The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Russo: Wild GM Guerin is actively shopping RHD Matt Dumba

Ilya Mikheyev

6 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I think the Wild and Habs would be great trade partners. The Habs need help on the wing and have an excess down th middle. Max Domi would look great in Green and he’d be their 1C

Montreal is pretty much set on the right side with Weber and Petry. Trading Domi for Dumba doesn’t address their needs 

2 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I think you’re right maybe Minnesota would be willing to trade a winger for Domi. That’s all I was saying. Montreal could really use Greenway

I like Greenesy, but I’m not sure he’s what they need either.  They desperately need a finisher.  Kotkaniemi can make some beautiful plays to set up goals. They need someone to put those passes in the net.  

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I like Greenesy, but I’m not sure he’s what they need either.  They desperately need a finisher.  Kotkaniemi can make some beautiful plays to set up goals. They need someone to put those passes in the net.  

Puljujarvi would be a great fit. Domi could be Edmonton’s 2C. Great way to recoupe an asset for the Oilers 

1 hour ago, dough teeth said:

why would barrie sign for 5 mil when brodin just signed for 6 

Because Brodin can play like an NHLer in his own end.  Barrie will be lucky to get a one-way contact after how much of a liability he was in Toronto.

Leafs probably will be trying to use Pittsburgh's first to unload Nylander for Dumba.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

23 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Puljujarvi would be a great fit. Domi could be Edmonton’s 2C. Great way to recoupe an asset for the Oilers 

Puljujarvi would be the plus in any deal involving Domi.  He’s not nearly enough to be the main asset coming back to Montreal.  

1 hour ago, khay said:

Interesting.

We have 3 spots.

I think Juolevi requires protection. 

Edler will be a UFA. So we aren't going to need to protect him assuming Seattle doesn't pick a pending UFA.

Tanev will need protection if brought back. If not, we can protect Myers.

If we acquire Dumba, we should be able to protect him from Seattle.

Why protect Juolevi if thats the worst case scenario loosin Juolevi JB has done his job. At this point i doubt we get a 3rd rounder for him.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Can we at least let him play a full season before declaring him not worth protecting?  He looked pretty decent when he got into the lineup this year.

I'm not denying that I'm just saying if he is our biggest worry to loose JB has done his job. Seattle is getting a player and from any good team they getting a good player

Edited by Whalespray

2 hours ago, mll said:

The problem with both Barrie and Dumba is that they need a stable D-partner which the Canucks can't offer.

Dumba is going to pinch at inopportune times but Brodin is such an elite skater that he can cover for him and get back in time.  Suter used to play with Dumba but he has lost a step since his ankle injury and his skating is no longer good enough.  They were re-united earlier this season after Spurgeon's injury and it was a complete mess.

This could turn out pretty bad for Vancouver especially if they let Markstrom go and Demko can't provide Markstrom's elite goal tending.  

I was listening to a segment on TSN 1040 the other day and it really feels like Vancouver media has built up this false idea that Dumba is a reliable two-way D when that's far from reality.  Dumba can be so frustrating as he is going to shoot at every opportunity and often it means losing possession and the puck going the other way.  I don't like the fit at all for Vancouver.  

Find it also pretty dumb for the Wild as they should get a C in return.  Moving on from Dumba is not the issue - they have Addison coming.  It's more the return where they are crowded on the wings and have no legit top-6 C once Staal's deal expires - he'll also be 36 next month.  

We have Edler who was that for Ehrhoff but he wouldn't be around forever. Still we probably wouldn't be able to afford Barrie.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Subban wouldn’t cost you anything in trade unless they retained significant salary.

If Jersey wanted some younger pieces, took Loui back, and were willing to retain enough salary to make it a wash... that is a far preferable option to losing Boeser for Dumba.

Depends. NJD might still value Subban as a good defenseman and might still want a good return for him. It's what they should do.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Because Brodin can play like an NHLer in his own end.  Barrie will be lucky to get a one-way contact after how much of a liability he was in Toronto.

Leafs probably will be trying to use Pittsburgh's first to unload Nylander for Dumba.

I agree. Barrie didn’t seem all that good in Toronto. He had way too much hype before going there. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm shopped RHD....

Would you rather

Dumba

or

Subban

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Subban wouldn’t cost you anything in trade unless they retained significant salary.

If Jersey wanted some younger pieces, took Loui back, and were willing to retain enough salary to make it a wash... that is a far preferable option to losing Boeser for Dumba.

Subban would be intriguing.

He is still owed $16 million of his $72 million contract.... LE with 6 million in cash payout.  

Either than this recent year with the bottom feeding NJD, his production has remained consistently up there.  

51 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We have Edler who was that for Ehrhoff but he wouldn't be around forever. Still we probably wouldn't be able to afford Barrie.

Except Edler has lost a step.  The Canucks have allowed the 2nd most rush scoring chances against this season.  They will probably allow even more if they have a D like Dumba and don't have a Brodin to cover for him.  

Edited by mll