The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Definitely Nikita would come to the defense of his teammates too.  

You think so?  From what I recall, he hated being expected to be nasty and/or fight.

I do agree he would help this team.  We badly need his physicality since Guddy left.  (And even with him in the lineup for that matter)

If he does come back, I cant see him being given prime ice time until he proves he deserves it.  I feel Green would insist on pushing him, which seems to be his bone of contention.

If both sides could work it out, I would be all for taking him back.  Size like his while still being so mobile is pretty rare.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kloubek said:

You think so?  From what I recall, he hated being expected to be nasty and/or fight.

I do agree he would help this team.  We badly need his physicality since Guddy left.  (And even with him in the lineup for that matter)

If he does come back, I cant see him being given prime ice time until he proves he deserves it.  I feel Green would insist on pushing him, which seems to be his bone of contention.

If both sides could work it out, I would be all for taking him back.  Size like his while still being so mobile is pretty rare.

I remmeber Nikita being surprised by this needing to fight stuff too.  However, he did defend his teammates on several occasions here, as he learned how important it was, and how good he was at it.  He's been really good at standing up for his teammates in the KHL too.  I think he was more surprised by the need to fight here, than anything. 

I would think he would pound anyone who did what has happened to Petey twice this year.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

From what I recall, he hated being expected to be nasty and/or fight

Then he is a great player. Only chickens fight instead of playing hockey. A clean hit stops everyone and the nasty players only prove they're worthless when they can't tackle. 

Avto lost the first game in second round of playoffs. Their first loss this playoff season. 

Wish big Trym best in playoffs , as he’s warming up getting really for Canucks. Hopefully he’s in a Canucks uni soon.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Upvote 2

I have this feeling like there's a better chance of Tryamkin joining the Canucks next season then we think. To date, he has honoured his contracts, but why I think there's a chance he'll buy himself out of his last year of his KHL contract:

- Canucks considered pursuading Hughes to join them after the Juniors tourney, recognizing his team would be left without him to finish the season, so they may try to also pursue Tryamkin this offseason and tempt him with signing bonuses

- Canucks let Guddy go without much of a contingency plan for toughness on D, aside from picking up aging Schenn, almost like there is a bigger plan in place to get Tryamkin back this off season

- Tryamkin probably hasn't been thrilled with ice time this season, and has probably matured a bit more to realize he needs to be back in the NHL and the time is right to get ice time under Green.

How sweet would a Tryamkin / Hughes pairing look next season?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I have this feeling like there's a better chance of Tryamkin joining the Canucks next season then we think. To date, he has honoured his contracts, but why I think there's a chance he'll buy himself out of his last year of his KHL contract:

- Canucks considered pursuading Hughes to join them after the Juniors tourney, recognizing his team would be left without him to finish the season, so they may try to also pursue Tryamkin this offseason and tempt him with signing bonuses

- Canucks let Guddy go without much of a contingency plan for toughness on D, aside from picking up aging Schenn, almost like there is a bigger plan in place to get Tryamkin back this off season

- Tryamkin probably hasn't been thrilled with ice time this season, and has probably matured a bit more to realize he needs to be back in the NHL and the time is right to get ice time under Green.

How sweet would a Tryamkin / Hughes pairing look next season?

Tryamkin and Hughes would immediately be our best top pair ever.  My God!  Make it happen JB.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It would be east meets west. Rocky iv pairing.

Tryamkin has 12 points in 46 games in a league where Philip Holm and Philip Larsen were all stars and Nigel Dawes is 2nd in scoring.  I want him to be great too, but I don't think he will displace Edler or Tanev "immediately "

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tryamkin has 12 points in 46 games in a league where Philip Holm and Philip Larsen were all stars and Nigel Dawes is 2nd in scoring.  I want him to be great too, but I don't think he will displace Edler or Tanev "immediately "

I’m hoping either or both of AE / CT are gone next season..  but regardless, I think NT could displace one or the other inside half a season..  

probably the half season that either those 2 are out in IR. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Avto lost the first game in second round of playoffs. Their first loss this playoff season. 

Wish big Trym best in playoffs , as he’s warming up getting really for Canucks. Hopefully he’s in a Canucks uni soon.

The final score was 0-1 and Tryamkin played the team most minutes 23:07.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tryamkin is not a scorer.  But to me, that isn't what we would be bringing him in for.  He is a role player - there to give huge hits and protect our smaller, younger guys.

And if Tryamkin ever did find his scoring game, all the better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If there's any way we could entice him back this summer it would be fantastic IMO and likely mean we'd have less need to spend large cap space and term on an older guy like Myers.

With Edler back though, minutes might be tough if both Hughes and Hutton are also here.  He could play the other side if we only go with Tanev and Stecher, but that still makes him third-pairing.

31 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

With Edler back though, minutes might be tough if both Hughes and Hutton are also here.  He could play the other side if we only go with Tanev and Stecher, but that still makes him third-pairing.

Or trade Tanev...

Both he and Hughes can play right side

Edited by aGENT

21 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Totally different role this year on a team loaded with D’s.  Last year he was 9g 16a 25 puts in 51 games playing the most minutes on the D.  Neither Larsen nor Holm do what Tryamkin does defensively.  Totally not a valid comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1