The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Not sure about his defensive game but seems like one thing he really has to work on is his endurance. Has to be difficult when your 6'7'' to maintain a high compete level and he'll have to work harder than most. (I'm basing this off the Grouse Grind story where Gaunce had to literally push him up the mountain at times).

Speaks volumes for Gaunce running up the grind while pushing a giant up haha

yeah it was pretty funny watching that video. I'm loving gaunce more and more he could be a steal at where he was drafted if he can work on that acceleration. Edited by messier's_elbow

that sounds like a pretty dumb rule.

Eye of the beholder. Datszuk, I truly admire but the list peters out quickly. Federov for a stretch but he had Yzerman who was the real core. More often the Russian player can be disruptive. Canuck core should be western Canadians.

Tryamkin makes less than 1.3 million. Shirokov makes 2.3 and still came over.

Highest paid dman in the KHL makes 3.1 million - Evgeny Medvedev. And he puts up a decent number of points.

Even if we had to go 1 year at 1.5 million for Tryamkin it would be worth it to see what he can do. We aren't going to have to break the bank.

• Upvote 1

Tryamkin makes less than 1.3 million. Shirokov makes 2.3 and still came over.

Highest paid dman in the KHL makes 3.1 million - Evgeny Medvedev. And he puts up a decent number of points.

Even if we had to go 1 year at 1.5 million for Tryamkin it would be worth it to see what he can do. We aren't going to have to break the bank.

We would have to sign him to an entry level contract with would be under 1 million per year.

I am not exactly sure what your point about his KHL contract is but if he is making 1.3 million in the KHL it is tax free. Essentially the difference would by having 1.3 million (KHL) vs 565,000 (NHL).

We would have to sign him to an entry level contract with would be under 1 million per year.

I am not exactly sure what your point about his KHL contract is but if he is making 1.3 million in the KHL it is tax free. Essentially the difference would by having 1.3 million (KHL) vs 565,000 (NHL).

Bonus.

3.1 million would be quite easy to make if your a top 4 D man in this league. Basically after his entry level contract assuming he was any good he would make at least 1.5 million up to 3.0 million which would more than make up for his pay in the KHL.

3.1 million would be quite easy to make if your a top 4 D man in this league. Basically after his entry level contract assuming he was any good he would make at least 1.5 million up to 3.0 million which would more than make up for his pay in the KHL.

Making 3 million in the NHL is the equivalent to making 1.65 million in the KHL.

Imagine what money Ovechkin would make in the KHL. Not comparing Nikita to Ovechkin but just an example.

Sometimes (aside Ilya) it ain't about money or staying home. This is the league to be in if you want to be known for playing hockey.

I don't see him not willing to come over here after his KHL contract.

Imagine what money Ovechkin would make in the KHL. Not comparing Nikita to Ovechkin but just an example.

Sometimes (aside Ilya) it ain't about money or staying home. This is the league to be in if you want to be known for playing hockey.

I don't see him not willing to come over here after his KHL contract.

Lets hope he's willing to come over and give a shot at the best leauge on the planet.

Kiril Koltsov. Remember him? Superstar in the making. Literally wasted his career in Russia.

that said he has a lot of work ahead of him.

• Upvote 1

His endurance isn't that bad...

Due to his size and weight it takes a considerable amount more energy to move his giant ass up a mountain compared to an average sized person. Which is also a completely different type of activity when compared to skating.

Lets hope he's willing to come over and give a shot at the best leauge on the planet.

Kiril Koltsov. Remember him? Superstar in the making. Literally wasted his career in Russia.

Totally spot on. Definitely remember him.

I'm hopeful that Russians will take Koltsov as an example of that and use it as a reason to not stay in the KHL without pushing towards the best league out there.

wasted? Getting paid very well to play hockey in his home country is wasted?

• Upvote 3

Have you ever been to Russia? .. thought not .. :lol:

Ever been rich in Russia? You can have a pretty good time if you have some money to throw around.

Ufa is a pretty cool place too. I'd much rather be there than Magnitogorsk or Chelyabinsk. Moscow and St Petersburg have their own drawbacks as well.