The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make Canada What again?

Warhippy

As for the the 'problem' in the OP, I'd suggest individuals are the problem.

We ('royal' we) are generally ignorant and shortsighted. We vote against our best interests, shop against our best interests and hence let the governments and businesses managing those things act against our best interests in everything from taxes, debt, government programs etc to our food/agriculture, jobs, the environment etc.

All because we're too stupid and/or shortsighted to do the right things, and in turn, demand them from our governments and the companies we do business with/purchase from. All the worse if you can actually more readily afford to do those 'right things' consistently.

We're the reason for and the solution to, the race to the bottom, the environment, better health, lower debt etc, etc, etc.

Get informed and be the change you wish to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Canadians, for the most part, are humble, rational and unarmed. We don't need to toot our own horn like some insecure countries. We already know we're the best country in the world. America is like the old, bald guy in a convertible Ferrari. Look at me! Look at me! I'm important!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As for the the 'problem' in the OP, I'd suggest individuals are the problem.

We ('royal' we) are generally ignorant and shortsighted. We vote against our best interests, shop against our best interests and hence let the governments and businesses managing those things act against our best interests in everything from taxes, debt, government programs etc to our food/agriculture, jobs, the environment etc.

All because we're too stupid and/or shortsighted to do the right things, and in turn, demand them from our governments and the companies we do business with/purchase from. All the worse if you can actually more readily afford to do those 'right things' consistently.

We're the reason for and the solution to, the race to the bottom, the environment, better health, lower debt etc, etc, etc.

Get informed and be the change you wish to see.

I'm a consumer and I want more choice! Damnit!

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canadians, for the most part, are humble, rational and unarmed. We don't need to toot our own horn like some insecure countries. We already know we're the best country in the world. America is like the old, bald guy in a convertible Ferrari. Look at me! Look at me! I'm important!

There is no best country on Earth. Just a bunch of different civilizations all claiming to be the most civilized, and falling into the trap of thinking they're special.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is no best country on Earth. Just a bunch of different civilizations all claiming to be the most civilized, and falling into the trap of thinking they're special.

Sorry (very Canadian) I was full of piss and vinegar a few moments ago. I've settled down. Just biased really, I've always lived here, I know nothing else. I'm just a proud Canadian. The US certainly has it's advantages over Canada, such as better roads and bridges, more celebrities, Las Vegas, etc.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I cant believe people think immigration and refugees are a problem. So much misinformation. We NEED 

immigration in this country badly. 

The problem with this country and might as well lump the USA in this is lack of bi partisanship in our

media and our government. Its like your either Liberal or a Nazi.

Yeah totally. Zero problems in Western Europe right now. None at all. Please stop. 

For me I love this country,I was born here and will hopefully die here.

I am a true Canadian,trying to be tolerant in a world that sometimes because of this A-HOLE in the white house south of us seems to be going off the rails.We all have to be wary of falsehoods and lies that the corporate news trys to dish out on a daily basis.

We are all the same, skin colour and race doesn't matter it's what you have in your heart that makes the difference,and the world knows that CANADA has alot of heart when it comes down to helping people and if our politicians would listen to the people more it would be a great change for the betterment of all society.

I think what i notice most about Canada and a majority of the world is how much hatred there is for those that do not share the same opinion / political affiliation as one does. The fact that very few own up to their own mistakes and choices, instead blaming it on some boogeyman or those that are of a different political view. 

It as its quite amazing people are too stupid to realize while they are wasting all their energy trying to blame such and such on so and so, giving into their anger and hate, makes them easy marks for those looking to take advantage of said feelings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wish vet's weren't used as a political football, their care needs to be de-politicized and just get it right. How hard could it be? 

I wish everyone was treated properly. Vets are  part of the  group of everyone.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sorry (very Canadian) I was full of piss and vinegar a few moments ago. I've settled down. Just biased really, I've always lived here, I know nothing else. I'm just a proud Canadian. The US certainly has it's advantages over Canada, such as better roads and bridges, more celebrities, Las Vegas, etc.  

Roads and bridges Hey. Clearly shows the last time you were in the United States.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Trump made it socially acceptable to be racist.  That's the real root of these hate groups.

People have always been racist, before, during and after Trump.

He didn’t invent racism, just look at your own back yard in 20th and 19th century.

• Upvote 1

I miss Canada as I remember it(mostly decades 70's & 80's)..the times I've been back, it feels like it's changed quite a bit

Japan has helped me realize some personal dreams/ambitions, so the perspective has changed. I actually don't expect to ever live in BC again. Which feels strange, as so Many people would apparently love to migrate there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Can u give examples of his racism?

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

He didn’t invent racism, just look at your own back yard in 20th and 19th century.

Well his comments towards Warren, calling Mexicans rapists, and saying there were "very good people" in a white supremacist group aren't exactly actions that someone who isn't racist would be taking, but I was simply saying that having a president who even appeared racist has emboldened those who already held racist views.  Personally, I think he's a subhuman, bigoted piece of trash, but that wasn't my argument. 

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Trump made it socially acceptable to voice your racism in public and through social media.....

He is a disgusting human. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well his comments towards Warren, calling Mexicans rapists, and saying there were "very good people" in a white supremacist group aren't exactly actions that someone who isn't racist would be taking, but I was simply saying that having a president who even appeared racist has emboldened those who already held racist views.  Personally, I think he's a subhuman, bigoted piece of trash, but that wasn't my argument. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trump made it socially acceptable to voice your racism in public and through social media.....

He is a disgusting human. 

Yes to both, but I have met plenty of open racist way before Trump and social media.

I don’t think they were hiding anything.