The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Come on Gillis, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45]

Retweeted by

45]

elvis_pic_bigger.jpg

According to intel from Pitt, Canucks ownership may be holding up Kesler deal. They want the playoff dough. Will make trade in summer

If Gillis thinks we're making the playoffs then he must be smoking something. Gillis please trade Kesler now, we won't get a better deal in the off season. Teams are pushing to win the Stanley Cup, the addition of Kes is HUGE. If Kesler is still here when the clock hits noon, I'm gonna flip some bricks.

COME ON GILLIS. HAVE SOME BALLS.

Has nothing to do with Gillis, as the report indicates. Aquas would be stupid to think this team will make the playoffs. Best case scenario they get a near sell-out for two games before bowing out in the first round.

Plus, getting Kesler for 3 playoff runs (by trading him now) would fetch you more in return than trading Kesler for two playoff runs (by trading him at the draft).

Come on Gillis, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45]

Retweeted by

45]

elvis_pic_bigger.jpg

According to intel from Pitt, Canucks ownership may be holding up Kesler deal. They want the playoff dough. Will make trade in summer

If Gillis thinks we're making the playoffs then he must be smoking something. Gillis please trade Kesler now, we won't get a better deal in the off season. Teams are pushing to win the Stanley Cup, the addition of Kes is HUGE. If Kesler is still here when the clock hits noon, I'm gonna flip some bricks.

COME ON GILLIS. HAVE SOME BALLS.

Gillis can't really do anything if ownership doesn't want to pull the trade...

lol they want the playoff dough what playoff dough? assuming dallas wins their games on hand.. we are 6 points out of the playoff with 3 teams to leap frog.. didn't you literally tossed in the white flag already by trading Luongo away now instead of the end of the season? please.. just trade the whole damn team away.. we are literally last in scoring behind buffalo

If he doesn't go, we didn't get any offers worth losing him for.

i would guess its because gillis got greedy again. his supposed patience (i call greed) has cost us more then once. that or our owners are way way way to involved and that can be nothing but bad for us.

i would guess its because gillis got greedy again. his supposed patience (i call greed) has cost us more then once. that or our owners are way way way to involved and that can be nothing but bad for us.

Has nothing to do with greed. It's asset management. Unless someone overpays for Kesler the organization is better off keeping as he has more value to us as a player than a lesser return that would be nothing but somewhat appeasing CDC's ridiculous blood-lust for a trade. And even then you'd all want to hang him for "not getting enough value".

He literally couldn't win with this fan base if he traded Kesler for hockey-Jesus.

Well I think Gillis has done a pretty poor job here, the club will be stuck being mediocre for awhile instead of being bad for a couple of seasons (if played right it could have been 3 - 4 'bad' years) instead it looks like the canucks won't be good enough for the playoffs but wont be bad enough for getting a top lottery pick :(

It's not Gillis, he's a tool to what is now becoming apparent our useless ownership that wants to play be an NHL GM. We have the Charles Wang of the west. Our ownership and a lot of fans are too stupid too see that trying for a first round exit this year hurts our lang term viability, but if ownership wants to be the Calgary Flames, I guess we can't really stop them can we?

...or, maybe as a third option, the other guy was still trying to pay a lot less than what would be considered a "fair price" by the learned minds of CDC.

regards,

G.

Archived