Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, 5Fivehole0 said:

First of all, Rest in peace.

 

But no, like Harman Dayal(best Canucks journalist), Craig Custance, Dom Luszczyszyn, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Cruickshank, Thomas Drance.

 

All these guys put out great, and informative articles, and interviews.

Luszczyszyn doesn't belong there. He's a hack who freely admits to not watching games, and just analyzes spreadsheets.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Don;t mind when people link their articles but I would never pay for the publication, I am too cheap to sign up for Spotify Premium.

Totally fair.

 

I just don't like when people immediately write them off as if they aren't doing anything good. They're just trying to make a living doing what they love

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Xenophobia? 

Xenophobia is a form of fear, but racism and tribalism are more related to hatred, disdain, and dislike - similar in that they regard people in terms of the groups to which they are perceived to belong. Tribalism is a strange cocept because there are far greater differences within each group than there are between the groups.

  • Wat 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Luszczyszyn doesn't belong there. He's a hack who freely admits to not watching games, and just analyzes spreadsheets.

Luszczyszyn?        That’s actually his name?...  I thought it was a bot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Auto won again today and stands in fourth place in their 12 team conference (where I assume 8 make the playoffs).

 

They have a 17 point lead in the standings over the highest of the teams in their conference that are out of the playoffs at this time.

 

I have to conclude that this is insurmountable and that Auto will make the playoffs.

 

If they are swept, that might mean that Tryamkin will be available in about 5 weeks.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he joins, it would be great if he can join the team at least 10 games before the playoffs to learn the system. 

 

My prediction for the playoff matchup is Van (1st) vs Vegas (4th) and Oilers (2nd) vs Flames (3rd) in the first round. If we can beat Vegas, both the Flames and Oilers are beatable opponents and our road to WCF is wide open. Based on the games against the Vegas this season, we definitely need a lot of physicality in the lineup to beat them in a 7 game seres. Tryamkin would be a huge upgrade over Fatenberg/Stecher.

 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stecher or Fanteberg-Tryamkin

Benn

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Xenophobia is a form of fear, but racism and tribalism are more related to hatred, disdain, and dislike - similar in that they regard people in terms of the groups to which they are perceived to belong. Tribalism is a strange cocept because there are far greater differences within each group than there are between the groups.

...huh...

 

...who cares!!

 

Go Canucks!!

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be weary adding him to this team so late in the season but next year if he wants to join he's welcome to try at training camp, but you have to think Green's going to give Juolevi/Rafferty a decent look-in.

 

If we do run into injury problems he'd certainly be welcome as a 5th-6th defenceman who can slot straight into a 20 minute role comfortably. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd be weary adding him to this team so late in the season but next year if he wants to join he's welcome to try at training camp, but you have to think Green's going to give Juolevi/Rafferty a decent look-in.

 

If we do run into injury problems he'd certainly be welcome as a 5th-6th defenceman who can slot straight into a 20 minute role comfortably. 

I agree.  We have 3 guys who should be ready/close to ready.  Brisebois is probably close as well.  It will be interesting to see what JB does with Stecher, Fantenberg and Benn this offseason.  How much room does he make for the prospects?  Would be a gamble, but he could save a few million in cap if he didn't have Benn and Stecher back.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tryamkin could easily step into Fantenburgs/Benn's role right now. I truly expect to see Tanev or Stecher traded so the next few weeks will be interesting to follow.

 

I believe Tanev is worth a first at this deadline with his current healthy play this season. He also doesn't seem to be a guy we'd resign due to his injury history and coming prospect depth in that area (Rafferty, Tram, Chatfield and Woo). Therefore, we should trade him, accrue assets and prepare this team as a contender for the next 2-5 years.

 

Missing Tanev this season will hurt, but it should benefit us long term with Benning's stellar drafting

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If Tanev is traded the only thing we would accomplish is watching as teams like VGK, CGY, EDM and ARZ pass us by in the standings.

 

Because we are not gonna make the playoffs.

Only a moron would trade Tanev now, and JB ain’t no moron. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets be honest does anyone here think that this late in the season, when teams are gonna be stepping it up a notch especially in the pacific, that bringing in a player who wasn't played in the NHL in 3 years, who only has 79 NHL games under his belt  to replace a guy who's responsible for being a top PKer, matching up against top players all the while keeping an eye out for a rookie is a good idea?

 

On top of everything I stated all those teams will also be looking to add or improve by deadline so would it be a good idea to downgrade on uncertainty? 

  • Hydration 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tryamkin could easily step into Fantenburgs/Benn's role right now. I truly expect to see Tanev or Stecher traded so the next few weeks will be interesting to follow.

 

I believe Tanev is worth a first at this deadline with his current healthy play this season. He also doesn't seem to be a guy we'd resign due to his injury history and coming prospect depth in that area (Rafferty, Tram, Chatfield and Woo). Therefore, we should trade him, accrue assets and prepare this team as a contender for the next 2-5 years.

 

Missing Tanev this season will hurt, but it should benefit us long term with Benning's stellar drafting

100% disagree.  Not a chance . Tanev is not going anywhere this season. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither Tanev nor Stecher are getting traded this season.  We have a chance to win the division and actually not just make the playoffs but do some damage as well.  We are 14-4 in our last 18 games.  I don’t think we’ve had this much success since 2012.  We aren’t going to trade anybody on the roster.  Most likely we will stand pat and wait for Ferland and Leivo to come back to add to our depth.  We don’t have the cap space to add another player.

 

In regards to Tryamkin, if he comes it would be in March and he would add to our defensive depth.  I don’t think he’s going to replace any of our starters in the beginning, but come playoff time he could be a great option on the 3rd pairing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...