The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I think the lions completely changed this draft for the Eagles lol. 

I would have preferred Williams and keeping the 3rd, but obviously not an option after the Lions picked him. 

Getting run stop, but I also thought of getting a pass rusher since we need more pressure and sacks. 

I feel meh about the Eagles first round. 

29 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Seahawks took a RB…Kenny Walker III out of Michigan State

The next Shaun Alexander? Apparently Walker was the 2nd best RB in the draft. He also won Doek Walker award for nation’s best RB. I’m excited to see how he fits in. I thought we would’ve went with Willis. He’s dropping real bad. Maybe he’ll slip enough for our next pick 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

The next Shaun Alexander? Apparently Walker was the 2nd best RB in the draft. He also won Doek Walker award for nation’s best RB. I’m excited to see how he fits in. I thought we would’ve went with Willis. He’s dropping real bad. Maybe he’ll slip enough for our next pick 

They shoudve picked Malik Willis. Seriously, they finally decide to draft a lineman to protect who? Drew Lock? LOL Mayfield perhaps? Im not sure what Schneider and Carroll are thinking over there down south. Not a fan of this RB class. Walker is probably going to end up in the tail end of a time share with Carson and Penny. This draft was just all over the place in general

19 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

My jets got a haul last night in the draft. See draft night is basically our superbowl. And we won it. So we kinda won the Superbowl last night...

Jets fan! Geez, mustve been tough watching the team this past decade. You think they'll make a play for Deebo?

3 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Jets fan! Geez, mustve been tough watching the team this past decade. You think they'll make a play for Deebo?

Yeah Sundays are rough man. And no it sounds like the debate was draft a reciever at 10, or use that pick as the main PC to land him. I'm okay with Garrett Wilson there. Likely won't ever have the impact that DS does but also won't be asking for 30 mill anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33833181/work-twice-hard-live-nba-legend

New Seattle Seahawks CB Coby Bryant: 'Have to work twice as hard' to live up to NBA legend

Interesting.  Kobe is a popular name in Japan too.  But more for other reasons.  I wonder why the parents chose the spelling they did though.  

On 4/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, c00kies said:

I think the lions completely changed this draft for the Eagles lol. 

I would have preferred Williams and keeping the 3rd, but obviously not an option after the Lions picked him. 

Getting run stop, but I also thought of getting a pass rusher since we need more pressure and sacks. 

I feel meh about the Eagles first round. 

Honestly think the media is hyping up the Eagles draft too much. Howie yet again like always failed to land a quality talent at CB or S despite the glaring need and the opportunity to do so with Kyle Hamilton sitting there.

I would have liked Hamilton but the Eagles to a fault only draft OL and DL with premium picks.

Getting AJ Brown saved the Eagles draft class but that contract is top 5 WR money so he better stay healthy and produce more consistently or the fans will turn on him.

How is a @gmen81 feeling about Treylon Burks to replace Brown?

On 4/28/2022 at 10:36 PM, Van40 said:

Kyle Hamilton is going to be a star. What a steal

I love how the Ravens draft every year. They want want tough and athletic players. They don't reach they get good value by sticking to the consensus board and big time players who produced I college at big programs and also have the mental and physical tools to be a sucess in the pros.

Their only weakness is they seem to struggle to evaluate the WR position.

Maybe they should sign OBJ or Antonio Brown?

The Chiefs and Bills do a real good job of late as well at drafting guys who fit.

Not to mention the Rams, and Bucs, and Packers. Coincidence they are all top trams and annual contenders? I think not.

The Steelers got some studs at WR with George Pickens and Calvin Austin too though.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Technically they didn't. They just waited 5 years too late to improve the offensive line. 

Thats what I was thinking too. So you WONT draft a OL for Russell and yet, you'll draft one for Drew Lock (Baker Mayfield?) LOL . Wasnt too fond of their picks except Coby Bryant who might be a decent corner

On 4/30/2022 at 5:32 AM, 73 Percent said:

Yeah Sundays are rough man. And no it sounds like the debate was draft a reciever at 10, or use that pick as the main PC to land him. I'm okay with Garrett Wilson there. Likely won't ever have the impact that DS does but also won't be asking for 30 mill anytime soon.

You guys killed it though this draft. I thought Sauce was the best CB in this class, a decent #1 WR in Garrett Wilson. Breece Hall was the best RB in this class but I don't think he's as good as Michael Carter, but good value though. Sauce Gardner I think has the potential to get a few all Pro nods, along with my guy Surtain II

On 5/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Honestly think the media is hyping up the Eagles draft too much. Howie yet again like always failed to land a quality talent at CB or S despite the glaring need and the opportunity to do so with Kyle Hamilton sitting there.

I would have liked Hamilton but the Eagles to a fault only draft OL and DL with premium picks.

Getting AJ Brown saved the Eagles draft class but that contract is top 5 WR money so he better stay healthy and produce more consistently or the fans will turn on him.

How is a @gmen81 feeling about Treylon Burks to replace Brown?

I love how the Ravens draft every year. They want want tough and athletic players. They don't reach they get good value by sticking to the consensus board and big time players who produced I college at big programs and also have the mental and physical tools to be a sucess in the pros.

Their only weakness is they seem to struggle to evaluate the WR position.

Maybe they should sign OBJ or Antonio Brown?

The Chiefs and Bills do a real good job of late as well at drafting guys who fit.

Not to mention the Rams, and Bucs, and Packers. Coincidence they are all top trams and annual contenders? I think not.

The Steelers got some studs at WR with George Pickens and Calvin Austin too though.

My gawd you guys got Nakobe Dean. Insane value pick, who cares if hes not that big. He's a day 1 starter

• Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...