The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #1

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #1  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Greatest Canuck of All-Time?

• D. Sedin
    • H. Sedin
    • K. McLean
    • M. Naslund
    • P. Bure
    • R. Luongo
    • S. Smyl
    • T. Bertuzzi
    • T. Gradin
    • T. Linden

This poll is closed to new votes

Given all the down time many of us have, I figured now is as good a time as any to start up a Top 50 Canucks of All-Time poll series to figure out CDC's opinion on the matter. A similar list was done about 9 years ago for the Top 40 Canucks of All-Time in 2011 by @Champions of Nothing to celebrate the 40th anniversary, so I figured doing a Top 50 would be fitting for the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Side note: I can't seem to find the old Top 40 list, so if someone can figure it out, that'd be awesome to compare the two lists.

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently.

Another key aspect to these lists is to nominate another Canuck to be added to the list of voting options. 

Our current list is empty, so get voting & nominating!

• Huggy Bear 1

Certainly Henrik given his longevity as a Canuck and the fact he is the all time points leader. 

There is more than skill that makes a Canuck great and Henrik has this greatness in bushels

Nominate Burrows - maybe not the top point guy but he has the most heart of any Canuck...ever.  Canucks fans love him.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Upvote 1

I vote for Pavel.

I would like to nominate Luongo and McLean, Trevor, Daniel and Hank.

Edit > I see the poll now and all my nominations are up there.  So I would like to nominate Ohlund instead.

Edited by goalie13

Thanks for doing this.

Voting Henrik. All time points leader, he and Daniel the two greatest to play for the franchise. Bure played too few games to earn my vote ahead of them.

Nominating Kesler. Great all around player, could score 40 goals and win a Selke.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

There’s only one answer to this and it’s Linden....... no awards or skills can match up to his leadership, determination, and heart he gave to this organization and community.

Nominating Alexander Mogilny

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Given all the down time many of us have, I figured now is as good a time as any to start up a Top 50 Canucks of All-Time poll series to figure out CDC's opinion on the matter. A similar list was done about 9 years ago for the Top 40 Canucks of All-Time in 2011 by @Champions of Nothing to celebrate the 40th anniversary, so I figured doing a Top 50 would be fitting for the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Side note: I can't seem to find the old Top 40 list, so if someone can figure it out, that'd be awesome to compare the two lists.

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently.

Another key aspect to these lists is to nominate another Canuck to be added to the list of voting options. 

Our current list is empty, so get voting & nominating!

Is the question about who is the most talented player to ever be in a Canucks uniform? The player that played the best while in a Canuck uniform? The player that best embodied being a Canuck?

Because for me, if I answer the first question, it is Bure. The answer to the second question is Hank. The answer to the third question is Linden. 

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Is the question about who is the most talented player to ever be in a Canucks uniform? The player that played the best while in a Canuck uniform? The player that best embodied being a Canuck?

Because for me, if I answer the first question, it is Bure. The answer to the second question is Hank. The answer to the third question is Linden. 

As I said, I'm leaving interpretation up to each person.

Personally, I read it as the best combination of all things that make a great Canuck. For instance, Bure isn't #1 for me because he only played 428 games as a Canuck. Longevity is relevant. At the same time, Linden isn't #1, because despite playing much of his prime in the higher scoring early and mid-90s, he never scored over a point-per-game. Still, Bure ranks high for me, because his pure skill helps him and Linden also ranks high because of his longevity, character, and leadership. The Sedins, while perhaps not the best in terms of skill nor the heart of a Canuck, to me are the best in terms of the overall package.

Again, you decide what the best way is to rank players for yourself and vote how you feel led.

• Like 1