The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why is everyone putting so much emphasis on Tryamkins point production. There's more to playing defense than that.

Its great if you have someone who can run the powerplay and put up points, but its also important to have someone who can clear the net on the penalty kill, box people out and punish them in the corners.

I'll be pretty happy if he is just really hard to play against in our own zone and shuts people down.

Totally agree with you VC,.  What happened to everyone enjoying the game of a great hard checking, take the puck and transit Dman.   ??   There needs to be the BOB BAUN AWARD for D.  Man used to take and dish to stop puck progression..  A good D award is NOT about points.   Tryamkin is all about that..  And he has been getting pp time in front of net as he is far too much to move and far bigger than most big G tenders.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

He's pulling your leg, bud. :lol:

Yaaaa .. I actually tried to erase my reply as soon as i posted it..  That caught me with one eye closed and my knife in the toaster this morning.. 

Cant wait til April 1st ;)  #PayBack.

13 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why is everyone putting so much emphasis on Tryamkins point production. There's more to playing defense than that.

Its great if you have someone who can run the powerplay and put up points, but its also important to have someone who can clear the net on the penalty kill, box people out and punish them in the corners.

I'll be pretty happy if he is just really hard to play against in our own zone and shuts people down.

Every year we watch opposition teams lining up in front of the goalies as well as crashing into them.  Other than Biega, the dmen just stand beside them or try to control the puck away from the net.

I am soooooo hoping that this guy or Pedan will take care of that problem.

• Upvote 2

Avto has lost road game 5 last night with score 4-2 and is one step away from playoff elimination. Tryamkin played 17:40 with +0, 1 blocked shot, no hits or shots. Looks like his injury is finally affecting his minutes, he definitely needs medical evaluation by the Canucks staff after the playoffs...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto has lost road game 5 last night with score 4-2 and is one step away from playoff elimination. Tryamkin played 17:40 with +0, 1 blocked shot, no hits or shots. Looks like his injury is finally affecting his minutes, he definitely needs medical evaluation by the Canucks staff after the playoffs...

obviously it is a playable injury but why doesnt he sit the last game out instead of risking it? If he intends to sign a nhl deal, would show he cares about his health and long term nhl career over an elimination game likely his last in the khl

34 minutes ago, Yotes said:

obviously it is a playable injury but why doesnt he sit the last game out instead of risking it? If he intends to sign a nhl deal, would show he cares about his health and long term nhl career over an elimination game likely his last in the khl

He is excited to be in playoffs, he is playing for his home team in his home city. NHL is so far away in his mind right now...

• Upvote 1

I hope we get the big Russian signed and into the NHL next year. I would be leary of giving him a one way deal though. If he can accept a two way that would be perfect. I think Pedan has earned his stripes and deserves to be on the big club next year. Tryamkin can learn his trade in Utica for one year and then hopefully in 2017 make the jump to the NHL. 

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

With the wing span on that boy he should easily cover half the ice on any rush! Smaller ice amps up his effectiveness. Would love to see him next year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when given the chance yesterday on 1040 JB made complimentary  comments about Larson in the KHL suggesting he has a chance to make the team next year .....co comment about Tryamkin

I think the only bright spots on our D this year are  Hutton, Biegga, Bartowski, Sbisa, and even Pedan for the lone game he appeared in (on D).

Everyone else has leveled their play,. Including Tanev, who might be worth dealing to NYI for Hamonic if possible or Florida for rights to RFA Gudbranson.

time for the re-vamp to help our forward core .. Tryamkin, Pedan, Larsen.. All look promising for next year. Also keeping an eye out for David Sheilds signed a PTO with Utica , he was buried in the St Louis System .. apparently been looking good under Coach TG.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when given the chance yesterday on 1040 JB made complimentary  comments about Larson in the KHL suggesting he has a chance to make the team next year .....co comment about Tryamkin

Well, he was being asked about his recent deals vs previous draft picks so it's not a surprise he talked about Larsen.