Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

That's why they're behind a paywall right?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...

I'd have trouble paying you 73% of a dollar for that :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

I read that article. Definitely a couple red flags. For those who don't subscribe, basically whats playing out in Russia is the same thing that played out when he came to Van. He's unhappy with his ice time and usage and that's the main factor in wanting a return to the NHL. Not sure how he thinks he's going to get better ice time in a superior league, but that's literally what his agent said in the article.

And for what it's worth, The Athletic puts out good content. Their subscriber model allows them to tailor content to the reader, rather than conforming to the will of their sponsors. It's far less click-baity and far more insightful imo.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

I read that article. Definitely a couple red flags. For those who don't subscribe, basically whats playing out in Russia is the same thing that played out when he came to Van. He's unhappy with his ice time and usage and that's the main factor in wanting a return to the NHL. Not sure how he thinks he's going to get better ice time in a superior league, but that's literally what his agent said in the article.

And for what it's worth, The Athletic puts out good content. Their subscriber model allows them to tailor content to the reader, rather than conforming to the will of their sponsors. It's far less click-baity and far more insightful imo.

Tree is an upgrade on our current bottom pair.  I could see him getting a regular shift 5 on 5, and getting lots of PK time too.  16 to 18 minutes (hard minutes too) per game.  How much is that worth in a contract though?  2.5 million x 3 years?  

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tree is an upgrade on our current bottom pair.  I could see him getting a regular shift 5 on 5, and getting lots of PK time too.  16 to 18 minutes (hard minutes too) per game.  How much is that worth in a contract though?  2.5 million x 3 years?  

It's so tough to say. I dont know about you but I haven't seen him play since he's left, and my suspicion is that most of the people speculating about where he might fit/ who he might displace/ how much he'll be paid haven't either.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

Does this imply that we are dealing with a bunch of racists?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...

This is wrong.

 

The math has been done and ad revenue from articles are not nearly enough to cover wages for writers. Hence why click bait has become so popular.

 

Athletics are the future of sports news

Edited by 5Fivehole0
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

This is wrong.

 

The math has been done and ad revenue from articles are not nearly enough to cover wages for writers. Hence why click bait has become so popular.

 

Athletics are the future of sports news

1txerc.jpg

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Don't get too excited about Feb 27. Only one third of KHL teams miss the playoffs, and it doesn't really look like Tram's is going to be one of them.

Yeah, thanks; I checked the standings and you are right; Avto would pretty much have to fall apart over the next 4 weeks.

I guess the next hope would be an early exit from the first round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Does this imply that we are dealing with a bunch of racists?

Russians aren't a separate race. But it seems evident that there is some bigotry on CDC. Some posters are invariably negative about Russians. There is some pretty silly negative crap in both Tram's thread and Pod's.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Does this imply that we are dealing with a bunch of racists?

The term probably better suited would be “prejudice” ..   Just as Russia has wanted more russian content in the KHL.

Perhaps it’s just relative to the continent the game is played on... but any league that aspires to be the worlds best should have no boundaries in its relationships.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Russians aren't a separate race. But it seems evident that there is some bigotry on CDC. Some posters are invariably negative about Russians. There is some pretty silly negative crap in both Tram's thread and Pod's.

The dictionary definition doesn't match what people associate the word racism to anymore. It is more so jingoistic than racist or prejudice. There are specific words that people have forgotten about that define specific things but instead of using those words they just say racist. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The dictionary definition doesn't match what people associate the word racism to anymore. It is more so jingoistic than racist or prejudice. There are specific words that people have forgotten about that define specific things but instead of using those words they just say racist. 

so true, plus yes what was accepted 20 years ago,even 10 is not now.

 

I think people are way to sensitive and since it is not face to face, misread what others mean

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

so true, plus yes what was accepted 20 years ago,even 10 is not now.

 

I think people are way to sensitive and since it is not face to face, misread what others mean

They've made racism subjective based on these new combined definitions. It's like you have to step back gather information and determine just what exactly the person(s) are saying is racist. If you argue then you just get screamed at that words evolve. They use the word because they know how powerful it is. It's losing its meaning because of it.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Russians aren't a separate race. But it seems evident that there is some bigotry on CDC. Some posters are invariably negative about Russians. There is some pretty silly negative crap in both Tram's thread and Pod's.

The average CDCer is probably 20-40.... many were youngsters who were crushed when Pavel Bure left town.  That hatred is embedded in many, that they hold a negative bias to Russian players in general.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...