The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I actually wonder if getting STL would be a blessing in disguise, somehow. DAL looks fast. The way Hughes and Stecher tend to play at times, they get caught up ice, maybe try something too fancy and losing the puck. Luckily Hughes has good wheels and can get back, but against DAL, I see us getting burned with situations like this. Several breakaways against. 

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

that's the thing about a pack mentality....the zebras can't throw everyone in the box, so the pack can get their licks in, if they focus on getting their licks in, and not get penalized. Zebras usually only throw one player in the box... for example, Sutter got his lick in without getting penalized because he was part of the pack...and he was focused on getting his lick in (staying in the moment and living in the moment).

A good ref will let a little street justice occur when they know it was a act to incite 

bad refs call the team that retributes

29 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I didn't realize Bishop is banged up and not playing. They probably aren't going far without him. They are already down a goal, and it's only 5min in....

Pretty sure Khudobin has had our number over the years.

I dunno but St Louis has seemed to bring the best out of us. Dallas on the other hand seems to play us really well.

Of course playoffs are a whole different beast so who knows. Both present a huge challenge. But that’s what playoffs are all about.

• Cheers 1

On 8/7/2020 at 11:25 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I don't think you can put a price on it. he does a lot of things in the d-zone that I can't do. Chris is the heart and soul of the team, it's nice to see him get the goal. He's helped me a lot both on and off the ice.“ - Hughes on Tanev's impact in his development

For those that think we can trade or not re-sign Chris Tanev.

“Heart and soul of the team”

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

On 8/7/2020 at 10:54 PM, Devron44 said:

Can we stop questioning Bo’s captaincy now. Thanks!

One could easily argue Miller was driving the bus or Pettersson's play being inspirational or even Hughes. People put far too much importance on who wears the C. One doesn't need a letter on his chest to be a leader.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Love how we’ll be the underdogs either way.

Right now we’re playing with house money. No one even thought we’d make the playoffs, and at one point it didn’t even look like the season would continue.

Just enjoy the ride everyone.

Just what I was thinking... No pressure on the kids, except what they put on themselves.  Canucks historically have been overachievers when underdogs and somehow crumble when favorites.  We changed the narrative this year so far, as we were slight favorites coming into the wild series.  Now going forward they can play free, have fun and learn.  I like our odds!

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Love how we’ll be the underdogs either way.

Right now we’re playing with house money. No one even thought we’d make the playoffs, and at one point it didn’t even look like the season would continue.

Just enjoy the ride everyone.

No. If we lose we obviously need to fire Green!

31 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I actually want us to play St. Louis because we've matched up better against them in the past. Everyone tells me I'm wrong but we shall see I guess. :lol:

We have a better record against the Blues than Stars over the past two regular seasons. I’m fine either way. 

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty sure Khudobin has had our number over the years.

I dunno but St Louis has seemed to bring the best out of us. Dallas on the other hand seems to play us really well.

Of course playoffs are a whole different beast so who knows. Both present a huge challenge. But that’s what playoffs are all about.

Same story with minnesota and after losing one they regrouped and changed their strategy and won 3 straight.

I think Dallas would be the team I'd rather play.

28 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Of course we can trade or not re-sign him. If he asks for too much, they have to move on from him. 

I mean you “could“, but I don’t think moving on from a player that Hughes feels is that important to the team is a good idea if we want continued success. I don’t see him asking for anything we couldn’t afford. I’m sure he wants to stay in Vancouver and be part of our future success. 

8 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Same story with minnesota and after losing one they regrouped and changed their strategy and won 3 straight.

I think Dallas would be the team I'd rather play.

Gotta play much more disciplined either way.

That stars power play looks bad right now but it can still be very dangerous. Benn, Seguin, Pavelski/Radulov, Klingberg, and Heiskenan are some serious weapons.

Cant give those guys the opportunities we gave Minnesota.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta play much more disciplined either way.

That stars power play looks bad right now but it can still be very dangerous. Benn, Seguin, Pavelski/Radulov, Klingberg, and Heiskenan are some serious weapons.

Cant give those guys the opportunities we gave Minnesota.

We can't give either team too much respect either. 

We don't want to be caught looking in awe as they whip the puck around our guys.  

We're underdogs either way but we're better then the elite teams give us credit for right now IMO