was defs a bit questionable 

• Cheers 1