The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Very impressed by his ability to articulate and had chances to give himself a ego boost when asked about shutting down McDavid but very humble guy and gives credit where it is due.

He is going to be something special for us.

Horvat, McCann and Cassels down the middle for us for years to come is really bright for us.

We may not have that luxury. Richardson is probably looking for (and has arguably earned) a 2-3 year deal. If we don't give him one, someone else likely will.

Now we could re-sign him for 2-3 and move him/Cassels to wing for a year and/or trade Richardson... I'm just saying it's not likely to be quite as clean and simple as your example there.

I agree that Richardson deserves that kind of term and probably a significant raise, maybe to 2 mil, so yeah, it may well not happen, depending on how many other forwards walk or are dealt. But 4C is going to be an issue for us next year in that case. I'm not sold on that Province article that suggested Vey is really a defensive centre mis-cast as an offensive one, and really wouldn't want to rely on him as anything more than a 13th forward going into next year. So what do we do: leave it to one of O'Reilly, Friesen or Cassels to step up? A lot of risk there, much as I love Cassels' game.

I agree that Richardson deserves that kind of term and probably a significant raise, maybe to 2 mil, so yeah, it may well not happen, depending on how many other forwards walk or are dealt. But 4C is going to be an issue for us next year in that case. I'm not sold on that Province article that suggested Vey is really a defensive centre mis-cast as an offensive one, and really wouldn't want to rely on him as anything more than a 13th forward going into next year. So what do we do: leave it to one of O'Reilly, Friesen or Cassels to step up? A lot of risk there, much as I love Cassels' game.

Thankfully 4c's aren't difficult to trade for or find as UFA's if it comes to that. Imo we're re-signing Richardson though.

Archived