The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Taking anything Botchford says is a stretch IMHO. I do not think for a moment that Desjardin was trying to turn Tryamkin into a goon. More physical, yes. Nothing wrong with that. 

No kidding (on both points).

Encouraging him to use some of his Gordie-given size and be more aggressive is not 'bad coaching'. The guy's huge, he SHOULD use that to his advantage, along with his skating, reach etc. 

The future of the Canucks defense is so bright that Tryamkin might have killed his NHL career by going back to Russia.

If he comes back in two seasons after his KHL contract runs out, he will have to compete with further seasoned NHL players in Hutton, Stetcher and Pouliot, whatever veterans are still here in Elder, Tanev, Del Zotto and Gudbranson, and whoever jumps into the lineup based on merit; players like Brisebois, Holm, Cederholm and Subban who should all be knocking on the door.

That’s a lot of people to compete with.

Edited by Me_

With today’s performance, Tryamkin enters the top-5 of the KHL’s defenseman scoring race.

He’s also 2nd in the KHL in +/- (+18) and 4th overall in hits (83).

EDIT: Also noticed that he’s traded in his “A” to wear the “C” for Avto. Not sure when he was elevated to the team’s captain (I know he was definitely still an assistant in October).

Tryamkin’s full stats line today is really something:

24:59 TOI, 2 goals (both even strength), 1 assist, 3 points, +3, 5 SOG, 4 hits, 1 block, 0 PIM, 1 penalty drawn 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos (or maybe I have late onset dyslexia)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I think Tryamkin, had he stayed in Vancouver, would have likely played his way into 2nd pairing ES minutes, regular duties with one of the main PK groups, and possibly some 2nd unit PP this season.

He’d also have done a lot to alleviate some of the concerns about toughness/physicality and controlling the front of the net, especially in the games when Gudbranson has been out of the lineup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Derp... said:

It stings, but it's also a good sign that he might want to try and win a championship in the NHL one day. Clearly the Sedins had a big impact on him as a player. 

Yeah, I feel like his public comments are more positive than negative, in terms of his chances of returning to Vancouver one day. And the little bits of chatter I pick up through the grapevine give me reason to remain fairly optimistic.

On the other hand, his emergence as a legitimate #1D in the KHL, and his elevation to team captain, just add more reasons for him to stay in his homeland (in addition to his family ties and nationalism).

As well as the likelihood that Avto (and several other KHL teams) will probably be more than ready to open up the chequebook when his current contract expires.

So we’ll have to see. 

He was p.o.ed 

he even called with goldobin found this tid bit .tryamkin quote 

I believe Willie cost us this kid (tryamkin)with his love for garbage like Larsen.

From the provies

68B0D232-5EF1-4302-B053-DD66D04EBDA7.png

Tryamkin:

“I didn’t come home for the money. It was because I want to play. Play a lot. I get ice time here, and they trust me. That wasn’t the case in Vancouver. ”

Willie sure screwed this club up. 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, combover said:

He was p.o.ed 

he even called with goldobin found this tid bit .tryamkin quote 

I believe Willie cost us this kid (tryamkin)with his love for garbage like Larsen.

68B0D232-5EF1-4302-B053-DD66D04EBDA7.png

While I don’t think coaching was the only reason he left, I agree that it’s pretty much undeniable that his relationship with Willie and the staff was the push that put him over the edge toward deciding to return to Russia. 

Tryamkin is a pretty reserved guy, but he’s made several public comments that both directly and indirectly implicate Desjardins and his assistants. And he was positively effusive (at least for him) in his praise for Travis Green and the new hirings and management’s decision to basically clean house on the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

While I don’t think coaching was the only reason he left, I agree that it’s pretty much undeniable that his relationship with Willie and the staff was the push that put him over the edge toward deciding to return to Russia. 

Tryamkin is a pretty reserved guy, but he’s made several public comments that both directly and indirectly implicate Desjardins and his assistants. And he was positively effusive (at least for him) in his praise for Travis Green and the new hirings and management’s decision to basically clean house on the coaching staff.

Don't recall him saying anything about Lidster?  He was probably the one he spent the most time with.

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Don't recall him saying anything about Lidster?  He was probably the one he spent the most time with.

Not directly, at least by name (that I can recall anyway). And I’m not sure he’s ever been asked to make a specific comment on his experiences with Lidster. Hard to say whether or not that relationship was a sour one in itself, or if it was more of a top down thing, and that Lidster and Tryamkin would actually worked well together had they been getting directives from another head coach. I imagine we’ll never know for sure.

40 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Quite honestly, having listened to and read quotes from Tryamkin, I wouldn't trust a word that came out of his self entitled mouth. 

He showed his real character by his childish reaction to the Club's suggestion that he got fit while playing in Utica DESPITE the fact that he thought it was ok for him to turn up after the summer out of condition. Do you really think that was the contract conditions Benning and management thought they were signing up to?

The bottom line and the one that should concern you imo is Tryamkin obviously didn't see himself as any kind of intimidating factor, unlike his hero Chara. In that respect he put himself above the team and "apparently" the coach.

How ironic I am writing this on the day a character guy like DD hangs up his skates. Maybe if you want an honest opinion on WD you should ask Dorsett.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, b3. said:

Thanks Willie :rolleyes:

It's not you who should be thanking Willie it's Tryamkin who should be thanking Willie and moreso Lidster. 

Does he really think it was an accident that he came to this team a raw and unfulfilled project who hadn't done very much in the KHL and returned just over a year later to become one of it's dominating stars?