The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN - Canucks will finish 9th, Leafs and Flames tandem as good as Canucks

DeNiro

I have nothing against them predicting us finishing 9th. After last season. we're not exactly considered a threat in the West.

However, saying that Reimer and Bernier are as good as Miller and Lack? Seriously? I know the Leafs like to build Reimer up as something he's not, but comparing him to Miller? Or even Bernier to Miller? That's pretty ridiculous considering the track record both of them have.

They didn't even mention Lack by the way. What an insult to him.

I'll even accept Calgary's tandem as being on par because Hiller is at least a proven number 1, and Ramo is a solid backup.

Either way, it's apparent the analysts at TSN don't expect much from this team. Which I don't mind at all, because I like them flying under the radar.

The teams TSN say will capture wildcard playoff spots in the West are Colorado and Minnesota. If that is accurate those are 2 teams we want to win games against this season. I think Dallas and San Jose are other teams we need compete with this year.

Reference the comments about goaltenders comparisons. Miller is a silver medal winner, while Reimer and Scrivens will never play in the Olympics.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I was Toronto and had to watch us completely bungle Luongo/Schneider and still end up with Miller/Lack, I would have a serious case of sour grapes too.

I hope Reimer's wife stays off twitter this season.

I definitely think they're a bit bitter about that.

It makes it harder for them to rub it in our faces, since our goaltending duo appears solid once again.

Isn't the Leaf's tandem Bernier and Reimer??? Scrivens is for the Oilers....

TBH I'd rather have Bernier/Reimer over Miller/Lack

Bernier and Miller numbers very similar

Bernier 26 wins, 19 losses, GAA 2.38, Save% .923

Miller 25 wins , 30 losses , GAA 2.47, Save% .918

Hiller 29 wins, 13 losses, GAA 2.48, Save% .911

Reimer 12 wins, 16 losses, GAA: 3.29, Save%.911

Lack 16 wins, 17 losses, GAA: 2.41, Save% .912

Ramo 17 wins, 15 losses GAA 2.65, Save% .911

If you look at their last regular season stats its nearly Identical.. Yes several of them were either on a bad or good team, but regardless of that confounding variable, these goalies post similar numbers.

Im not surprised that TSN doesn't see much because they do look mostly upon statistical analysis to base their facts and assumptions. Excluding all of the other accomplishments the goalies have done, they really do match up around the same.

I go on the TSN page and there's 3 count em 3 Leafs stories.

Dreger still rides cousin Nonis' Jock and they all pretend the Leafs are a cup caliber team every year.

No shock.

But 9th? I figured around 11th honestly

I find the Sportsnet page becomes just as awful too

Eastern media... such a joke sometimes.

The teams TSN say will capture wildcard playoff spots in the West are Colorado and Minnesota. If that is accurate those are 2 teams we want to win games against this season. I think Dallas and San Jose are other teams we need compete with this year.

Reference the comments about goaltenders comparisons. Miller is a silver medal winner, while Reimer and Scrivens will never play in the Olympics.

I think that San Jose, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Vancouver, and possibly Nashville will all be battling for playoff spots while it looks like Chicago, LA, St. Louis, Anaheim are the no-brainers to make it. Games against the bolded are the ones that I am most excited to watch this season! Two of these teams won't be making the cut. Nashville is looking like the most likely amongst these listed teams to miss, while one of Vancouver, Minnesota, and Dallas is more likely than the others to be the second to miss. However, anything is possible.

I say Vancouver finishes 8th. Minnesota I think will come 9th. I believe that it will come down to the final game of the season to determine which team between the two makes it.

Isn't the Leaf's tandem Bernier and Reimer??? Scrivens is for the Oilers....

TBH I'd rather have Bernier/Reimer over Miller/Lack

Bernier and Miller numbers very similar

If you look at their last regular season stats its nearly Identical.. Yes several of them were either on a bad or good team, but regardless of that confounding variable, these goalies post similar numbers.

Im not surprised that TSN doesn't see much because they do look mostly upon statistical analysis to base their facts and assumptions. Excluding all of the other accomplishments the goalies have done, they really do match up around the same.

Most people don't make projections based on small sample sizes.

Bernier and Reimer's track records are not big enough to assume that they'll continue that trend.

Miller has been a solid goalie throughout his career, won a Vezina, and backstopped his team to a silver medal.

To say that either one is a better goalie at this point, is making quite a few assumptions.

Archived