The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Press Conference [Toffoli add, Boeser, Levio injuries]

Rate this topic

Rush17

Rough year for Boeser.

I was already of the mind that this summer would be intriguing but adding Toffoli makes it even more intriguing.  I don't see the Canucks being keen on letting him walk but there are a lot of moving parts.  Assuming Roussel and Beagle are the main veterans who will stay and Gaudette is seen as a regular moving forward (hard to argue against it), then one or more of Sutter, Ferland, Eriksson or Baertschi (obviously hasn't been a major factor this year) may be dealt and who knows what happens with Tanev, Stecher and Virtanen.

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Boeser out for at least 2 months. Ferland done for year Leivo out for regular season. 

Do the Canucks have enough to make the playoffs

Going to be tough. 

Probably.  Were doing fine without Ferland and Leivo.  BB was struggling anyway.  TT is an upgrade. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Rough year for Boeser.

I was already of the mind that this summer would be intriguing but adding Toffoli makes it even more intriguing.  I don't see the Canucks being keen on letting him walk but there are a lot of moving parts.  Assuming Roussel and Beagle are the main veterans who will stay and Gaudette is seen as a regular moving forward (hard to argue against it), then one or more of Sutter, Ferland, Eriksson or Baertschi (obviously hasn't been a major factor this year) may be dealt and who knows what happens with Tanev, Stecher and Virtanen.

His father's health probably the biggest thing on his mind. Hope he fully heals in time for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Rough year for Boeser.

Ferland might be done. Hopefully LE retires after his bonus. Baertschi will likely be bought out. Surely we will explore moving Sutter in the offseason (can't see us trading him if we are carrying him into next season) and I'm fine even if it's a cap retained trade as long as that gives us added value in the return (he's as much of a cap dump as JT Miller was).

I think Roussel's time might be up. I find it interesting that he hasn't been on the PK much when he has been previously. I think he's a player that still has value in the league, so we could potentially trade his entire cap hit and still net a decent return. We have players like MacEwen/Lind/long shot Hoglander too that could potentially take his spot especially if he doesn't have a role on the PK.

Sounds like we might move some lesser prospects out to fill out holes. He mentioned macewan may get sent down will see what happens at the tdl. so imo that implies we may want another bottom 6 guy or depth forward. probably someone with grit and physicality. Maybe someone who can fill in for Ferlands role.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My list is close;

MacEwan

Podkolzin

Lind

Hoglander

Tryamkin

Rathbone

Juolevi

Rafferty

Likely Woo

He said at least 7 probably more. In fact, from his comments, I don't think he even included MacEwan in his estimate as they seem to believe that he's already here to stay.

No love for DiPietro? Focht seems very underrated, but he could potentially be more than 3 years out before cracking the team.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Sounds like we might move some lesser prospects out to fill out holes. He mentioned macewan may get sent down will see what happens at the tdl. so imo that implies we may want another bottom 6 guy or depth forward. probably someone with grit and physicality. Maybe someone who can fill in for Ferlands role.

I think MacEwen being sent down is more of a numbers game with Motte being close to returning. Can't see us adding another forward. Defense maybe, Dillon possibly at the right price.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My list is close;

MacEwan

Podkolzin

Lind

Hoglander

Tryamkin

Rathbone

Juolevi

Rafferty

Likely Woo

He said at least 7 probably more. In fact, from his comments, I don't think he even included MacEwan in his estimate as they seem to believe that he's already here to stay.

Forgot about Rafferty

Jasek is likely in there too.  Perhaps they don't consider Try as part of the young players group