The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

58 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

Totally agree.  Don’t care where a guy is from.  Just want him to play the right way.  

• Burr 1
14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I didn’t know Jamie Benn and others played in the AHL ;)

There’s a couple / three of 88’s in this mix too,

sorry couldn’t find any from the AHL Rob.

The opposition wasn't the issue.

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... it was weeks ago tas..

sleeping under a bridge again?

haven't quite made it the adverb unit of grade 5 English class yet? I asked where, not when.

and no, I'm not tuned in to every little piece of gossip about this borderline nhl player. 

10 hours ago, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

nationality has nothing to do with it. a willingness to earn it and not sulk in the meantime is the difference. 

opportunity is earned though practice and preparation, with good, professional habits, not by being big and skating ok. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

18 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sulking, diva, doesn't want to earn his minutes? Sounds like projection to me.

I heard about the team trying to bully him into signing a new contract in this thread, as did the other fans who are interested in him. The information was posted by one of the Russian speaking fans who provides us with information about our Russian prospects.

If you wanted to actually know what is going on with him, rather than just spouting nonsense to put him down, you could read this thread too. But I am not holding my breath on that.

if that ∆ was what you're talking about, come on man ... some random person on the internet *THINKS* something happened, seemingly based on no actual info, and we're going to run with it?

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if that ∆ was what you're talking about, come on man ... some random person on the internet *THINKS* something happened, seemingly based on no actual info, and we're going to run with it?

That "random person" speaks Russian and actually follows what is written in the Russian media about our prospects. The information he provides has been consistently high quality and is invariably very plausible.

When I read anything, I consider the credibility of the source. That source has earned a very high degree of credibility. You, on the other hand, someone who acknowledges that they don't pay any attention to what is going on with Tram...

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

That "random person" speaks Russian and actually follows what is written in the Russian media about our prospects. The information he provides has been consistently high quality and is invariably very plausible.

When I read anything, I consider the credibility of the source. That source has earned a very high degree of credibility. You, on the other hand, someone who acknowledges that they don't pay any attention to what is going on with Tram...

if he wants to link a resource that corroborates his belief, I'm all ears. until then, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, and tryamkin pulled the exact same nonsense in Vancouver. 

6 hours ago, tas said:

haven't quite made it the adverb unit of grade 5 English class yet? I asked where, not when.

and no, I'm not tuned in to every little piece of gossip about this borderline nhl player. 

.. for a “school teacher”  , your dont seem up to date.

... and for this player being someone that doesn’t interest you, your crappy two bit comments “peg” you as the troll you can be.

if my vocabulary or “punk-tuation” offends or helps you feel academically superior, then your at a level of “pathetic” I have never seen before.   Thank you.

Edited by SilentSam
15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. for a “school teacher”  , your never really up to date on anything except who scored the last goal..

... and for something doesn’t that interest you, your crappy two bit comments “peg” you as the troll you can be.

what other things have I not been "up to date" on? also, if "up to date" in this context means having my beliefs informed by the conjecture of a fan, I'll happily be behind the times. 

14 hours ago, tas said:

well, considering he's currently in the exact same situation, sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes, I'd say don't hold your breath ...

yup, diva.

where'd you hear that?

That’s the problem , you are behind the times..  and this is the conjecture you offer.

30 minutes ago, tas said:

if he wants to link a resource that corroborates his belief, I'm all ears. until then, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, and tryamkin pulled the exact same nonsense in Vancouver. 

He posted a number of points, one of which was opinion, a couple of which were logical conclusions, the rest being verifiable facts that support his opinion.

He often does post links to his sources, but they tend to be in Russian, which Google translate struggles to deal with.

What "exact same nonsense" are you referring to? Tram's belief that both he and his team should feel obligated to honour their contracts? 

Where exactly does this "sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes" come from? Where is your "link to a resource that corroborates (your) belief?"

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I just want to say that posting hit/physical compilations doesn't do much to prove he's an NHL defenseman. If we wanted a big, scary face puncher we would have kept Gudrbanson. 

Finding clips of him defending within the zone, off the rush, using his reach, etc. would mean far more to evaluating his NHL defensive capabilities than him simply hitting people.  

