The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 hours ago, Kushman said:

He is well liked, he's a local boy, but at the end of the day, I think they move on from him.. If not for tryamkin, then someone else. Our offense is set, we are scoring at a great pace. Our defense however is still soft. It will get exposed in the playoffs when the intensity goes way up. Only room for one small guy on the back end and thats Hughes.

A major benefit of the Canucks making playoffs is seeing how players perform in a much more demanding workplace. The regular season is not playoff hockey. Different game all together. Stecher is a character player and I give him cred for his approach to the game. That said I do see him being moved. I simply question how well he will fair in game in game out heavy play. If his ppg were higher I might think differently. Is there another option with more size that can deliver what he does? I have to think yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This makes no sense.    If you assume that the size/space on the "back end" is constant, there would be an equal amount of room for guys irrespective of size.   Now, if you tried to cram a bunch of big guys and then a bunch of small guys into that constant space, which group of guys could you find more of at the end of the cramming?   Bingo.    There is always "more room" for small guys as they are smaller.   

It works in any unit - check it out:

image014.gif

:ph34r:

Just did the math. It checks out.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

A major benefit of the Canucks making playoffs is seeing how players perform in a much more demanding workplace. The regular season is not playoff hockey. Different game all together. Stecher is a character player and I give him cred for his approach to the game. That said I do see him being moved. I simply question how well he will fair in game in game out heavy play. If his ppg were higher I might think differently. Is there another option with more size that can deliver what he does? I have to think yes. 

Stecher kind of reminds me of Mike Weaver.  A smart, confident but smaller guy that does his best to play a big man's game.  

That a few more inches taller and an extra 20 pounds, and he would be a legitimate top-4 on any team.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

That's why they're behind a paywall right?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...

I'd have trouble paying you 73% of a dollar for that :P

17 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

I read that article. Definitely a couple red flags. For those who don't subscribe, basically whats playing out in Russia is the same thing that played out when he came to Van. He's unhappy with his ice time and usage and that's the main factor in wanting a return to the NHL. Not sure how he thinks he's going to get better ice time in a superior league, but that's literally what his agent said in the article.

And for what it's worth, The Athletic puts out good content. Their subscriber model allows them to tailor content to the reader, rather than conforming to the will of their sponsors. It's far less click-baity and far more insightful imo.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

I read that article. Definitely a couple red flags. For those who don't subscribe, basically whats playing out in Russia is the same thing that played out when he came to Van. He's unhappy with his ice time and usage and that's the main factor in wanting a return to the NHL. Not sure how he thinks he's going to get better ice time in a superior league, but that's literally what his agent said in the article.

And for what it's worth, The Athletic puts out good content. Their subscriber model allows them to tailor content to the reader, rather than conforming to the will of their sponsors. It's far less click-baity and far more insightful imo.

Tree is an upgrade on our current bottom pair.  I could see him getting a regular shift 5 on 5, and getting lots of PK time too.  16 to 18 minutes (hard minutes too) per game.  How much is that worth in a contract though?  2.5 million x 3 years?  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tree is an upgrade on our current bottom pair.  I could see him getting a regular shift 5 on 5, and getting lots of PK time too.  16 to 18 minutes (hard minutes too) per game.  How much is that worth in a contract though?  2.5 million x 3 years?  

It's so tough to say. I dont know about you but I haven't seen him play since he's left, and my suspicion is that most of the people speculating about where he might fit/ who he might displace/ how much he'll be paid haven't either.  

On 1/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

Does this imply that we are dealing with a bunch of racists?

10 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

This is wrong.

The math has been done and ad revenue from articles are not nearly enough to cover wages for writers. Hence why click bait has become so popular.

Athletics are the future of sports news

Edited by 5Fivehole0