The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

>people who leave early

lol

The crowd that stayed more noise than the entirety of the previous crowd during the end. What a fun ride that game was. Poor Paul must have been having 2004 flashbacks but at least he made his field goal. I must admit I was a doubter on trying a 56 yarder instead of throwing down field with a flag happy officiating crew but Ill happily admit I was wrong!

EDIT: just to add I commend the lions on blocking off the upper bowl like the whitecaps do. It was a pretty fun atmosphere considering how boring the earlier parts of the game were.

Edited by drdeath
  • Upvote 2

No way McCallum makes that 55 yarder to put it in overtime. Loved the guy when he played here but he was way past his prime. Leone's got a cannon.

Crap low tackle by Jackson on Morrah. Don't know if we'll see him again this season. I remember when he was a tight end for the Seahawks his tenure ended early due to injury. Hopefully he recovers quick.

I don't know who decided not to go for it on the 3rd and short for the Rough Riders in OT but thanks anyway. Seemed like a Jacques Chapdelaine thing to do.

Great win by the Lions to overcome all those calls extending drives for Rough Riders late in the game. Shades of the last 2 seasons that have soured the CFL for me a little of late. The Lions seemed to be on the short end of calls in a lot of games in that time span. They did let a couple of things go in the Lions favor in this one but I think the Riders got the bulk of the calls. Should have been a horse collar tackle on Gore on the winning drive. Glad they got the win anyway.

I don't know who decided not to go for it on the 3rd and short for the Rough Riders in OT but thanks anyway. Seemed like a Jacques Chapdelaine thing to do.

I think a lot of that had to do with how epically the riders failed on third and short to seal the game in regulation. Given that, hoping your D can step up is the logical call.

Watched that game on PVR and glad that I did. Kevin Glenn, statistically, is one of the best ever... But I had a ton more confidence in a patched up Lulay with the game on the line.

Awesome game by Harris and Bighill as well. Fun to watch.

I think a lot of that had to do with how epically the riders failed on third and short to seal the game in regulation. Given that, hoping your D can step up is the logical call.

It was even shorter and the success rate of first downs under 1 yard in the CFL is what, 98.5%? With the ball starting on the 35yard line the Lions are already in field goal position so they were essentially playing for a tie barring a turnover. Terrible odds imo.

K, I've been drinking so I'm gonna keep it short.

I said it earlier but I really like the look of this team. Tedford is a real winner. Has he lost a challenge this year? He knows how to adapt. Lulay just gets better as he gets rid of the rust.

55 yard field goal. That was just amazing and clutch. Shame on people that left.

Such a weak crowd though. No wonder they closed the upper bowl, though they should have done it last season. The sails really kill the open roof view though.

A few thoughts:

Like Deb said, waaaayyy too many penalties. The Leos are going to have to address that, or it's going to be a long season. Looks like the DBs are having real trouble with the 5 yard rule. Seems to me that the answer is to stuff the receivers at the line, like they do in the NFL...

Nice to see Leone finally get to show what he can do. Up until last night, we had no idea if he he could kick for distance. I guess now we know.

Travis slowly getting his groove back. Still off a bit on his timing and overthrowing the deep balls, but he's getting there. Looks like Harris may be rounding into form as well.

I'm not sure what to think about the three man rush that MW is employing. Seems like the only time we got any real pressure on Glenn was when we blitzed. I think if you're going to drop and extra DB against Saskatchewan, you might want to assign one of them to shadow Dressler. That guy's been killing us for years...

He missed the convert on Lumbala's TD. Didn't matter in the end.

The rule change has definitely made a difference. Liram Hajrullahu has missed a few for the Bombers, and I think other teams have missed those as well, not to mention there have been more two-point tries.