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I just want to say that posting hit/physical compilations doesn't do much to prove he's an NHL defenseman. If we wanted a big, scary face puncher we would have kept Gudrbanson. 

Finding clips of him defending within the zone, off the rush, using his reach, etc. would mean far more to evaluating his NHL defensive capabilities than him simply hitting people.  

His last three seasons have been posted here quite well..

there are 2 resources on Twitter that post hi lites Vids weekly .

You won’t find everything thing here, but if your interested it’s not hard to find.

National Post January 23, 2020:

Jim Benning would love to have defenceman Nikita Tryamkin back on his roster.

The question for the Vancouver Canucks’ general manager is: how?

There’s likely to be one if not two open spots on the Canucks’ roster next summer. Oscar Fantenberg will be out of a contract and then there’s the Troy Stecher/Chris Tanev dilemma — it’s unlikely the Canucks will be able to retain both right-shot blue-liners.

The left-shooting Tryamkin can play both sides of the ice. One presumes that Fantenberg’s spot would be taken by Olli Juolevi, who is enjoying a solid season with the Utica Comets, even if observers believe he still needs to improve his gap control.

On the right side, there could be an opening either for Brogan Rafferty, who has a one-way deal next season — meaning that if the Canucks were to reassign him to the AHL next fall, he’d get paid the same as if he were in the NHL — or, were he to sign, Tryamkin.

As things stand, there appears to be strong interest from Tryamkin’s camp in returning to the NHL.

The Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s NHL rights as he wrap up a season in the KHL, and his agent says his client looks at the current state of the club “positively.”

“We feel Nikita can play for any club in the NHL,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said via text message. “Vancouver has his exclusive NHL rights, he is familiar with the city, ownership, management and staff, and we will engage in talks after Nikita’s KHL season.

“The team and coaching staff is much different from when Nikita was last in Vancouver and we view that very positively.”

The big Russian defenceman is under contract with the KHL’s Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg through the end of the 2019-20 season.

“Obviously he’s on our reserve list,” Benning said Thursday morning. “Our pro scouts continue to watch and keep tabs on him. When his season is over and his contract is up, I’ll speak with Todd.”

“Nikita is a guy we know can play in the league. He’s a good skater for his size and he can make a good first pass.”

Benning and his pro scouts held meetings last week in Vancouver, taking stock of the players they may want to add to their roster, should the opportunity arise.

The team’s stock of looming free agents was also part of the discussion.

“We have some decisions to make from now until the end of the year,” he said.

"Oh Nicky you're so fine, you can play on our team anytime, 

Oh Nicky, Oh Nicky."

Fearlessly following up on my much-maligned:

"Nicky come back

You don't want to stay too  long

Willie D was wrong,

And we just can't win it all without you."

30 days to Feb 27...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

we shouldn't be sleeping on Breezer either.  I think he's on the big club as the 7th dman next season and OJ is the number one guy in Utica for another season.

Edler        Myers

Hughes    Tanev/Stetch

Try            Rafferty

Breezer

Honestly think stetcher is gone by next season. His work ethic and passion is strong but the team doesn't have room for two undersized dmen (Hughes being the other one, who obviously is going nowhere as he's a cornerstone of this team) would gladly take tryamkin to fill in stretchers spot. We need more size and snarl if this team is to have success in the playoffs, stetcher as tenacious as he is doesn't intimidate anyone.

• Upvote 1
On 1/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Well, if it is true that he is disillusioned with his present team because they tried to bully him into signing a contract extension and lowered his icetime when he refused, I don't blame him. 

I think he is more disappointed they lost last year after winning their leagues 'presidents trophy'. that team was a lock to make the finals but got beat down by bigger forwards.

The captaincy was a no brainer, Dawes is their scoring leader (preferred choice over a D man) and was always in line for the C. Tryamkin is playing with jump and energy and delivered great hits the last two games i saw this week. He's not playing like he's sulking. I think there are some critics throwing shade as he heads out the door.

I think the opposite is true that Tryamkin is ENVISIONING with the idea of returning to the Canucks.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1