The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Like botch?

Hold on let me get you the exact number of the score subscribers. And tsn. And sportsnet. And CBC sports.

First of all, Rest in peace.

But no, like Harman Dayal(best Canucks journalist), Craig Custance, Dom Luszczyszyn, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Cruickshank, Thomas Drance.

All these guys put out great, and informative articles, and interviews.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

But no, like Harman Dayal(best Canucks journalist), Craig Custance, Dom Luszczyszyn, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Cruickshank, Thomas Drance.

Pierre lebrun is probably the best on your little list. And hes just a tsn layoff lol.

11 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, thanks; I checked the standings and you are right; Avto would pretty much have to fall apart over the next 4 weeks.

I guess the next hope would be an early exit from the first round.

Yes, ideally with Tram being absolutely heroic in a losing cause. And getting all fired up to play some more this season.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, ideally with Tram being absolutely heroic in a losing cause. And getting all fired up to play some more this season.

Kovar their true number one goalie got hurt three games ago. Doesn't look like he's coming back anytime soon. 

Their other goalies are not that good. I see an early exit if when they make the playoffs. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, peaches5 said:

They've made racism subjective based on these new combined definitions. It's like you have to step back gather information and determine just what exactly the person(s) are saying is racist. If you argue then you just get screamed at that words evolve. They use the word because they know how powerful it is. It's losing its meaning because of it.

I was originally using the term with a dose of irony. Racism is a form of collectivism - regarding an individual primarily in terms of one of the ‘collectives’ to which he belongs. More specifically, in this case it is a form of tribalism.

8 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I was originally using the term with a dose of irony. Racism is a form of collectivism - regarding an individual primarily in terms of one of the ‘collectives’ to which he belongs. More specifically, in this case it is a form of tribalism.

Xenophobia? 

20 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Actually. Harman Dayal or Drance, or Pronman, I'd say. Though Lebrun is no slouch himself

Don;t mind when people link their articles but I would never pay for the publication, I am too cheap to sign up for Spotify Premium.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, 5Fivehole0 said:

Luszczyszyn doesn't belong there. He's a hack who freely admits to not watching games, and just analyzes spreadsheets.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Don;t mind when people link their articles but I would never pay for the publication, I am too cheap to sign up for Spotify Premium.

Totally fair.

I just don't like when people immediately write them off as if they aren't doing anything good. They're just trying to make a living doing what they love

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Xenophobia? 

Xenophobia is a form of fear, but racism and tribalism are more related to hatred, disdain, and dislike - similar in that they regard people in terms of the groups to which they are perceived to belong. Tribalism is a strange cocept because there are far greater differences within each group than there are between the groups.

• Wat 2

Auto won again today and stands in fourth place in their 12 team conference (where I assume 8 make the playoffs).

They have a 17 point lead in the standings over the highest of the teams in their conference that are out of the playoffs at this time.

I have to conclude that this is insurmountable and that Auto will make the playoffs.

If they are swept, that might mean that Tryamkin will be available in about 5 weeks.

• Thanks 2

If he joins, it would be great if he can join the team at least 10 games before the playoffs to learn the system. 

My prediction for the playoff matchup is Van (1st) vs Vegas (4th) and Oilers (2nd) vs Flames (3rd) in the first round. If we can beat Vegas, both the Flames and Oilers are beatable opponents and our road to WCF is wide open. Based on the games against the Vegas this season, we definitely need a lot of physicality in the lineup to beat them in a 7 game seres. Tryamkin would be a huge upgrade over Fatenberg/Stecher.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stecher or Fanteberg-Tryamkin

Benn

21 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Xenophobia is a form of fear, but racism and tribalism are more related to hatred, disdain, and dislike - similar in that they regard people in terms of the groups to which they are perceived to belong. Tribalism is a strange cocept because there are far greater differences within each group than there are between the groups.

...huh...

...who cares!!

Go Canucks!!

• Cheers 1

I'd be weary adding him to this team so late in the season but next year if he wants to join he's welcome to try at training camp, but you have to think Green's going to give Juolevi/Rafferty a decent look-in.

If we do run into injury problems he'd certainly be welcome as a 5th-6th defenceman who can slot straight into a 20 minute role comfortably. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd be weary adding him to this team so late in the season but next year if he wants to join he's welcome to try at training camp, but you have to think Green's going to give Juolevi/Rafferty a decent look-in.

If we do run into injury problems he'd certainly be welcome as a 5th-6th defenceman who can slot straight into a 20 minute role comfortably. 

I agree.  We have 3 guys who should be ready/close to ready.  Brisebois is probably close as well.  It will be interesting to see what JB does with Stecher, Fantenberg and Benn this offseason.  How much room does he make for the prospects?  Would be a gamble, but he could save a few million in cap if he didn't have Benn and Stecher back.

• Cheers 1