The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G

Honeydew

having recently lost my mom, it's hard to imagine him playing in the 'fog' that lingers after losing someone close.. add to that, it's a very hard position to play on a good day, being under a microscope in a hockey crazed market like Van.. 

it really sheds some light on the mental toughness of JM.. my hat's off to him, and my heart goes out to him.. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Marky gets an extension, I wonder if he’ll start getting that Luongo love. 

He’s been playing lights out now, and carrying us a lot.

His last two games have been fantastic, but he wasn't great for his two games prior to that vs the Stars. Seems he's grasping for consistency right now. Overall, his season is still going well though, so I'm not concerned right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well he is getting plenty of practice stopping shots lately, 40+ a game.

If he still wants to stay he will want a clause and term, 6 years at 6 million and a NMC for the first 4 years, with huge signing bonuses for the first 3 years, something in the neighborhood of 8 to10 mil a season.

No meaningful talks at all.

29 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Congrats on being named to the All-star game..... :towel:

When did Markstrom get named to the all star game?

Nevermind. Just found it on TSN:

Vancouver Canucks goaltender Jacob Markstrom has been named to the 2020 NHL All-Star game in St. Louis, replacing Vegas Golden Knights netminder Marc-Andre Fleury. 

The Golden Knights said on Twitter that the team and Fleury decided he will pass on the invitation this year.  

Markstrom, 29, will suit up for Team Pacific. In 28 games this season, he has a 14-11-3 record with a .917 save percentage and 2.72 GAA. He joins teammate Elias Pettersson in being named to the All-Star game and is the sixth Canucks goaltender to be named to an All-Star game roster and the first since Roberto Luongo in 2009. 

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-goaltender-jacob-markstrom-to-replace-marc-andre-fleury-at-nhl-all-star-game-1.1422215

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:16 AM, Me_ said:

Markstrom is the undisputed number one goalie in this town. 

The Canucks have worked very hard to up their goaltending game since acquiring Luongo.

Luongo

Miller

Markstrom

Goalie coach: Ian Clark ;)

We've had two of the best goalie coaches of this generation. That's definitely helped.

Though I think Miller didn't work out with Rollie, and went back to his aggressive style

• Upvote 1