The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What will happen to the Nhl season and Playoffs(poll)

Rate this topic

naslund.is.king

What will happen to the current season and playoffs(Poll)  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the current season and playoffs(Poll)

• Season and Playoffs outright cancelled
    • Modified Season/ Playoffs(Season ends as of current Standings and etc)
    • Whenever this ends the season and playoffs pickup like usual
  2. 2. .

• a
    • b

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't see this getting better anytime soon.  Suspect a full cancellation.  Going to be a long summer.

I just don't see the owners allowing that

its gonna be long i agree but something tells me this season and playoffs will be finished one way or another..no matter the time/Day

It's possible to be up to a month behind and resume the regular season and playoffs.

The economy as a whole will need a big boost and the sports n enterainment industries are a valuable part of it.

Be positive!

• Like 1

I just have this feeling that we're only seeing the beginning of this and it won't fizzle out until it is too late to save the season or the playoffs.  The next NHL hockey we will see will be in October.

If you have seen my record in the predictions threads lately, this should give you hope that the NHL will be back soon.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think there is a time frame for these kind of things. There are just some things that are just bigger than sports. I would love this to be on pause for a few weeks only but reality is that this is a pandemic and it's gonna take everyone to come together and stop this ASAP. 

So to some people thinking the NHL won't let the playoffs get cancelled, you guys need to wake up because that can very well happen if we do not contain this thing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think that they might put a cap on the regular season at about 72-75 games, so that teams play an equal number of games, but not a full 82. 
That would necessitate a different schedule, but allow a more realistic time frame. A full 82 games after a postponement would mean a drastically shortened offseason.
Don't see them cancelling the playoffs. At least I hope not...

• Upvote 1

NBA said one month at least.  So April 13th.   

I think they will first test all the players and then take it from there.  There are options for playing and a small window exists.   But if the numbers of sick keep going up then I would say no way.

In Japan in the last 10 days there hasn't been any major spikes nor deaths - a couple a day with also many recoveries.  So while everyone is looking at Italy, they should also be looking at Asia since they are further down the road. 

They are saying its going to be 30 days minimum, that means the SC final wouldn't even start until after July 1st if they try to get in any kind of regular season finish. There has to be a drop dead date for them to get a full playoffs in and that date can't be too far past the 30 days from yesterday countdown we are already in.

Edited by GritGrinder

15 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

They are saying its going to be 30 days minimum, that means the SC final wouldn't even start until after July 1st if they try to get in any kind of regular season finish. There has to be a drop dead date for them to get a full playoffs in and that date can't be too far past the 30 days from yesterday countdown we are already in.

Apparently they've asked all teams to establish arena availability up to and including July - so they're accounting for what you've just mentioned.