The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 1h

RT @patersonjeff: 36 players scheduled to attend #Canucks prospects camp. All recent picks including Russian giant Tryamkin on roster

YES!!! Can't wait to see him in action. Also does anyone remember if they do scrimmages at the prospect camp and live stream them?

they have the last two years for sure. hoping they will do that again.
  • Upvote 4

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 1h

RT @patersonjeff: 36 players scheduled to attend #Canucks prospects camp. All recent picks including Russian giant Tryamkin on roster

YES!!! Can't wait to see him in action. Also does anyone remember if they do scrimmages at the prospect camp and live stream them?

Oh man, I can't wait to see the kid!

Even though he is a 3rd round pick I think Tryamkin is the player I would be most interested in seeing at the prospects camp. From the sounds of scouting reports and a few quick clips he seems to have a fairly high level of speed and athleticism. I love the fact he attended the draft and is attending camp, I think it shows commitment to make the NHL. At worst he is probably a 7/8 guy who plays for a year, but at best he could be one of the draft steals.

Even though he is a 3rd round pick I think Tryamkin is the player I would be most interested in seeing at the prospects camp. From the sounds of scouting reports and a few quick clips he seems to have a fairly high level of speed and athleticism. I love the fact he attended the draft and is attending camp, I think it shows commitment to make the NHL. At worst he is probably a 7/8 guy who plays for a year, but at best he could be one of the draft steals.

I believe he was attending a training camp in New England ....so he was in the area....already. The Canucks spoke to him a week before the draft...so I think he had an idea some thing was coming down....good for him

Go behind closed doors the morning of the 2014 NHL Draft as the Vancouver Canucks scouts and management interview their future third round pick, Nikita Tryamkin.

Thanks for sharing this!!!

This shows how much Benning really cares about his late round selections. I just feel warm and fuzzy watching this. They obviously got all the info on this kid that they would have ever wanted. It's excellent to know that we don't take "shot at the dark" type of picks without knowing everything about them and their intentions (especially if it's a Russian).

Go behind closed doors the morning of the 2014 NHL Draft as the Vancouver Canucks scouts and management interview their future third round pick, Nikita Tryamkin.

Thanks Vintage...

Two immediate impressions out of this video...Jim Benning is firmly in charge...Tryamkin is a monster -- see the tree trunks for arms the kid's got? Wow.

Thanks Vintage...

Two immediate impressions out of this video...Jim Benning is firmly in charge...Tryamkin is a monster -- see the tree trunks for arms the kid's got? Wow.

and he still looks skinny in his frame on the ice.