The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain Talk

Joel Heyman

So any one think Lain has put a lttle distance between himself and Archibald.

Did you just judge a player based on one game?! Even in the meaningless preseason the players get evaluated over a span of several games before a decision is made...

There's no distance between those two, yet.

Did you just judge a player based on one game?! Even in the meaningless preseason the players get evaluated over a span of several games before a decision is made...

There's no distance between those two, yet.

I'm looking forward for a Sestito-Lain-Archibald 4th line next year. Could be the best 4th line we've had in quite a while, comparable to LA and BOS, and with their youth we could have them for cheap for a few years.

Still a long way to go, but it'll be interesting to see how they develop (Lain and Archie)

I have a feeling were not going to see any of our prospects go beyond the 10 game mark to preserve their ELC's for next year (unless the playoffs don't count towards the 10 game limit?). So we'll go with what we got and maybe pick up another stop gap off the waiver wire.

I have a feeling were not going to see any of our prospects go beyond the 10 game mark to preserve their ELC's for next year (unless the playoffs don't count towards the 10 game limit?). So we'll go with what we got and maybe pick up another stop gap off the waiver wire.

AHL players don't have the 10 game limit, they burn a year regardless.

He's only on a one year contract. But just resigned for 2 more. I don't know how his situation works exactly but it doesn't seem to be your standard 3 yr elc. Regardless, playing in the ahl is playing on your elc. You just make less money.

Side note, lain makes 70grand in the ahl this season or 925 000 in the nhl. Can you imagine the smile on his face when he opens his cheque from the call up time... Someone's getting the new xbox hahaha

My grandpa was laughing when he heard that Lain broke Ferguson's record. He played on men's Lacrosse team with John with his cousins when they were 17 and Ferguson was 21. Ferguson would knock anyone who messed with them unconscious and always told them about how he planned on giving hockey a try because he was sick and tired of watching stars get screwed with.

Lain impressed in his stint with the big club, I thought. He seems to have the makings of an ideal fourth line NHL center.

Not to disagree with you but he played 13:20 in 4 games. He scored a goal but I'm not sure how impressed the coaching staff was to give him less than 4 minutes a game. In his last game he played 2 minutes. Archibald earned a lot more ice time than Lain. He may impress but with that amount of ice time it's really hard to tell.

On the bright side he is hitting, generating the occasional chance, and winning draws (protected?).

He won 3 of 4 faceoffs, but here were the details:

• VAN won Neu. Zone - VAN #54 LAIN vs DET #41 GLENDENING (1st period)
  • VAN won Off. Zone - VAN #54 LAIN vs DET #43 HELM (2nd)
  • VAN won Def. Zone - VAN #54 LAIN vs DET #43 HELM (2nd)
  • DET won Off. Zone - VAN #54 LAIN vs DET #41 GLENDENING (2nd)

So faceoffs in all zones and wins against a quality center like Helm. He also had a couple hits and drew the penalty on Alfredsson in the 1st as well as a few shots.

What I think will happen is he took some time to adjust to the speed of the AHL game this year, and we'll see a similar adjustment for him at the NHL level. He'll start to be a bit more effective and maybe get more icetime as well as he proves he's capable of it.

He almost stuffed one in last night, really like what he brings to the table if he can get a little stronger on the puck and a little better on the draws.

Better on the draws? Really?

Archived