The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 hours ago, smokes said:

This guy is going to be a 6 million dollar defenceman. The way he adjusted to the NHL in such a short time to the way he manhandled some of the opposing players. With a little more work on his shot and accuracy, he's a future number one pairing defenceman,

A great start last year but the sample is small. Cannot wait to see how he comes out of the gate this fall. I assuming he will be paired with Sbisa. Gudbranson could really help this kid. I'm not a big fan of the KHL but his time there will be a big help in his development. He is a NHL rookie but hardly a rookie.

21 hours ago, TheRocket18 said:

10349742_534531653323249_1184675929_n.jp

This is not, repeat Not, a good sign for us...  Hmmm would I rather be in the wieght room..... Or...

21 hours ago, leomessi said:

Can;t sit in the weight room for 24 hours of the day.... dudes allowed to do other things

Emphasis on the "do."

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:07 AM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Y'all are scandalous ahaha. I think I just heard Willie or Benning in an interview saying they know Try's been putting in work this summer. He's posted a couple pics on instagram of him in the gym and from some summer league or something that he skated in (need @Stierlitz for the translation! ). 

Yeah according to his Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/nikita_tryamkin88/ Nikita participated in the Andrey Petrakov mini-tournament in Yekaterinburg in June and his team won the 1st place. Andrey Petrakov played for Avto and passed away 3 years ago. This is an unofficial tournament with local players from KHL, MHL. Teams play just one period of 20 minutes with each other. There are a lot of pictures in his Instagram page including him in gym but I am not able to post them here...

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, smokes said:

This guy is going to be a 6 million dollar defenceman. The way he adjusted to the NHL in such a short time to the way he manhandled some of the opposing players. With a little more work on his shot and accuracy, he's a future number one pairing defenceman,

I sure hope so smokes. Looks like we just drafted a partner for him in Juolevi. 

JB has a plan. 

Juolevi Tryamkin

Hutton  Gudbranson. 

Not sure Tryamkin can be a top pair Dman, particularly being left handed, but if he does, Juolevi will only have that much more time and space to do his thing. 

Either way it's an exciting time to be a Canucks fan. We have a lot of young kids to follow and see how they turn out. 

Growing the plant brings just as much joy as eating the fruit from it. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2016 at 10:35 AM, Boudrias said:

A great start last year but the sample is small. Cannot wait to see how he comes out of the gate this fall. I assuming he will be paired with Sbisa. Gudbranson could really help this kid. I'm not a big fan of the KHL but his time there will be a big help in his development. He is a NHL rookie but hardly a rookie.

I agree. It's going to be very interesting. I love his physical play but he really needs to develop his foot work. Once he gains confidence in his abilities and gets used to the smaller ice surface, the sky's the limit for this kid. 

I would think he'd be hard to go wide against...his skating, wingspan and his experience of wide rinks would only help him...now he's closer to the boards with less to protect....it's going to be interesting watching McDavid try going wide on him....It might end with a splat to the glass.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I would think he'd be hard to go wide against...his skating, wingspan and his experience of wide rinks would only help him...now he's closer to the boards with less to protect....it's going to be interesting watching McDavid try going wide on him....It might end with a splat to the glass.

When he squeezes somebody out along the boards they're going to feel it. I think we'll see a few forwards stopping at the blue line and throwing it in instead.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

I wish they'd do a prospect summer update on him. There's so many intriguing prospects, and how this summer will help or hold back some of them. 

Agreed. The last thing I remember hearing was that he was going to Russia to get married and then coming back out here to train. Training with an NHL club for most of the offseason suggests good things to come for next year, but I want to see some progress for personal hype purposes.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Agreed. The last thing I remember hearing was that he was going to Russia to get married and then coming back out here to train. Training with an NHL club for most of the offseason suggests good things to come for next year, but I want to see some progress for personal hype purposes.

Totally agree as well. 

One thing I thought regarding Tryamkin, as far as how serious he is to play in a North American market, would be the progression of his English. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be equally as stoked if he showed up next year in great shape, and with some solid English foundation. Would show me a lot of work had been put in to be the most effective all around. 

17 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Basically why I follow any Canucks social media at all

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, HockeyHarry said:

And then slapping Lucic around like a red-headed step child, when Milan comes to defend his buddy.

Tryankin looks too have incredible strength...Giant man strength...some guys with body builder looks ,aren't very strong and you would think they would be....Tryankin is I guess just Naturally strong...Lumber Jake strong.

Can't wait til hockey starts.   Battle of Lucic  (Gudbranson ,Tryankin) 

i think Lucic will start keeping his big beak shut when he's on the ice....til Lucic is buyout next summer.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Upvote 1

I think it's great that we're high on Tryamkin. I agree he'll be interesting to watch, yet we need to keep our expectations and reality in check when talking Tryampkin. 

Our defence may take a bit to get used to each other but people will be crowing about the great job JB gas done when the defense becomes a nightmare to play against . 

I not only look forward to Vancouver pounding Lucic but most teams on the west.

He'll be watching for more than Tryamkin over his shoulder.

I got off topic a bit but in thinking Lucic is gonna have a rough ride over the length  of his contract.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:24 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes I think Tryamkin and Gudbranson will be our twin towers back there...plus if somehow Pedan can make the 7th spot we'd be a snarly bunch in our own end for sure. (with Sbisa as an afterthought lol)

Not unusual but IMO Tanev enters the season with the least amount of questions about what he brings. Edler is whether he can regain a +40 season; Hutton: can he continue his development and be a true ozone performer; Sbisa: can he progress and anchor his #5 spot; Tryamkin, Larson and Pedan: who breaks out and claims #6; Gudbranson: not having seen much of his play I am wondering how complete a game he brings. Florida let him go for McCann which is a red flag in my mind. #3 overall. Is he simply a physical presence or does he have that first pass that fans talk about.

My guesstitmate:

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Sbisa

Larsen - Pedan*    Pedan ends up in Utica  

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, aqua59 said:

I think it's great that we're high on Tryamkin. I agree he'll be interesting to watch, yet we need to keep our expectations and reality in check when talking Tryampkin. 

Fans will do what fans do. No sense in trying to corral people's ideas on the subject.

Nikita looks to be an impressive defenseman who's more than just a massive player. Based on how hard things have come for this team in the last couple of seasons, being excited about players is a good thing.

Our defence may take a bit to get used to each other but people will be crowing about the great job JB gas done when the defense becomes a nightmare to play against . 

Based on how poorly the defense performed last year, any improvement is welcome. And Benning has most definitely improved it. He's added some exceptional size and strength to the corps, that will make a difference, while keeping a keen eye on developing and protecting younger multi-faceted players.

I not only look forward to Vancouver pounding Lucic but most teams on the west.

Same. The change in how the Ducks approached the Canucks in the last meeting of last season was clearly noticeable. Same with the Kings and Sharks. Adding an established beast like Gudbranson will only serve to further this new and improved reputation.

He'll be watching for more than Tryamkin over his shoulder.

I got off topic a bit but in thinking Lucic is gonna have a rough ride over the length  of his contract.

Totally. Lucic isn't the same threat to teams he used to be. He's still a fearsome player, but his impact is lessened against the Canucks due to the large beasts interspersed in the improved blue line. I think Lucic made his decision based on his man crush on McDavid, although seeing as how both players have far differing foot speed, it will be hard to see how parallel Lucic's impact will be on McDavid's "safety".

• Upvote 1