The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #40

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #40  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #40 Canuck of All-Time?

• C. Tanev
    • G. Butcher
    • D. Ververgaert
    • G. Smith
    • I. Larionov
    • C. Fraser
    • R. Lanz
    • C. Oddleifson
    • K. McCarthy
    • M. Cooke

This poll is closed to new votes

Darcy Rota took this one in a tight race with Chris Tanev for #39. The nominations were a tie between Matt Cooke and Dan Hamhuis, who both had four each. The random number generator favoured Matt Cooke this time, so he was added as a voting option.

Sorry for the delay on this one, I was feeling pretty tired today.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

#26 - D. Lever

#27 - D. Kearns

#28 - E. Jovanovski

#29 - P. Sundstrom

#30 - G. Adams

-------------------

#31 - O. Kurtenbach

#32 - P. Skriko

#33 - G. Courtnall

#34 - B. Horvat

#35 - T. Williams

#36 - D. Babych

#37 - G. Odjick

#38 - J. Hansen

#39 - D. Rota

• Vintage 3

I'm voting for Dennis Ververgaert, but I expect Tanev to get in here. Though I have Ververgaert next, I actually have Tanev immediately afterwards, so I'm okay with Tanev as a second best too.

Nominating Brock Boeser still. I'm seeing a world where I may end up nominating him alone for the rest of the list, but I'm ready for it.

• Cheers 2

Voting Tanev, nominating Pettersson.

I see the merit in having him and/or Boeser slot in around the 50 spot. There's little doubt he'll hold down a place near the top of this list as he career progresses, and he's had his fair share of memorable moments already. One of two (soon to be three?) Calder trophy winners in franchise history. There are a few good soldiers and characters left that could be nominated, but given that we have 39 selected already and 10 options on the poll, I figure his name deserves a chance to be in the running.

• Cheers 2

Tanev

Nominating ..... because he belongs in the top 50 ahead of at least two of the other nominees .... Bobby Schmautz ! who sits 23rd all time in goals scored in parts of 5 seasons and brought back in trade C Oddleifson, the immortal Fred O’Donnell and the rights to the even more immortal Mike “Shakey” Walton (Stanley Cup winner 1967 Leafs AND 113 points in 115 games with the Canucks).

Edited by zimmy
  • Vintage 2