The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

How do you know Cassels is not the best of the bunch though?

8th? you have to be joking (and our 1st AND Bieksa?) has Provorov won a Cup already? Don't you think that's a gamble for a 6'-0 D?

Honestly man I don't think trading an asset like Cole AND Bieksa just to move up a few places makes good sense, It's not like we would be picking from the top 3. Cassels has DNA and I suspect he will be a standout in the NHL.

Let's stand pat and see if we can manage to snag YEVGENI SVECHNIKOV ("Incredibly skilled offensive winger. Has a remarkably accurate shot to go along with some magic hands" - 6'-3" and 205)

Dang! I actually agree with Alf this once. lol

In a 2013 re-draft, where do you guys think Cassels go?

1st round easy

Definitely first round. Cassels had a better 19-year-old year in the OHL than Gaunce did or than Shinkaruk was having before he was injured. He is performing at the level of a low first rounder, so I put him in the #20 to #30 range.His numbers are better, for example, than Klimchuck and Dickenson, who went at #28 and #29 in 2013.

And, in addition to scoring, Cassels is excellent defensively, good in the faceoff circle, and plays with intensity.

He has done extremely well for a third round pick.

Wow...impressive. Consider this: 2 home games where they can match lines, McJesus had 1 assist. 2 road games where they cannot match lines, McJesus had 2 goals and 4 helpers. 589k cap for the next 3 years if he makes the team lol

Archived