The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

Schroeder has to absolutely ditch his conservative play, and let it all hang out!

First he's got to skate his ass off every shift, not coast conservatively in a defensively safe position. Go after every puck carrier, suffocate them, make it impossible to move.

Then he's got to use his speed and puck skills offensively. That's missing even more. This boy should be grabbing the puck and flying up the ice, daring defenders to challenge him and shaking them off. Stopping and starting, changing gears and directions to create wide open lanes for his wingers. Either dishing or popping a deceptively hard shot in to keep goalies and defenders honest. That was his signature at the world juniors, but we rarely if ever see the talent which is all over his scouting report?

Schroeder has played more like a guy who does not want to get cut than one who wants to be a difference maker... No question if we don't see it soon, he's done!

Schroeder has to absolutely ditch his conservative play, and let it all hang out!

First he's got to skate his ass off every shift, not coast conservatively in a defensively safe position. Go after every puck carrier, suffocate them, make it impossible to move.

Then he's got to use his speed and puck skills offensively. That's missing even more. This boy should be grabbing the puck and flying up the ice, daring defenders to challenge him and shaking them off. Stopping and starting, changing gears and directions to create wide open lanes for his wingers. Either dishing or popping a deceptively hard shot in to keep goalies and defenders honest. That was his signature at the world juniors.

Schroeder has played more like he does not want to get cut than he wants to be a difference maker!

this is due to the canucks development philosophy.

Then he's got to use his speed and puck skills offensively. That's missing even more. This boy should be grabbing the puck and flying up the ice, daring defenders to challenge him and shaking them off. Stopping and starting, changing gears and directions to create wide open lanes for his wingers. Either dishing or popping a deceptively hard shot in to keep goalies and defenders honest. That was his signature at the world juniors, but we rarely if ever see the talent which is all over his scouting report?

Schroeder has played more like a guy who does not want to get cut than one who wants to be a difference maker... No question if we don't see it soon, he's done!

I'm putting down a poor performance by JS last season to injuries and Tortorella..I absolutely agree that he has to play his ass off this coming training camp..Even he must know ,that this could be his last kick at the can with the Canucks..

The best line Schroeder has played on is with Hansen and Raymond, he did quite well. He isn't going to put up points buried on the 4th line.

I think we will run four lines next year and JS will fit well with that model.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Higgins Kesler Schroeder *

Burrows Santorelli Hansen

Booth Matthias Kassian

Richardson*

Spare: Sestito

There is pretty much a guarantee to be one injured player, so Richardson won't be scratched out of the lineup.

I think, based on his play towards the end of the season, kassian should be on that second line. Not convinced kesler will be here either.

Although I would like to see shroeder get another chance. I just don't know how that looks

Are we able to send him back to AHL?

We can but could lose him on waivers. Personally that's what I think will happen. They'll try to send him down at the beginning of the season with the myriad of other players and hope he gets "lost in the shuffle".

Some posters seem to think he'll clear waivers. He won't.

Tas comparing Schroeder to Dalpe just screams some bias or dislike for Schroeder. Freak injuries and poor development aren't his fault. He did what his coach asked of him and broke his ankle twice blocking shots.

Maybe his new coach will have him on the PP and use him on the rush like he's accustomed to.

You're forgetting Schroeders pedigree and strength. WJ scoring record holder and amazed at his combine.

*SIDE NOTE* Any updates on him at all?

You're forgetting Schroeders pedigree and strength. WJ scoring record holder and amazed at his combine.

And has done very little since but get hurt and under-perform. That doesn't tend to earn ya a top 6 role.

That doesn't tend to earn ya a top 6 role.

I agree with that.

But, one of the first things I remember TL saying was that they want to roll 4 lines more, Which means us getting back to having 2 offensive lines and a checking line. The fourth line would have a few pk'ers. Hansen and Richardson. Everyone should be seeing 10-12 mins a game minimum.

Which means Schroder could be an offensive 3rd line winger, and used on the second unit.

Some posters seem to think he'll clear waivers. He won't.

Tas comparing Schroeder to Dalpe just screams some bias or dislike for Schroeder. Freak injuries and poor development aren't his fault. He did what his coach asked of him and broke his ankle twice blocking shots.

Maybe his new coach will have him on the PP and use him on the rush like he's accustomed to.

*SIDE NOTE* Any updates on him at all?

Tas doesn't have a lot of thought or rationale behind his posts. He posts 2 sentences max then disappears. I wouldn't put much stock into what he says until he decides to buck the trend and actually provide evidence for his own arguments.

Schroeder gets the same right to call a mulligan on last season like all Canucks. So many people under-performed by either being played in the wrong roles or getting barely any time to practice and develop. He'll get another year and we have the rest of the month to tender him a qualifying offer.

There is about zero chance he clears waivers. A first rounder who has had unfortunate injuries ( a puck hitting and breaking ankle , unlike hamstring or back issues which are mechanics) and a very cap friendly price and some outstanding history ......what team doesn't snap that up and take a chance? No way does he slip through.

The Canucks need to nurture the talent and spend time making him the player he projected to be, or trade him for something else they need, but to waive him seems to me like a waste of a pick, and waste of time already spent in development.

As fans we all want instant gratification and it just doesn't happen with all players. Some need more time and just a little luck, JS is due both!

Archived