The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Manny Malhotra to Toronto

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Judd Bracket departing is not a surprise.  Minnesota is literally the closes NHL team to his home town.

As for Malhotra, it's sad, but we will have to move on.  Nothing we can do.  At Least I think Toronto should have compensated us a pick for going after a staff of ours that is under contract. 

He is from Cape Cod on the East coast and even has a couple of restaurants there.  Cape Cod is in Massachusetts - Boston would be the closest city. 

“You want to know how to act and behave as a professional, look at this guy.” 

A great read if anybody is interested. I'd copy and post it but it's just too long a read. But it's worth it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/manny-malhotra-became-one-nhls-promising-young-coaches/

Edited by Baggins
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

OMG that would be soooooo Cool.....so sad about him leaving.... why couldn't they gotten rid of Brown....fracking useless .....sigh...

Bikeka seems to think highly of him... I'm just going to go with that. 

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Best of luck to him.  More money, more responsibility, and more vacation time make the decision fairly clear for him.  Not worried too much about the positive impact he'll have on the Laffs; Scotty Bowman wouldn't be able to get those floaters to work in their own end.

Everybody likes more vacation time :lol:

I don't get it? He is going from assistant coach to assistant coach? How is that a step up? Or is it because we had 3 assistant coaches?

Well, hats off to the team for letting him chase his dream. I would love to have him back in the future. I have this feeling we haven't seen the last (or best) of Manny yet :)

On 9/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, DeNiro said:

Malhotra has no experience playing on or running a power play.

He’s a great face off coach and great guy to have around the team but his actual coaching experience is very limited.

anyone with no knowledge of the powerplay can tell you our zone entry is god awful and that full speed dash up the ice only to turn around and dump the puck back in the defensive zone is the dumbest play in recent years... other team just line up 4 across the blue line and wait for you to dump backward lol.

I was pretty happy to see Manny join the team when he first did, so when I heard the news yesterday, I was kinda sad and surprised he would be leaving so soon. I thought everything was going well for him with the team and eventually he would be promoted. You can tell he is so respected by the team and old teammates from his playing days. Good luck to him.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, DeNiro said:

Malhotra has no experience playing on or running a power play.

He’s a great face off coach and great guy to have around the team but his actual coaching experience is very limited.

are you kidding me? malhotra has been coaching since he was playing. 

faithful will recall that in summer 2010, after signing with the team, prior to ever even playing a game for the team, manny was the guy arranging group skates and running drills. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...