The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

11 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It’ll be interesting to see who that 2nd round pick could of been.

If Canucks win the Cup from this trade I’ll praise this trade and i’ll be over the moon happy.

But if Canucks do crap I’ll remind people how stupid this trade was.

Great. 

• Cheers 1

Now that I know Boeser is out for at least 8 weeks I wholeheartedly support this trade. I maintain that J.B. somewhat overpaid for T.T. as this is an expiring contract unlike Pearson and J.T. Miller. Nonetheless, I agree that players are not machines, they are people with human emotions. They have to feel that this organization values a winning culture and respects the hard work that the players and coaching staff put in. On a human level, if you expect players and coaches to perform to their max, and yet give them a crappy roster with no help, resentment builds and the the losing culture takes over and poisons the young prospects who were champions at the junior level and were drafted high in the NHL draft. That Uber/taxi video from the Ottawa Senators last year is not what I want the young talents of this team stoop to. 

I don't expect the Canucks to be able to resign T.T. but this trade is a necessary evil. 

As much as people experience buyers' remorse regarding what Columbus did last trade deadline, I think the message sent by Columbus ownership and management boosted the compete level of this year's Columbus Blue Jackets. 

Edited by Maddogy
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It’ll be interesting to see who that 2nd round pick could of been.

If Canucks win the Cup from this trade I’ll praise this trade and i’ll be over the moon happy.

But if Canucks do crap I’ll remind people how stupid this trade was.

Should modify that to if we make the playoffs.  If we don't this was an awful trade. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Goals and points are a third of the game, and one were BB is better than Jake, though Jake is narrowing that gap.  Jake is far, far superior in the other parts of the game.  Personally, I look at a players impact in all facets of the game to judge his value.

Jakes my Favourite player next to Horvat.

Boes and JV are both very important to the success of the team. They are both in different stages of development. Jakes further along then Boeser in most parts of the game. People tend to think Boes is a fully developed player because he scored 20 in his first full year 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

Now that I know Boeser is out for at least 8 weeks I wholeheartedly support this trade. I maintain that J.B. somewhat overpaid for T.T. as this is an expiring contract unlike Pearson and J.T. Miller. Nonetheless, I agree that players are not machines, they are people with human emotions. They have to feel that this organization values a winning culture and respects the hard work that the players and coaching staff put in. On a human level, if you expect players and coaches to perform to their max, and yet give them a crappy roster with no help, resentment builds and the the losing culture takes over and poisons the young prospects who were champions at the junior level and were drafted high in the NHL draft. That Uber/taxi video from the Ottawa Senators last year is not what I want the young talents of this team stoop to. 

I don't expect the Canucks to be able to resign T.T. but this trade is a necessary evil. 

Radio guys (Dhaliwal) saying Bess will be back before season’s end.  Then Moj floated that JB said Bess was done for the season to appease the fans’ potential anger (stop buying tickets and stuff) over the Tofu deal.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Radio guys (Dhaliwal) saying Bess will be back before season’s end.  Then Moj floated that JB said Bess was done for the season to appease the fans’ potential anger (stop buying tickets and stuff) over the Tofu deal.  

Moj is clueless at best

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Jakes my Favourite player next to Horvat.

Boes and JV are both very important to the success of the team. They are both in different stages of development. Jakes further along then Boeser in most parts of the game. People tend to think Boes is a fully developed player because he scored 20 in his first full year 

I disagree, Boeser was a MVP all-star, was Jake? Boeser was a Calder finalist, was Jake? since Boeser has been injured Jake has been floating again, is rarely hitting, most of Jakes points have come from the third line and PP2, he has a few from the first. I am pretty sure that Benning and Green still believes that Boeser is the better player for the first line,  practise this morning had Jake on the third line and Toffoli on the first!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, bree2 said:

I disagree, Boeser was a MVP all-star, was Jake? Boeser was a Calder finalist, was Jake? since Boeser has been injured Jake has been floating again, is rarely hitting, most of Jakes points have come from the third line and PP2, he has a few from the first. I am pretty sure that Benning and Green still believes that Boeser is the better player for the first line,  practise this morning had Jake on the third line and Toffoli on the first!!!

You miss understand what I meant. I’m talking Boesers overall game still needs to be developed. He’s a great offensive player that has had it rough this year.

• Cheers 1

Just now, flat land fish said:

The trade in a vacuum is pretty bold for the teams development stage but honestly look at our division anyone who makes the playoffs could easily make the conference finals.

The owner came out last summer and said the rebuild was over.  JB said the same thing after the Miller trade.  We may think it’s too soon, but the two making the decisions think otherwise.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

You miss understand what I meant. I’m talking Boesers overall game still needs to be developed. He’s a great offensive player that has had it rough this year.

Bess was (is) a ppg player before injury.  He’s a core piece.  Jake is improving for sure, but he’s a support player. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Boeser will probably put up more points then Jake over his career. That’s what I see. I’m not knocking either of them but Boeser is proven where Virtanen is just coming around this year. Boeser is also only 22years old which people seem to forget. His goal scoring potential is higher than Jakes 

@bree2 here’s my post before the one you quoted 

• Like 1