The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian not what we think he is?

Merely

The one issue I have is the fact he hasn't been given a "real" shot. Looking back, seems to me he has the shortest leash. As soon as he makes a mistakes down to the third or fourth line you go. I don't remember a time where was given quality ice time for 20 games straight or something.

The one issue I have is the fact he hasn't been given a "real" shot. Looking back, seems to me he has the shortest leash. As soon as he makes a mistakes down to the third or fourth line you go. I don't remember a time where was given quality ice time for 20 games straight or something.

If he turns out to be a bust then that's what he can tell his grandkids, he should probably leave out the part about the coaches not giving him the shot because he was lazy!!!

I'm a huge Kassian fan (even have his jersey) and of course he will not become a Lucic. Lucic is an absolute beast. Kassian is alot different than Lucic though. Kassian has smooth hands with good vision and passing which Lucic didn't have at his age. On the other hand Lucic just goes and destroys people with the body, so they both play a different style. IMO 3 or 4 years and Kassian will be a 2nd liner putting up 25 goals and 35 assists.

In my opinion Lucic is very much so over rated, his underlying stats show Boston is a better team when he's not on the ice.

Kassian hasn't put up more than 30 points in a season (29 in 73 though). He shows flashes of skill with speed and play making ability along with playing physical at times but he's been bounced around coaches lately. I don't know whether to try and get as much as we can get for him until he becomes considered a "fail" pick or wait it out for 1-2 more seasons.

Too early to hit the panic button for Kassian. I did the same thing around the 35 game mark when he only had 9 points and looked like he deserved to be in the AHL only for him to score 20 points in his final 38 games (led all Canucks in 2014) playing with David freaking Booth and Richardson on 13 minutes a night. It's a young season, have patience.

If Kassian hasn't shown any improvement by the end of the season then it's time to move on from him; another excellent trade by GM MG.

Cody Hodgson sucks too. Both teams lost the trade.

Would Cody have looked better on the Canucks? Meh, probably not, he hasn't gotten faster and is still a liability in his own zone... We would've noticed it eventually. Can't shelter him forever oon the 3rd line either.

And the speed thing is something that would never have improved even if he was on the Canucks. Liability in his own zone? Maybe, but meh, probably not.

Ok so he is 2 months away from being 23, and this is his 3rd year in the NHL.

He has bad scoring stats, and He bring HIS A- game once every 3 games.

And he is really good when he plays like that.

In a few years he will be a good power forward.

But not anything near guys like Nash, Lucic or even Bertuzzi.

I know you guys keep saying he is only 22, but Lucic was a 30 goal scorer at 22.

Will kassian be a good power forward? Yes

Will be in the leagues top 5? Maybe

Will he be what we think he will be? (some say better than Lucic) Most likely not.

Will I get flamed for this? Yes

Does Merely have an unhealthy fascination with Milan Lucic? Yes

Archived