The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

I got flamed for saying it, but as soon as MacEwan dropped the gloves I knew we were going to collapse. Even with the first 12  minutes of the third going the way they were. 

There was absolutely no reason for that fight. We weren't getting beaten physically or on the scoreboard. (in fact we had the lead)  there were no cheap shots, there was a fight because MacEwan obliged the opponent 

If you give them an inch, they will take a mile. 

The same thing happened against Minny.

Anyway I hope Zach learns he doesn't always have to drop the mitts.

I don't care if he fights standing up for a teammate, but not with the lead for a staged fight. 

Flame on... 

I hope for a good game tonight I hope we can start building momentum 

And I hope Demko has a solid bounce back tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree @DS4quality

I’m sure lots of fans were like awesome jumping up and down. Smashy smashy.

If it was in defence of a player sure or if the game was the other way around at that point it would have been fine and actually make sense.

Time and place always

• Cheers 1

Canucks need this win

There really is no doubt

If the Canucks lose this one

Then all of CDC will shout

Thatcher Demko is the guy

He will be in our net

He needs to have a steller game

He hasn't had one yet

Travis Green makes the lines

Louis Eriksson will never go away

Travis feels he needs him on the ice

because of how much we have to pay

To win the game we need some heart

And it starts from our captain Bo

The players are visual learners

So his heart he will have to show

Injuries are killing us

To see that we need no clues

Please oh please hockey gods

Don't let the next victim be Quinn Hughes

Lets bring it home and kick some butt

And show our faith with loud cheers

No matter what at the end of the day

We are all Canucks for all our years

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

I got flamed for saying it, but as soon as MacEwan dropped the gloves I knew we were going to collapse. Even with the first 12  minutes of the third going the way they were. 

There was absolutely no reason for that fight. We weren't getting beaten physically or on the scoreboard. (in fact we had the lead)  there were no cheap shots, there was a fight because MacEwan obliged the opponent 

If you give them an inch, they will take a mile. 

The same thing happened against Minny.

Anyway I hope Zach learns he doesn't always have to drop the mitts.

I don't care if he fights standing up for a teammate, but not with the lead for a staged fight. 

Flame on... 

I hope for a good game tonight I hope we can start building momentum 

And I hope Demko has a solid bounce back tonight. 

I don't think you'll get flamed for this. Fighting when you have the lead merely allows the other team to have a boost. It's not a smart play, and I'm guessing he's been told since that it wasn't. 

29 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Erikkson Nixed a trade last year GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Wonder if it was the Edmonton one for lucic?

thank god. Lucic is a bum, with one year longer on his deal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Travis Green : Markstorm is fine, had a maintaince day

Day After:   Markstorm under went treatment and will be out in 3 weeks.

All the injuries were kept under wraps because of the TDL. I bet these new injuries are truly day to day. Plus Hughes skated yesterday.

One would hope anyway 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Erikkson Nixed a trade last year GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Wonder if it was the Edmonton one for lucic?

We heard this rumour in the off-season. Apparently the potential trade went back as far as last TDL. Very likely the Lucic rumour. We didn't want to pay an asset to move LE, so unlikely we were looking at that option as we were able to manage his contract as demonstrated this season. The cap floor going up could entice floor teams as after his bonus, his cap hit is well above what he would be getting paid. The cost to move him might have dropped making it more enticing for us. He has a modified NTC (15 team no trade list) now, so unless he puts all the floor teams on it, he can't really prevent us from moving him if we find the right fit (of course we could also still play the Utica card if he holds back a deal again).

• Cheers 2

Jordie Benn on the radio/will be playing tonight.  Quinn and Myers both game day decisions?  Quinn did not take the optional skate.

Beagle's out.  Demko's starting.

Said the fans really help elevate things....SO IF YOU'RE GOING TO THE GAME BE LOUD!!  HOME ICE ADVANTAGE TIME.

Also...I agree PB re the timing of Mac's fight...teams that are desperate will try to goad you into playing differently.  Pulling you away from what is working.  With that, Mac's still a guy trying to stick here so I also see that side of it.  That he has to "prove himself" and not fighting also would have been "his" decision.  I feel he had to go but would generally agree with "picking your spots" and, when leading, don't allow a team to pull you off that.  

Some people slam the team when they don't "buy in" but, sometimes, it's the best decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Jordie Benn on the radio/will be playing tonight.

Said the fans really help elevate things....SO IF YOU'RE GOING TO THE GAME BE LOUD!!  HOME ICE ADVANTAGE TIME.

Also...I agree PB re the timing of Mac's fight...teams that are desperate will try to goad you into playing differently.  Pulling you away from what is working.  With that, Mac's still a guy trying to stick here so I also see that side of it.  That he has to "prove himself" and not fighting also would have been "his" decision.  I feel he had to go but would generally agree with "picking your spots" and, when leading, don't allow a team to pull you off that.  

Some people slam the team when they don't "buy in" but, sometimes, it's the best decision.

crap so Hughes is out.