The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian not what we think he is?

Merely

I know. Kassian is a beauty. Too bad he is wasted with plugs.

he'll get his chances eventually. I expect he'll ping pong between 2nd and 3rd line for most of the year. He's been reliable in all facets of the game, I'm happy with where he is, and I look forward to watching him develop this year.

OK I'll be the first to admit that I'm no hockey guru, but can someone explain what kassian is doing wrong, because he doesn't look that bad to me. but this guys ice time is pretty low and it sort of looks like he's getting tossed into Willie's doghouse or something

I agree that it seems that way, but I really do think they are doing it right with Kass. They are bringing him along easy, free of the spotlight and free of most of the intense media glare in vancouver. Though I'd love to see him rewarded with extended periods in the top 6, he's doing well where he is and gets to be the player driving his line.......something I believe they are grooming him for.

I think he will get 20+ goals this year while not getting any top pp time. The coaching staff need to work with him to curb his brain farts and they need to advise him to stay away from chirping the refs.

I also dont think he can be a Bertuzzi-like power forward, the guy is more of a play maker a la Joe Thornton. Not saying that he will be as good as Joe but they need to exploit his passing abilities and put some guys that can snipe on his line.

Last year he was their best player down the stretch and he would have been even better if rock handed booth put away some of the golden passes he gave him.

Give the guy some time - I recall the early 2000's when people were calling to trade the sedins because they were not strong enough on the boards.

NO!!!!'

Richardson looked good tonight, why not move him to the second?

Kass was no better then anyone on his line but they all played well together let it be.

You really think Richardson has earned a shot in the top 6 over Kassian at this point? Rishardson was the one who couldn't finish the plays Kassian was setting him up for tonight. We already have enough of those guys in our top 6 if you ask me.

You really think Richardson has earned a shot in the top 6 over Kassian at this point? Rishardson was the one who couldn't finish the plays Kassian was setting him up for tonight. We already have enough of those guys in our top 6 if you ask me.

No I don't but my point is they all looked good together I couldn't pick one that looked any better then another, why move zack up, keep them together for 5 to 10 games and see if they get consistent. The line works hard it's exactly the influence zack needs.

Who was zack playing with at the end of last season when he started to play better?

No I don't but my point is they all looked good together I couldn't pick one that looked any better then another, why move zack up, keep them together for 5 to 10 games and see if they get consistent. The line works hard it's exactly the influence zack needs.

Who was zack playing with at the end of last season when he started to play better?

I think offensively Kassian was a key to that line tonight, generating some good opportunities and making some great plays. And our top 6 needs offense badly because the one line offense thing has been proven time and again to not work so well for us. If you are going to look at moving players around the lineup why would you add another hands of stone guy to the top 6 over a guy who can make some nice plays? It is about who fills the imminent need better and even people who hate Kassian cannot possibly think Richardson is "equal" to Kassian on that front.

Richardson has had a good start to the season. But moving him up not only does not help our top 6 score more it weakens our bottom 6 and our faceoff ability even more.

I think offensively Kassian was a key to that line tonight, generating some good opportunities and making some great plays. And our top 6 needs offense badly because the one line offense thing has been proven time and again to not work so well for us. If you are going to look at moving players around the lineup why would you add another hands of stone guy to the top 6 over a guy who can make some nice plays? It is about who fills the imminent need better and even people who hate Kassian cannot possibly think Richardson is "equal" to Kassian on that front.

Richardson has had a good start to the season. But moving him up not only does not help our top 6 score more it weakens our bottom 6 and our faceoff ability even more.

You missed the last part of my post, who was zack playing with at the end of last season when he started playing better?

Edit; help me out I can't recall ;)

2nd edit; lol sorry I thought you were replying to me latest post. I don't really think Richardson should go to the second FYI.

Archived