The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I like what he brings as a player, and am intrigued at the idea of Ferland & Tryamkin joining the team for a playoff run.  If Try doesn’t fit into the current team - I would think he’s a valuable trade asset. His agent’s language about being able to play on ‘any NHL team,’ may be hinting at exactly that.

2 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Don't think our goaltending is bad just that my fellow Canucks fans over rate avarage goaltending

The initial stats support your claim. But if you consider the -quality- of shots (also stat supported) our goaltending is pretty darn good. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I like what he brings as a player, and am intrigued at the idea of Ferland & Tryamkin joining the team for a playoff run.  If Try doesn’t fit into the current team - I would think he’s a valuable trade asset. His agent’s language about being able to play on ‘any NHL team,’ may be hinting at exactly that.

I think his agent was making* the point that NT is NHL ready..   his rights are ours for 1 or 2 more seasons regardless.

i don’t see that comment as a point to go elsewhere or a threat.

Tryamkin will bring a catalyst to the D core not unlike what Tyler Motte brings to the F core..

balanced strength and chemistry will flow through all other D pairings with a player like Nik in.

Just to note:   I think Joulevi will replace Tanev either before the TDL or next season.

and if Ferland gets back FULL ON soon , and add an arrival of Tryamkin to our team this season..  

its going to be a great playoff season for us.   A learned one in the least.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Burr 1

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think his agent was making* the point that NT is NHL ready..   his rights are ours for 1 or 2 more seasons regardless.

i don’t see that comment as a point to go elsewhere or a threat.

Tryamkin will bring a catalyst to the D core not unlike what Tyler Motte brings to the F core..

balanced strength and chemistry will flow through all other D pairings with a player like Nik in.

Just to note:   I think Joulevi will replace Tanev either before the TDL or next season.

and if Ferland gets back FULL ON soon , and add an arrival of Tryamkin to our team this season..  

its going to be a great playoff season for us.   A learned one in the least.

If Tryamkin is serious about coming over we can either trade/waive Benn Or fantenberg. 

Olli is a left handed D. Next year he might get called up and split time and either he or Tryamkin If they are both around will get more responsibility once Edler leaves/retires/plays a reduced role 

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That may be wishful thinking. 

I feel that there’s a better chance he doesn’t pan out than become a top 2 D. 

I think he’s already shown he can play in this league even if it was a small sample size.

The question is can he be more than 6th/7th guy (on a good team) and will he be happy with that role or will he head back to Russia again.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That may be wishful thinking. 

I feel that there’s a better chance he doesn’t pan out than become a top 2 D. 

He was already a solid 3rd pairing D in his rookie season as a 21 he old with 60 GP.

im sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised JD ;) 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s already shown he can play in this league even if it was a small sample size.

The question is can he be more than 6th/7th guy (on a good team) and will he be happy with that role or will he head back to Russia again.

I’m pretty sure he’s done with the KHL Deniro, rumour was his team was trying to extort him to signing a new contract by keeping him out of games... in the latest interview (this month) he stated he looks back to his time in Vancouver as a good one, but realizes he was young and immature for making some of the decisions he did.

i think JB has a real gem with longevity, pride, and faithfulness in Nik.

if he can recognize his own faults, he wants to resurrect himself,  this is a determined man who has always wanted to play in a the best league, with the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Worst-kept secret.  Let's hope he's matured the past three years, and is willing to pay the price to make it here.  If not, what else -- go to another KHL team?  He needs to settle down and make a career commitment.

I'm most interested to see if he's 'just' a bottom pair/spare guy when he comes back, or is there more there? How much untapped is there (or not)?

But yeah, I agree, he needs to actually commit and put the work and time in and make a go of it.

• Hydration 1